Noodler's Blue Nose Bear

yazeh

My General of the Armies is another disappointing one, it behaves just like my 54th and they keep each other good company in the drawer of shame. Its colour was also a source of additional disappointment. I got it because it was supposed to go down on the green side, and show the blue side when exposed to water. Well it turned out to be just a teal, well balanced between green and blue... duh. HOWEVER! I discovered that if you leave it alone for a while the blue settles down to the bottom of the bottle and the rest writes a lot more green! Not sure it's a redeeming feature or even a feature at all but...

That said, some of my noodlers inks are amazingly well behaved and i love them. (like midway.... oooohhh midway blue....)

Yep, non-bulletproof inks aren't as bad. American Aristocracy, while fast dry (which is a misnomer, it's fast-absorb) doesnt feather like crazy, just a bit, and the standard inks are just enjoyable to use, maybe a little slow to dry but I don't really care about dry time.

Overall I feel a bit burned- and bummed-out with Noodler's... I also have a sample of Bad Blue Heron which is a beautiful dusty blue color and behaves amazingly, very little feathering and spread... I'd love a full bottle of the stuff but not sure how to get it...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• Eclipse157

• amberleadavis

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My General of the Armies is another disappointing one, it behaves just like my 54th and they keep each other good company in the drawer of shame. Its colour was also a source of additional disappointment. I got it because it was supposed to go down on the green side, and show the blue side when exposed to water. Well it turned out to be just a teal, well balanced between green and blue... duh. HOWEVER! I discovered that if you leave it alone for a while the blue settles down to the bottom of the bottle and the rest writes a lot more green! Not sure it's a redeeming feature or even a feature at all but...

Yep, non-bulletproof inks aren't as bad. American Aristocracy, while fast dry (which is a misnomer, it's fast-absorb) doesnt feather like crazy, just a bit, and the standard inks are just enjoyable to use, maybe a little slow to dry but I don't really care about dry time.

Overall I feel a bit burned- and bummed-out with Noodler's... I also have a sample of Bad Blue Heron which is a beautiful dusty blue color and behaves amazingly, very little feathering and spread... I'd love a full bottle of the stuff but not sure how to get it...

I have american aristocracy too. But i havnt used it in a while. I should do that. i THINK mine behaves well... can't remember

Bad Blue Heron i have a bottle of. My notes on it say that i have had some feathering, but it's not terrible and there is no spread. some bleed, especially with wet nibs (dipped 6mm parallels) even on rhodia... I really like the colour. The only REAL problem i've found is if left in a twsbi eco for a LONG time, like MONTHS, and not used enough, it started to dry out, hard start and needed to be washed out. Likely because it's user would leave the cap off for long periods of time... (but i can't prove that) But that was only the one time. if used regularly, my bottle at least, is pretty good.

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Well that's not so bad, my give BBH a second thought... for now I'm going to get a bottle of North African Violet tho... I'll keep ya'll appraised :)

I have to say that I too found the older bullet proof inks to be finicky. The latest non-feathers that NT sold at the Commonwealth pen show, are wonderful.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have to say that I too found the older bullet proof inks to be finicky. The latest non-feathers that NT sold at the Commonwealth pen show, are wonderful.

Can you name them? Like the X-feather Green?

Can you name them? Like the X-feather Green?

Uh, I now the Blue is Churchill. Now I will have to figure out which is which. I don't know if you can even get them.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Uh, I now the Blue is Churchill. Now I will have to figure out which is which. I don't know if you can even get them.

Ok. I got it. Like they searing Mao Xi you reviewed recently ;)

I personally have discovered that if I like an ink, I'll use despite it's shortcomings..... :)

A Noodler's Creaper and a Hero 1303, both on HP ColorChoice 100gsm. The Creaper is wetter than the Hero but the point is roughly the same size, more or less a fine. The ink sinks immediately into the paper and readily widens the line, bleeding through to the other side with the creaper. They both write like a medium. Haven't tried on Rhodia yet, but on Tomoe the behaviour is flawless of course and the shading actually great, shame we can't have Tomoe everywhere...

I have to say, after leaving 54th in the Creaper for several days, it's behaving quite well.....Still very wet but it rights fine flexed or not :)

I have to say, after leaving 54th in the Creaper for several days, it's behaving quite well.....Still very wet but it rights fine flexed or not :)

Oh? Concentrating it makes it work better? Who'd have thunk! :lol: I must give it a try

Oh? Concentrating it makes it work better? Who'd have thunk! :lol: I must give it a try

I've noticed that with many wet inks. I just forget them in the pen and then they write better.

I tried it on cheap Amazon copy paper and they write fine. Obviously I can't use my fude nib. It's just too wet. But I changed it to a medium and it's a joy to write with.

I had the same experience with Blue Nose Bear. When I filled my pen it was just too wet and feathered all over the place, after a few days it was a delight to right with....

It's always the shock of first time using and ink and then getting to know it ;)

My Creapers are all too wet to try, might put a few drops in a standard short cart and let it sit a couple days...

Churchill was named Anti-Fascist Blue the first time it came out iirc.

I believe you are correct.