• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see past multiple attempts to resize in FPN Uploads, but never get beyond this issue to find the required resize.

Christof's photos worth the boards space ;-) mine just show lots of colors in boring rows. (grin).

No clue how I did this... reduced using Paint to postage stamp size, iPhone photos still in far too large KB's, but somehow copy/paste worked.

Photo leaves out Charcoal, Petrol.

fpn_1511742407__fpn_1511640855__img_1326

Edited by pen2paper

Great. You have a nice collection there.

I use Flickr for hosting my pics. It's much easier for me just to link in the pictures here and on other boards. Flickr is kind of a community as well, great pics and people there...

C.

Posing a question from another recent FPN thread...

Christof, if you could select an LE Safari color, what would it be?

Elsewhere regarding 2018 LE, someone mentioned textured light griso gray, with blue clip. That would be unique in the line-up.

Viewing the Lamy production line video again tonight got me thinking... Lamy does commercial runs with logos, 200 minimum per run as I recall - once there was an Apple logo on a Safari.

It's been awhile since there was an official FPN pen. What would the Safari LE aficionado's think of commissioning a special FPN Safari?

With Admin's approval of course. There's certainly enough of us here to fill the order, with a nod to FPN in the price of course.

fpn_1511827404__fullsizerender_1.jpg

Edited by pen2paper

oops very sorry, Huge double post (embarrassed, but trying).

still too big for More Reply Options, maybe an iPhone issue, but was able to copy the BB code on Uploads at top.

hope no one still has dial-up, they'll crash for sure.

BTW, the most mileage on any of these pens is the early red/black clip, in steady use since the year it was released - still looks great.

Next, simply because it's always a super-smooth & reliable 1.1, is the blue with chrome clip - my daily carry for everything.

Blue/red is my favorite color Safari.

Edited by pen2paper

Posing a question from another recent FPN thread...

Christof, if you could select an LE Safari color, what would it be?

I already answered there: the perfect color does already exist. It's Umbra/Charcoal. Honestly, I don't need a new Safari in an different color every year.

...but probably, I will buy the 2018 color as well.

C.

I already answered there: the perfect color does already exist. It's Umbra/Charcoal. Honestly, I don't need a new Safari in an different color every year.

...but probably, I will buy the 2018 color as well.

C.

I wasn't inquiring what we might consider our favorite, or wish-list of colors, but whether we might (with FPN approval) have Lamy manufacture a special order, similar to the now rare Apple logo Safari - a special pen community logo on an unused color/texture combination, the example I gave was textured gray with blue clip, with FPN 2018 logo or some-such.

• 3 weeks later...
Today, I have some informations concerning my current research about Pelikan 100N (nothing too spectacular just an addition).

In general, vintage Pelikans are well documented on the internet. There are several sites, listing all models, variants and provide informations about dating individual pens.

For example, it is documented that Pelikan did change the barrel design of model 100 between 1940 and 42 from a celluloid barrel with hard rubber section to a injection moulded one piece design.

So there are two different barrel types of Pelikan 100 existing:

39051643421_020dc1e373_h.jpg

It is also documented that Pelikan did change the desing of the barrel/section of the model 100N in 1949, but it is nowhere documeted that there was a step between:

1937-40* celluloid barrel and HR section with step

1940*-49 injection moulded one piece barrel with step

1949-54 injection moulded one piece barrel without step

(* approximative estimation in relation to the change in model 100)

So there are actually three different barrel types of Pelikan 100N:

39051643191_94500229d9_h.jpg

Of course I know, that this is no big step in sience, but still, a small piece of mosaic of documentation. I will ask Dominic Rothemel to ad this to his timeline of Pelikan 100N:

Let's see what's next.

C.

Edited by christof

An intricate mosaic looks odd even with a tiny missing piece so every small bit has a purpose.

Keep up the good work and happy holidays.

Of course I know, that this is no big step in sience, but still, a small piece of mosaic of documentation.

Merry christmas and happy holidays Christof. Thank you for filling the year with your informative, eye-opening, and always visually stunning posts.

D.

Today, I have some informations concerning my current research about Pelikan 100N (nothing too spectacular just an addition).

In general, vintage Pelikans are well documented on the internet. There are several sites, listing all models, variants and provide informations about dating individual pens.

For example, it is documented that Pelikan did change the barrel design of model 100 between 1940 and 42 from a celluloid barrel with hard rubber section to a injection moulded one piece design.

So there are two different barrel types of Pelikan 100 existing:

It is also documented that Pelikan did change the desing of the barrel/section of the model 100N in 1949, but it is nowhere documeted that there was a step between:

1937-40* celluloid barrel and HR section with step

1940*-49 injection moulded one piece barrel with step

1949-54 injection moulded one piece barrel without step

(* approximative estimation in relation to the change in model 100)

So there are actually three different barrel types of Pelikan 100N:

Of course I know, that this is no big step in sience, but still, a small piece of mosaic of documentation. I will ask Dominic Rothemel to ad this to his timeline of Pelikan 100N:

Let's see what's next.

C.

Christof!

Nice update & bit if history getting revealed.

Merry Christmas! Happy holidays!

Regards,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.