Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2020 + 21


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Helen350 said:

 

I just might add the black version to my collection.  I love the original, 2nd generation and the

316A.  Of my collection, I had only one 316 which required me to smooth the nib just a bit. 

Overall, I have found the nibs to be nice writers.  If I want them butter smooth, then I pull out my

micromesh.  It is not often that I write with a true F nib, and never with an EF nib.  I prefer M nibs

or a F/M nib.  Have larger handwriting.  Checked the stamping on my new generation & 316A nibs,

and found no problem with the alignment.  Maybe I was just lucky!  Of my 360 pens I find myself

more frequently inking the Kaigelu 316 & 316A, Jinhao 100 Centennial, Sheaffer NoNonsense, Lamy

Al-Star and Picasso Avignon--my absolute favorite - nib is smooth as soften butter. I do strive to

go through many others like my Bexleys, Monteverdes, Watermans, TWSBI Ecos, Noodlers Ahabs

with #6 Goulet M. nib, Platinum 3776s and my beautiful pens from India.  Yet, for my daily general

writing in the past year or so, I tend to always have a Jinhao 100 or Kaigelu 316 inked up along

with 2-3 others.  My collection is very eclectic and one which represents my fixed budget (LOL). 

Like the 699, with two in the collection. 

Hi - I have to agree with you, I think the new 316A is my favorite amongst the 316, and 100/100A.   My amber one gets the most use, and my daughter loves the white/pink version.  I think we have six 316A floating around, and they have all been solid writers, we have EF, F, and M nibs.  I actually like the EF with HOD.   I am going to swap the "long knife" nib into one soon.   I am with you and always have my 316A with me in my case.  Eclectic collections are fantastic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Helen350

    72

  • Mech-for-i

    26

  • AmandaW

    20

  • Bikerchick

    22

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

21 hours ago, Helen350 said:

 

I just might add the black version to my collection.  I love the original, 2nd generation and the

316A.  Of my collection, I had only one 316 which required me to smooth the nib just a bit. 

Overall, I have found the nibs to be nice writers.  If I want them butter smooth, then I pull out my

micromesh.  It is not often that I write with a true F nib, and never with an EF nib.  I prefer M nibs

or a F/M nib.  Have larger handwriting.  Checked the stamping on my new generation & 316A nibs,

and found no problem with the alignment.  Maybe I was just lucky!  Of my 360 pens I find myself

more frequently inking the Kaigelu 316 & 316A, Jinhao 100 Centennial, Sheaffer NoNonsense, Lamy

Al-Star and Picasso Avignon--my absolute favorite - nib is smooth as soften butter. I do strive to

go through many others like my Bexleys, Monteverdes, Watermans, TWSBI Ecos, Noodlers Ahabs

with #6 Goulet M. nib, Platinum 3776s and my beautiful pens from India.  Yet, for my daily general

writing in the past year or so, I tend to always have a Jinhao 100 or Kaigelu 316 inked up along

with 2-3 others.  My collection is very eclectic and one which represents my fixed budget (LOL). 

Like the 699, with two in the collection. 

 

 

I think it's time for you to post some pictures of your eclectic collection.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, YFS said:

 

 

 

I think it's time for you to post some pictures of your eclectic collection.

 

 

I will get on it.  I made no claim my collection is eclectic; it is just what I can afford.  I was simply expressing my opinion that an eclectic collection is cool.  🙂  Variety is the spice of life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are just a few snaps of some of my eclectic and overall cost efficient pens. (LOL)

WIN_20220105_17_53_52_Pro.jpg.fd3ae8b6d3534b15737fca5864253de7.jpgcollection (LOL).  

