• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Detman101 said:

Is Opus-88 Chinese?
If not...I'm not using a chinese pen at all anymore! :D

I believe it is made in Taiwan

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I just picked up this pen, which I believe is a Hei Long Jiang 90, although it is labelled as a "HEILONGJIANG YOULIAN 2000" from 1984 by the seller.  It's supposedly celluloid, but considering the price, I doubt it. Still can't wait for it to arrive, the color is very interesting. 

H65d40141bcb340c0b9818f9fb02202f99.jpg

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

On 3/22/2021 at 9:23 AM, Ted A said:

I believe it is made in Taiwan

Ah ha!
Then I am using a Taiwanese pen!
EDIT: I am also using a chinese pen again hehe...the replacement section for my Penbbs-355 arrived so it's going back into loving service (hallelujah!).
😁

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jinhao Century in the brown. I like it a lot but want to put in a stub

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one of those red flame fuliwen 017. I had held off buying one of these pens but when I saw the red I decided screw it!

Also ordered a jinhao century because I did not like the moonman m600s ((bleep) nib, metals rings are falling off, poor weight balance). Jinhao's tend to have more flexibility in terms of replacing nibs too. 

3 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

I ordered one of those red flame fuliwen 017. I had held off buying one of these pens but when I saw the red I decided screw it!

Also ordered a jinhao century because I did not like the moonman m600s ((bleep) nib, metals rings are falling off, poor weight balance). Jinhao's tend to have more flexibility in terms of replacing nibs too. 

Also like the looks of the Red Flame Fuliwen.  Right now fighting the temptation

to buy one to add to my Blue Danube 017.  My Jinhao Century has been a nice

writer, only requiring just a bit of micromesh.  

Mainland - permainked though infrequently used

• Jinhao 85 wood - edc in a particular jacket
  • PenBBS 487 - used as an ink dumping ground eyedropper since the magnetic piston always gets stuck. 

Taiwan

• TWSBI Draco - could not resist
  • Opus 88 Jazz 

11 hours ago, peroride said:

Mainland - permainked though infrequently used

• Jinhao 85 wood - edc in a particular jacket
  • PenBBS 487 - used as an ink dumping ground eyedropper since the magnetic piston always gets stuck. 

Taiwan

• TWSBI Draco - could not resist
  • Opus 88 Jazz 

I have a jazz in the mail. Can't wait!

My Selmy Rose gold ( OEM versionof Hero H610 ) retrofitted with vintage Golden Star ( Jinxing ) 6.9K Medium nib ( yes its 6.9K gold , the lowest gold content nib I had , but it write way smoother and is way softer than the 6.9K suggest )

51110711124_e5beeb582b_o.jpgSelmy Rose Gold, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Mech-for-i said:

My Selmy Rose gold ( OEM versionof Hero H610 ) retrofitted with vintage Golden Star ( Jinxing ) 6.9K Medium nib ( yes its 6.9K gold , the lowest gold content nib I had , but it write way smoother and is way softer than the 6.9K suggest )

51110711124_e5beeb582b_o.jpgSelmy Rose Gold, on Flickr

Mech:  Really like the looks of that pen.  I don't think I've ever seen it before.  

On 4/23/2021 at 8:30 AM, readytotalk said:

Vintage "Lucky" from 1960s, very smooth 12K nib, transparent section.

20190329_111824.thumb.jpg.f51b975c69a4ad24705c36f481100e0b.jpg

Wow. She's a beaut. Where did you find this lovely pen, if you don't mind my asking?

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

16 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

Wow. She's a beaut. Where did you find this lovely pen, if you don't mind my asking?

These pens were quite popular in Soviet Union, they were produced by Wing Sung from 1947 and imported from China in 1950s during the "Russian-Chinese friendship", as "Счастье-215" (Счастье is Russian word means Lucky). 幸福 - "Happiness", on sac guard: 中国 上海 - "China Shanghai", on the box 幸福 金筆 - "Happiness. Golden nib".

This particular pen was presented to my grandfather by Chinese colleague.

Such pens are still available in some antique shops and classified advertisment websites, e.g. Avito.

Here is another Lucky, "Deluxe version", if you like, a gift from a senior Chinese official, Deputy Secretary General of the State Council of China Yang Fangzhi (杨放之).

20200531_153319.thumb.jpg.0e7f8257e9745e70eb02047151f33cf8.jpg

20200531_155519.thumb.jpg.93698d1e0e5dec78f77d9ea1206e1859.jpg

Regards, Alexey

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, readytotalk said:

The Doctor pen "Type 32", from 1940s.

20190225_135716.thumb.jpg.b78ed206a867c8427f5c818e48491c0b.jpg

I have one of these pens that I bought a few years ago. A *very* comfortable pen to write with. The new ones have a clear barrel insert to check the ink level. I may be mistaken but I think the model I have is 28 or 28C.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

41 minutes ago, OCArt said:

I may be mistaken but I think the model I have is 28 or 28C.

I guess the pen you have is "Kin Sin type 28", which is very similar except the size - type 28 is bigger and was equipped with #6 12К gold nib (but I`ve seen these pens with Parker Duofold/Montblanc nibs, maybe they were a good "chassis" after wearing off original nibs).  

Regards, Alexey

Ah, you've jogged my memory and I found the pen. It's a Golden Star. Unmarked as to model but I think 28 maybe 28C, it has a steel number 6 sized nib.  Cost me about $5 a few years ago.  Nice writer that really fits my hand well.

7 hours ago, readytotalk said:

I guess the pen you have is "Kin Sin type 28", which is very similar except the size - type 28 is bigger and was equipped with #6 12К gold nib (but I`ve seen these pens with Parker Duofold/Montblanc nibs, maybe they were a good "chassis" after wearing off original nibs).  

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams