Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you dear Christof!

Your pictures and pens are always an inspiration to all of us!

Feliz Natal!

Best regards
Vasco

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/Vasco_Correia_Pisco/INGENIVM-PC/Avatar/simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

I finally found a new pen on a christmas fleamarket.

It's a 1930's OSMIA 226, push knob filler in green/bronze celluloid:

23713473602_778e93d7b4_k.jpg

23453927559_ace5e9c358_k.jpg

The cool thing about this pen ist the size:

23822399175_d1cade13d5_k.jpg

It's nearly the size of a Duofold Senior.

There is a custom imprint on the pen of which I'd like to know what company this is:

23454468969_9397d35754_n.jpg

Has anybody seen this logo before? Is this a company?

Your help will be appreciated.

C.

Hi Cristof,

I fully agree the early UHU piston mechanism is rather complex.

UHU most probably wanted to avoid any infringements with the Pelikan patents.

So they avoided using Pelikan's differential piston movement - fine pitch threading in the filling knob creating fast displacement of the piston in combination with large pitch threads on the piston spindle.

At that time most filling systems also used a loose "screw-on"blind cap, and i expect UHU also wanted a solution featuring a fixed blind cap.

This - most probably- brought them to this complex design.

On their later piston fillers - like the Elite you have - the system was simplified although the basic principle remained.

FYI, the pen of top on my picture is not a UHU, sorry for the confusion I've caused ….

Francis

Sorry for the late intrusion. I saw this thread just today, 20 December 2015. The topmost pen in the stack of UHUs looks like a De La Rue

Hi Cristof,

I fully agree the early UHU piston mechanism is rather complex.

UHU most probably wanted to avoid any infringements with the Pelikan patents.

So they avoided using Pelikan's differential piston movement - fine pitch threading in the filling knob creating fast displacement of the piston in combination with large pitch threads on the piston spindle.

At that time most filling systems also used a loose "screw-on"blind cap, and i expect UHU also wanted a solution featuring a fixed blind cap.

This - most probably- brought them to this complex design.

On their later piston fillers - like the Elite you have - the system was simplified although the basic principle remained.

FYI, the pen of top on my picture is not a UHU, sorry for the confusion I've caused ….

Francis

Sorry for this late intrusion as I saw this interesting thread on 20 December 2015. The attractive pen on top appears to be a De La Rue plunger filler.

Kaushla

Edited by kaushla

Well done Christoph !

UHU made excellent pens, surely comparable in quality with Montblanc, Soennecken and Pelikan

The system on the early- larger- UHU piston fillers featured also a filling knob engagement system but was much more complicated.

See the attached sketch of a pen with a broken barrel I've repaired.

I've also attached a picture of my UHU pens

Best regards, Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Repaired%20Vintage%20fountain%20pens/P1000467.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Repaired%20Vintage%20fountain%20pens/P1000469.jpg

That's really fascinating! I never knew that UHU made fountain pens, but I do love their glues :)

Broke

Finally, I was able to acquire an original Lamy Safari box in Savanna Green!

These boxes came in only two colors, the very first colors from 1980: Savanna Green and Terra Red.

23819010956_286fde706f_b.jpg

Some of you know maybe, that I am a big fan of the Safari, and I always wanted a box like this for my collection.

23216970424_04d2ea7d8f_b.jpg

23549386530_659507edc2_b.jpg

Finally...

C.

Edited by christof

• 2 weeks later...

23456035034_214d3c4cd5_b.jpg

Just got my copy of "Deutsche Werbegeschichte, am Beispiel Günther Wagner - Pelikan - "

by Heinz Rings.

The title means: " History of German Advertising by the example of Günther Wagner - Pelikan -"

The book is full of pictures, photographies and reprints of Pelikan Ephemera. It's written in German ans English. Just fantastic!

23976144462_5f98ea16a3_b.jpg

C.

Edited by christof

Just got my copy of "Deutsche Werbegeschichte, am Beispiel Günther Wagner - Pelikan - "

by Heinz Rings.

C ...

I just checked Amazon USA and DE. The book isn't listed. I saw your nice comments on Penexchange. I also searched ebay.DE but couldn't find it .

I am undoubtedly having trouble as I stumble through with my German. Any thoughs on where to order?

Frohes Neues Jahr!

Dick

23456035034_214d3c4cd5_b.jpg

by Heinz Rings.

The title means: " History of German Advertising by the example of Günther Wagner - Pelikan -"

The book is full of pictures, photographies and reprints of Pelikan Ephemera. It's written in German ans English. Just fantastic!

23976144462_5f98ea16a3_b.jpg

C.

Everytime I see Wagner I think of the composer... Nice book!

