What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2020 + 21

this piston pump vacumetic filling is currently the easiest and most user friendly filling mechanism that any fountain pen new offered on the market , you basically just stick the pen into the ink bottle ( one handed ) and just pump the button a few times and then that's it ; it just work and work each and every time .. I've had no issue with them. Jut FYI , the following is my 601A ( Triumph nib ) with a solid no window barrel , both windowed and solid version exist for all colour choices ( except for the all Transparent and the Transparent Blue which clearly had no need for a window anyway )

Wing Sung 601A Battleship Grey, on Flickr

Thanks... pump does require a bladder doesn't it for the ink? its just like the 51 vacumatic filling system...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• Bikerchick

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delike Times with rosewood(?) finish. Obviously 'inspired' by the Faber-Castell Ondoro, but a cheap 'clone' at that, it was sub-optimal in more ways than one out-of-the-box. I fixed the most egregious issues (amateurishly), and it writes well enough, but I just haven't been using it much.

But then, I started doing this thing over here, and wanted to grab the one pen I remember was last filled with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan ink. It hard-started for a little bit, and then it wrote... sorta. Enough to do several test 'slides', and a couple of throwaway paragraphs on Rhodia paper when I was trying to establish whether it still worked or not.

I decided to refill the pen last night, with the same ink as before. On removing the converter from the section, I could see it was down to the last half a drop of ink; more than three-quarters of the converter's worth of liquid has evaporated since the last fill. Then I went to update my inking log book, and saw...

... that the pen was last inked mid-July in 2019, more than thirteen whole months ago; and, as I said, it still wrote and not just a few words. I was absolutely astounded by that.

So it gets to go out with me outside today, displacing other pens I could carry for the day.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

A " LBT Long Tail Fountain Pen" a $5 copy of the Lamy Joy with a choice of nib sizes, I chose a 1.1 stub. Nicely made.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Thanks... pump does require a bladder doesn't it for the ink? its just like the 51 vacumatic filling system...

All that the pump do is to expel air out of the breather tube and create negative pressure when releasing the button ; Parker's original use a bladder but the 601 simply use a rubber piston with a tight fit barrel to do that ( similar to piston filler's ) and of course this type of setup far more serviceble and prove more robust than bladder. And it's kind of interesting to know even this replacing the bladder with a piston is nothing new. It was first used late 1950's by Beijing Jinxing ( Golden Star ) on some of their top end models Edited by Mech-for-i

fpn_1598310420__jinhao_100_centenniale.j

Jinhao 100 Centennial (Deep Orange & Koi) - M. nib

No way , Clotted Cream Fudge I want one though I am sure my doctor will kill me for that

Edited by Mech-for-i

Delike New Moon, one of the "new" ones – fourth iteration, I think. I love the mostly green resin but I didn't get on that well with the original EF nib. Have now replaced that with a Delike M nib I bought from Bobby and all is well.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

No way , Clotted Cream Fudge I want one though I am sure my doctor will kill me for that

But the doctor will blame it on the fudge

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Jinhao 159 Silver/Gold - M. Nib Ink: Thorton's Oxblood

Jinhao Mako Shark (Green)- M. nib Ink: Diamine Sherwood Green.

Fine Writing International 'Planets series: Mercury' with a steel EF nib made by JoWo, writing in Robert Oster Flaming Blue ink.

fpn_1599351135__fwi_mercury_writing_samp

The nib is awesome, the lines it puts down are sufficiently wet but still precise, and the pen is comfortable to hold and use, and well-constructed besides. Pity about the three-and-a-half turns required to uncap the pen, making it impractical to use as an EDC or casual jotter.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Fine Writing International 'Planets series: Mercury' with a steel EF nib made by JoWo, writing in Robert Oster Flaming Blue ink.

fpn_1599351135__fwi_mercury_writing_samp

The nib is awesome, the lines it puts down are sufficiently wet but still precise, and the pen is comfortable to hold and use, and well-constructed besides. Pity about the three-and-a-half turns required to uncap the pen, making it impractical to use as an EDC or casual jotter.

Like the looks of your pen. For me it could easily be an EDC.

Very nice pen indeed smug. It is not piston filled?

Thanks. No, it's cartridge/converter-filled, but also designed to work as an eyedropper-filled pen and are already fitted with an O-ring in the factory.

I'd originally ordered the Fine Writing International Brass Age, which alas wouldn't ideally suit your requirement or preference for all-metal pens, because in spite of the metal gripping section, pen cap and end finial (which is more like a blind cap in length, but is not movable or removable), it still has a clear acrylic section. Anyway, after waiting for months, the retailer still couldn't get it into stock, so I cancelled the order. Out of the five models in the Planet series, Mercury would not have been nearly my first choice, but that was the one that was offered on special and so I took it. I suppose it isn't so bad when I put blue ink in its converter to fit with the "swirls of blue against a vast background of no colour" aesthetic, whereas I'd have put a reddish-brown or dark brown ink in the Jupiter, possibly as an eyedropper-filled pen.

By the way, there is no valve on the body of the pen, so I'd expect that it may burp if used as an eyedroppered pen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Dian Blue Light of Hope - Ink:: Blackstone Australian Barrier Reef Blue (won in a giveaway)

Jinhao 9035 (Red Wood) - M. nib. Ink: Diamine Brandy Dazzle

Lanbitou 3059 - M. nib. Ink: Diamine Sherwood Green

Just received Moonman F9 in brown snake and orange spider a few days ago. I have to say they are fun and enjoyable to use. They're surprisingly well made, and to me, quite good looking pens. Both pens write well with good ink flow and fine line. Quality is like a much more expensive pen.

moonman-f9-1.jpg

Edited by Nyoko

• 3 weeks later...

after retrofitting a vintage " Classic " ( Classic is the brand name ) Medium 2 tone slim no.5 nib and had it cleaned , start my Wing Sung 601-II purple colour option (so called but its a very dark plum ) today with Diamine Damson

50475989687_e4a824db54_k.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jUoDbg], on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

Lanbitou 3059 - White - M. nib Ink: Diamine Sherwood Green

Lanbitou 3059 - Purple - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Amethyst

Lanbitou 3059 - Blue - F nib. Ink: Diamine Sargasso

Lanbitou 3059 - Red - F. nib Ink: Akkerman Dutch Masters Scharlaken von Jan Steen

Jinhao 9035 - M. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Absolute Brown

Wing Sung 699 - M. nib Ink: Iroshizuku Kon Peki

TWSBI Mini 580 - M. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Black

TWSBI Eco Green - M. nib. Ink: Diamine Apple Green

(Been an interesting couple of days dabbling with these ink colors)