WIN_20220105_17_09_01_Pro.thumb.jpg.90115e788e770bd4c37e728ec6908b32.jpgWIN_20220105_17_14_59_Pro.jpg.618c29e3ebb9f94fda0cabac47862684.jpgWIN_20220105_17_11_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.7a61926885e5845a4d7b089b4dd38562.jpgWIN_20220105_17_33_14_Pro.jpg.73bf9c862f9ad2befd20a4d01fb0a690.jpgWIN_20220105_17_45_30_Pro.jpg.46d890f1dc64c288a65b2e54c401d5a0.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOW - you are truly blessed to have such a wonderful collection!  I really like the variety of color in your collection.  I need to stop buying blue and demonstrator pens....  Thank you for sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's quite the collection Hellen. Very impressive.

You might be the one with the most extensive Picasso collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Hero 100 in stainless steel. I need an extra fine nib. No problems after many years unused. 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WIN_20220115_19_17_14_Pro.jpg.0b842b0f0dcb1e7dcee1187057fe9de5.jpg

On 1/8/2022 at 10:36 PM, YFS said:

That's quite the collection Hellen. Very impressive.

You might be the one with the most extensive Picasso collection.

 

I absolutely love the Picasso Avignon 933!  It is a beautiful pen to write with.

I love the nib on the 915 - engraved - a dove with a twig in its beak.  If

you look closely on my poor snap, I hope you can make it out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jinhao 166 - F/M nib.  Ink:  Lamy Aquamarine.  To think that I purchased this pen for less

than $1.00, and it writes pretty well, for the cost.  With just a bit of micromesh, the nib

could easily become smoother.

 

 

WIN_20220115_17_42_00_Pro.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 11:51 PM, Helen350 said:

Here are just a few snaps of some of my eclectic and overall cost efficient pens. (LOL)

WIN_20220105_17_53_52_Pro.jpg.fd3ae8b6d3534b15737fca5864253de7.jpgcollection (LOL).  

WIN_20220105_17_09_01_Pro.thumb.jpg.90115e788e770bd4c37e728ec6908b32.jpgWIN_20220105_17_14_59_Pro.jpg.618c29e3ebb9f94fda0cabac47862684.jpgWIN_20220105_17_11_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.7a61926885e5845a4d7b089b4dd38562.jpgWIN_20220105_17_33_14_Pro.jpg.73bf9c862f9ad2befd20a4d01fb0a690.jpgWIN_20220105_17_45_30_Pro.jpg.46d890f1dc64c288a65b2e54c401d5a0.jpg

 

That is quite the collection, Helen. Thank you for sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LingMo Lorelei - F/M nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs Decadent Purple

Picasso 915 - M. nib.  Ink:  Lamy AquaMarine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some of my Jinhao and Kaigelu pens with a Moonman thrown in for good measure. IMG_20220119_082806.thumb.jpg.2f7da3b4f7e091523bd947cc18a6ad33.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Holben said:

Here are some of my Jinhao and Kaigelu pens with a Moonman thrown in for good measure. IMG_20220119_082806.thumb.jpg.2f7da3b4f7e091523bd947cc18a6ad33.jpg

  Can see you've been busy collecting yourself!  Looking good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wing Sung 699 and 601

 

20220119_162638.thumb.jpg.d7ef6696730f14f4dad1983184423469.jpg

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Helen350 said:

  Can see you've been busy collecting yourself!  Looking good!

Thank you for the kind words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New pen day - Majohn green fireworks T5.  Only initial use, but I really like this pen and enjoy it.  The nib is very smooth - better than I expected.  The colors are very subdued, but interesting and classy.   The photos don't do it justice.   The cap threads are buttery smooth.  The ink window seems useful.  So far so good.   Sorry for the poor handwriting and photo.

 

IMG_20220120_145557.thumb.jpg.bba5f2d300349d11d94e7767469c874c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That looks like one of the originals

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jinhao 100 Centennial arrived today.  M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Smoked Topaz

 

WIN_20220128_14_00_37_Pro.jpg.a375e0a4436279d464ab7ee2e2ae9228.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now







×
×
  • Create New...