Broke

• 2 weeks later...

On Fountainpenboard.com is a nice yearly thread where members show their finds of the last year. I like the idea that's why I show my (humble) finds here as well.

Pens of 2015:

23682354934_46dc8bc756_b.jpg

#1 Waterman's 0852V
Actually, I don't collect Waterman's pens, but this is the tentht of a mini collection of different 52V. That's wha I had to habe this.

#2 Parker "51" DJ Yellowstone and Empire cap
I already had the empire cap on a user grade Black pen. When I was able to buy a Yellowstone pen with user grade cap, the marriage was made.

#3 Parker "51" DJ Cordovan
Cordovan was the last missing color of a mini collection of DJ in every color.

#4 Parker 61 Carribean Green (?) de Luxe cap
I have a weak spot for 61 and when I see a cheap one, I can not withstand...

#5 Parker 61 Legacy (?) cap
... also when I see an nice example like this.

#6 Pelikan 101 Lizard pattern
It was anlong wait for this pen. After 3 years of acrive search, I finally got this in a change trade. The condition could not be better!

#7 Pelikan 101 Toroise
One of the very rare accidentally finds this year!

#8 Pelikan 400 Light Tortoise
Got this from a very generous person and pen friend in a change trade.

#9 Pelikan 400 Demonstrator
This was the last missing variant of Pelikan 400 in my collection.

#10 Lamy Persona
Actually, this pen is to new, but I find Lamys concept of pens designed by famous designers interesting. Mario Bellino of course is a genius. The pen is definitely not.

#11Montblanc Turbo
Interesting 1980's design...

#12 Pilot capless faceted
I like the style of these, and I like to write with. For me, it's a pen to use (not that there would be a lack of pens to use here, haha!)

C.

Edited by christof

Looks like 2015 was a good year for you. Wishing 2016 is even better.

On Fountainpenboard.com is a nice yearly thread where members show their finds of the last year. I like the idea that's why I show my (humble) finds here as well.

Pens of 2015:

23682354934_46dc8bc756_b.jpg

C.

My newest is a Lamy again. Not a common one at all...

24393310336_9bbff1d2c7_b.jpg

It's an original Lamy 99 Demonstrator in its original box!

24051726609_a7cb7b35e3_b.jpg

24337065411_975439d0f5_b.jpg

24051722419_cc425a4207_b.jpg

I was told that this is quite rare (to use this word). Together with this, there are two uncommon 99 in the collection.

16666757706_8514b7a8dd_b.jpg

C.

Edited by christof

Pens of 2015:23682354934_46dc8bc756_b.jpg

#1 Waterman's 0852V

Actually, I don't collect Waterman's pens, but this is the tentht of a mini collection of different 52V. That's wha I had to habe this.

#2 Parker "51" DJ Yellowstone and Empire cap

I already had the empire cap on a user grade Black pen. When I was able to buy a Yellowstone pen with user grade cap, the marriage was made.

#3 Parker "51" DJ Cordovan

Cordovan was the last missing color of a mini collection of DJ in every color.

#4 Parker 61 Carribean Green (?) de Luxe cap

I have a weak spot for 61 and when I see a cheap one, I can not withstand...

#5 Parker 61 Legacy (?) cap

... also when I see an nice example like this.

#6 Pelikan 101 Lizard pattern

It was anlong wait for this pen. After 3 years of acrive search, I finally got this in a change trade. The condition could not be better!

#7 Pelikan 101 Toroise

One of the very rare accidentally finds this year!

#8 Pelikan 400 Light Tortoise

Got this from a very generous person and pen friend in a change trade.

#9 Pelikan 400 Demonstrator

This was the last missing variant of Pelikan 400 in my collection.

#10 Lamy Persona

Actually, this pen is to new, but I find Lamys concept of pens designed by famous designers interesting. Mario Bellino of course is a genius. The pen is definitely not.

#11Montblanc Turbo

Interesting 1980's design...

#12 Pilot capless faceted

I like the style of these, and I like to write with. For me, it's a pen to use (not that there would be a lack of pens to use here, haha!)

C.

Christopher,

Would you be prepared to do a review of the MB Turbo?

I rather admire the design, but don't know enough about these pens to take a chance on eBay...

Many thanks.

Yes of course. Here are some additional pictures:

17166333981_441acb882f_b.jpg

16546773573_f5ca6e987d_b.jpg

16546773893_7d2f8e7695_b.jpg

These have been manufactured between 1979 and 1984. The nib is the same as in the slim line. There is no designer known. The Turbo is a sturdy cartridge Filler of comfortable size. You can't go wrong with it. Hope this helps.

BTW: I have two of them. Send me a PM, just in case....

C.