Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• Bikerchick

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Mech-for-i said:

Starting my Custom Hero 100 ( with bull horn grind on the nib ) with Diamine Roasted Almond

50681369316_cbca6a8951_k.jpgHero 100 re-issued Rice Bran Grey with custom inlaid , custom Rainbow Flighter barrel & cap set, on Flickr

Congratulations.

Never heard of a "bull horn: grind. How about more details and a writing sample. please.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Two pens of a similar size:

A Hero 336, inked with Diamine Ancient Copper, possibly my favorite ink.
And a Wing Sung 612, which took a lot of adjusting to get it from the rusty nail to the lovely writer that it is today, inked with Pelikan Tanzanite. 

qzcfdcU.jpg

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

• 2 weeks later...

Finish a couple of mine today and starting my vintage Wing Sung 765 inked with Sailor Jentle "Douyo"

WS765EDC-setup.thumb.jpg.a0530626c48dcdada2540a964b062110.jpg

43 minutes ago, Mech-for-i said:

Finish a couple of mine today and starting my vintage Wing Sung 765 inked with Sailor Jentle "Douyo"

WS765EDC-setup.thumb.jpg.a0530626c48dcdada2540a964b062110.jpg

Just curious about how the triangular nib feels? And writes?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

20 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Just curious about how the triangular nib feels? And writes?

OCP-20210710_172147_DRO.thumb.jpg.ed2d8afda09a6b95e7735b0aad51def5.jpg

It must be noted there are several version of this nib and they do exhibit difference among them , there is the 12K gold version both Hero and Wing Sung, and their respective TigP steel version from them two and Wing Sung had an all polished steel version. There is also an licensed version produced by Laushi then

4 hours ago, Mech-for-i said:

OCP-20210710_172147_DRO.thumb.jpg.ed2d8afda09a6b95e7735b0aad51def5.jpg

It must be noted there are several version of this nib and they do exhibit difference among them , there is the 12K gold version both Hero and Wing Sung, and their respective TigP steel version from them two and Wing Sung had an all polished steel version. There is also an licensed version produced by Laushi then

Thank you for the added perspective. I have one, somewhere in the pen lardwe. Perhaps it is time to reclain it from obscurity and, at least, give it a drink of ink.

• 2 weeks later...

Moonman C2 (Purple). Had been hovering over this pen for a little while, but seeing that this was going out of stock  everywhere made me buy it.

Initially didn't like the pen on receiving it; the screw threads at the bottom of the section irritate me more than I thought they would, and the pen is a bit more wide/wet for a 'fine' than I've been using of late.

Have grown to love it though; Pelikan Turquoise seems to tame the flow issues (and the ink looks lovely moving around in the purple barrel), and I've learnt to place my grip where the threads don't irritate it.

Fantastic pen for the money.

I've been using the Jinhao Defiant (black and red) all week at work with VanDieman's Sea Turtle.  It gives the people at the COVID screening desk at work a kick when I sign in with it (that's a boring job!). 

However a lovely new PenBBS 308 in Smog had arrived in the letterbox when I got home tonight so I am happily in the process of playing with it, selecting ink(takes the longest) and switching over.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:37 AM, Helen350 said:

Kaigelu 316 - M. nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Mariner

WIN_20210727_17_31_15_Pro.jpg

Oh it's lovely with the silver trim, where did you find it ?

I just got one a month ago, older model, and it writes perfectly after switching the nib for a Kaigelu "long knife", kind of architect grind...

I'll post a photograph and scan tomorrow.

5 hours ago, DrScholl said:

Oh it's lovely with the silver trim, where did you find it ?

I just got one a month ago, older model, and it writes perfectly after switching the nib for a Kaigelu "long knife", kind of architect grind...

I'll post a photograph and scan tomorrow.

Actually it is gold trim, and the nib on this Kaigelu is actually smooth. 

Did not require any nib tweaking.  I wish my Jinhao 100 Centennial Checkerboard nib was as smooth. This Kaigelu is a lovely looking pen. 

My snap does not do it justice.  Will be adding another Kaigelu 316 to

my collection in just a few weeks.  Awaiting your photo.  Purchased

mine on Ebay--seller - office-product

8 hours ago, Helen350 said:

Actually it is gold trim, and the nib on this Kaigelu is actually smooth. 

Did not require any nib tweaking.  I wish my Jinhao 100 Centennial Checkerboard nib was as smooth. This Kaigelu is a lovely looking pen. 

My snap does not do it justice.  Will be adding another Kaigelu 316 to

my collection in just a few weeks.  Awaiting your photo.  Purchased

mine on Ebay--seller - office-product

Thanks for the answer, here's mine. On the close-up you can see the nib grind (and that I didn't clean the ring 😇, and at the bottom of the scan page you can see the line variations...

Kaigelu1.JPG

Kaigelu2.JPG

Long_knife_nibs.jpg

2 hours ago, DrScholl said:

Thanks for the answer, here's mine. On the close-up you can see the nib grind (and that I didn't clean the ring 😇, and at the bottom of the scan page you can see the line variations...

Kaigelu1.JPG

Kaigelu2.JPG

Long_knife_nibs.jpg

Vous permettez que je vous  demande ce que vous utilisez comme papier, svp?  Si je me souviens bien, Sailor Shirakashi est un encre kaki mais ici j'ai l'impression que l'encre est plutôt gris que vert. 

My other passion

2 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Vous permettez que je vous  demande ce que vous utilisez comme papier, svp?  Si je me souviens bien, Sailor Shirakashi est un encre kaki mais ici j'ai l'impression que l'encre est plutôt gris que vert. 

Je pense que ça vient plus du scanner que du papier, en réalité l'encre a plus de reflets verts en effet. Cela dit c'est du papier pelure, qu'utilisaient les cecrétaires au siècle dernier pour les copies carbone, qui offre un confort d'écriture éuqivalent pour moi au Tomoe River. Sauf qu'il est tellement fin que la lumière du scanner doit un peu passer à travers...

Translation : it's true that Shirakashi colour is not very true on this picture, it comes more from my scanner than from the paper I think. Or both : the paper is onion skin paper, the one used last century by typists for the carbon copies, of which I still have a fair but declining stock, my job being an archivist 😁. I find this paper as good as Tomoe River, and even thinner, so that the scan light might shine through and "flatten" the colours

8 hours ago, DrScholl said:

Je pense que ça vient plus du scanner que du papier

Ca explique tout, merci! :)

I have read about onion skin paper but I've never actually come across it, online or in brick and mortar stores. If or when Tomoe River stock dwindles,  I may have to look into that a little more closely. 

My other passion

Jinhao 159 - M. nib.  Ink:  Mixture - Dark Blue.  It is now 12:20 am, and I am up writing

a letter to an old friend. Using my wax seal stamp..

WIN_20210804_00_18_52_Pro.jpg