What's Up At Christof's

christof

Wow--that's exactly what I meant: Italian, German, US, and more, all with a very similar look.

Thanks for the pointer.

-Otter1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vik

That's the dilemma. If all members thinks alike, it happens what happened...
No one can hope for interesting contributions if he is not willing to invest himself.
I think that I have invested much in the past years. But since nothing is contributed by other members anymore, I can no longer see any meaning in it.
It's the members who makes the board...
BTW:
Thanks for your pictures. These are fantastic pens. You had quite a good year I'd say. The Soennecken is great. What is special about the capband? I have not seen this before...
C.

It is a big dilemma and one that I don't know how to handle any differently. Suppy and demand laws are too sound.
@Soennecken - I have no clue about the cap bands. I, too, would love to find out...
Here is a special one that I got - looks less than stellar with the horrible staining. I had given up hope after the first day of trying all sort of soaking treatments.
But there is always a new day. Here is the rest of the story. :)
http://i.imgur.com/KISjB1G.jpg

...That striped pattern was used by several makers at that time (I have an Osmia)....

Does your Osmia look anything like mine? The cap and barrel are different, but the expert tells me it is correct.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/18657-Tell-us-about-your-most-exciting-pen-in-2016?p=193094&viewfull=1#post193094

Fred

Does your Osmia look anything like mine? The cap and barrel are different, but the expert tells me it is correct.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/18657-Tell-us-about-your-most-exciting-pen-in-2016?p=193094&viewfull=1#post193094

Fred

Hi Fred,

Mine has the diamond pattern on cap and body, but I am no expert on Osmias--I just liked this one and picked it up at one of the Boston shows from Gary Lehrer (www.gopens.com).

-Otter1

fpn_1484579969__osmiarlo.jpg

Hi Fred,

Mine has the diamond pattern on cap and body, but I am no expert on Osmias--I just liked this one and picked it up at one of the Boston shows from Gary Lehrer (www.gopens.com).

-Otter1

Quite a nice pen Randy!

Congrats.

C.

Edited by christof

Busy times here at Christof's. A friend of mine is dissolving his pen collection and I will help him to restore and sell the one and other pen as good as I can.

I have all hands full of work with examining, restoring and photographing pens..... but love this job!

So in the next couple of weeks, some very uncommon pens will be for sale here on FPN. Don’t miss my offers and check the classifieds. Here comes in advance some examples of three of his very nice and ucommon pens:

32170596131_4094f24f4d_o.jpg

31932241790_f3412612c8_o.jpg

32206627621_be3896b589_o.jpg

Will let you know then. Let's see what's next.

C.

Beautiful pens Christof--sounds like you are having a good time. I'll have to watch the classifieds.

Yeah, the Osmia is a pretty one and semiflex as well--it is one of those pens that rarely leaves my desk, let alone the house, :-)

-Otter1

Today, I worked on two very cool and early Lamys of the collection of my friend. The piston mechanics of both is somewhat complicated to dismantle, but with a special tool I made it worked quite well. Both got a new cork seal and are now like new:

An early Artus Special:

32466167815_32d938c589_o.jpg

And a transitional pen when naming changed from Artus to Lamy. The body still is marked Artus but the nib an clip are marked with Lamy:

32314708482_e5b4abecf8_o.jpg

Both have great flexible nibs and the same piston mechanics as the early Lamy 27.

...soon at the classifieds.

C.

Edited by christof

Here comes the promised picture of the Monte Rosa pen. It's probably made around 1940:

31434920303_682ae52632_o.jpg

C.

Thanks for the larger photos. They remind me of a Artus FP for sale a few months ago they had the same pattern/color.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Thanks for the larger photos. They remind me of a Artus FP for sale a few months ago they had the same pattern/color.

Oh really? Now this would be interesting to see here...

Where has it sold?

C.

Just a quick picture from my newest...

32538336615_9926b2572d_o.jpg

Got this nice MB 126G from a friend in a change trade. Although I don't collect MB I have to admit that this pen has charimsa. I really like the clear shape and the simplicity of the design. And I love the plain black HR and the clever push-knob system. Maybe this on will stay for a while..?

C.

[img=https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/601/32538336615_9926b2572d_o.jpg

Got this nice MB 126G from a friend in a change trade. Although I don't collect MB I have to admit that this pen has charimsa. I really like the clear shape and the simplicity of the design. And I love the plain black HR and the clever push-knob system. Maybe this on will stay for a while..?

C.

Hello Christof! Greetings!

Nice nib point. Hope to see some written samples. Looks to be a stub nib from the given angle.

What was the pen you traded for?

Regards,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.

C.

Hello Christof! Greetings!

Nice nib point. Hope to see some written samples. Looks to be a stub nib from the given angle.

What was the pen you traded for?

Regards,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.

C.

Magnificent! Congratulations!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Very nice--it is funny what makes a pen attractive for each of us.

I've always admired the clips of the Montblancs from that era, perhaps because they are so distinctive.

The snake clip on the Matadors is what originally attracted me to them as well.

Guess I'm a clip guy :-)

-Otter1