Japanese Stamp Stick

meetbistrian

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this (I mean topic or category).

I am looking for a japanese stick to apply it as stamp, any idea where I could fined something like this?

Bistrian

mightandwit.co Luxury leather pen cases and notebook covers for pen lovers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meetbistrian

• inkypete

• flyingfox

• Paul-in-SF

Do you mean the little cylindrical name stamps they use for documents? Those are called Hanko, and you can buy some kinds of them online, e.g. Amazon US has some. It is possible to get them made for non-Japanese names, but I think only in Japan, and it is hard to get anything mailed out of Japan right now.

Depends on what type of hanko, or a chop you are looking for...

The ones I use the most are:

fpn_1589651526__f95eb2bf-fcbd-496b-a823-

Both are pre-inked, so I do not have to bother with stamp pad. The red one is from Daiso, a Japanese 100 store chain, but I think its discontinued.

Blue one is from this store. They make THE coolest hanko EVER!!! Rather pricey, but they last a long time, so totally worth every yen. I had this made like 5 years ago, and still has a crisp image. Some cheap vending machine hanko run out of ink so fast, or the images get rubbed off so quickly.

https://www.ito51.com/

If you are looking for something like these, many sellers on Etsy make custom designed ones for a reasonable price.

fpn_1589651837__10f8bbc6-3776-45c0-95f8-

fpn_1589651797__28548f26-f171-4ba8-b698-

The white one says intoxicated by ink.

But- considering that many Etsy sellers are located in China and it could take a long time to get them shipped, you can always are the matter in your hands for the time being. Carve one out of an eraser! I cannot get this picture to show up right, but hopefully you get the idea.

fpn_1589652187__107ba0a2-1cf1-4347-a2e4-

Edited by flyingfox

Aye, those are the ones, thank you!

I'll have a look on etsy

Bistrian

I have a few I bought hand engraved at markets in Singapore. They are also known as Chinese Chops or Chinese Seals.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Some of the cheap "Chinese Calligraphy" sets sometimes found in the craft section of bookstores -- and maybe even in an arts&crafts store -- include blanks similar to those in the second and third photo above, meant to be carved by the end-user (along with having a small porcelain pot of the red "ink").

{Odd... I was sure I had more than one such set; but among three brush sets and four lesson sets, only one has the chop}

fpn_1589671344__chinese_calligraphy_set.fpn_1589671382__chinese_calligraphy_chop

Addendum: Oh -- while searching I also discovered an unlogged cartridge calligraphy fountain pen with three nib units...

Edited by BaronWulfraed

Many of my Hanko stamps I had made in Japan were made by Xstamper. Excellent quality.

I've had Xstamper make one for me here in the States. While the US site doesn't sell "Hanko" stamps, their Inspection Stamps are the same thing.

Thanks for the tip on Xstamper. I just ordered one for myself.

I love that one saying intoxicated by ink, think you could have it stamped and send me a picture or a scan?

Thank you!

Depends on what type of hanko, or a chop you are looking for...

The ones I use the most are:

fpn_1589651526__f95eb2bf-fcbd-496b-a823-

Both are pre-inked, so I do not have to bother with stamp pad. The red one is from Daiso, a Japanese 100 store chain, but I think its discontinued.

Blue one is from this store. They make THE coolest hanko EVER!!! Rather pricey, but they last a long time, so totally worth every yen. I had this made like 5 years ago, and still has a crisp image. Some cheap vending machine hanko run out of ink so fast, or the images get rubbed off so quickly.

https://www.ito51.com/

If you are looking for something like these, many sellers on Etsy make custom designed ones for a reasonable price.

fpn_1589651837__10f8bbc6-3776-45c0-95f8-

fpn_1589651797__28548f26-f171-4ba8-b698-

The white one says intoxicated by ink.

But- considering that many Etsy sellers are located in China and it could take a long time to get them shipped, you can always are the matter in your hands for the time being. Carve one out of an eraser! I cannot get this picture to show up right, but hopefully you get the idea.

fpn_1589652187__107ba0a2-1cf1-4347-a2e4-

Bistrian

I love that one saying intoxicated by ink, think you could have it stamped and send me a picture or a scan?

Thank you!

fpn_1589732076__7ddc5de5-0121-48c9-b62b-

Here you go! Hopefully the image is clear enough. I usually use it as a wax seal stamp.

酔 = intoxicated, drunk

墨 = ink

Plenty of online places that can engrave these. One tip - if you do buy one try and avoid the ones with heavily carved ends (tops) as I have a couple and find them more difficulty to use as pushing them from the top hurts my hand. Go for a plain top.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I am trying to find a seller on etsy, seems a bit though

Bistrian

I was once in the rubber stamp business, designing and vulcanizing a line of kite-themed stamps. You can create a small design that any stamp shop can make for you in any of the conventional styles of stamp systems, pre-inked, self-inked, or that use a conventional inked pad.

However, as others have noted, the best custom-made, custom-designed,and highly personalized stamps are hand-carved using Staedtler eraser blocks and s good stamp pad.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

• 9 months later...

There are a lot of different online platforms from where you can order this design. I work in the financial sector. I advise people on how to solve their insolvency problems. So, I have to work with stamps every day. I had a lot of cases when I lost the stamp that I need to apply on contracts, etc. I can advise you to order stamps from MyStampReady. You can create there the design and the template you need in just a minute. They deliver the stamp very fast. I think that this is the best service for creating a stamp.

Edited by LaddleR

Odd that you'd find this thread compelling as an insolvency solver.

There will be one or two rubber stamp companies in every city. Try them first. They could use the business. 

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.