What's Up At Christof's

christof

Two years ago, I illustrated the "evolution of Pelikan 100" for FountainPenBoard.
Seems that this is of interest for some of you here too:

Recently. I posted Pictures of a 1929 Pelikan here. There can be found lots of interesting informations about Pelikan 100 on the Internet. Most of the history is documented and well pictured. But I never found a complete cataloge of the different types of Pelikan 100 made during 1929-44. I thought it would be an interesting addition to the already existing informations and I did choose this board because I feel that here the detailed facts an informations are most appreciated.

Pelikan 1929

cap: hardrubber, no cap bandscap

top: hardrubber cylindrical shape, old logo

Barrel: one pice Bakelite Barrel with Celluloid binde

Piston: hardrubber mechanics and cork seal

nib: 14ct, heart hole

8651569650_b5b4c82fc9_k.jpg

Pelikan 100 1931

cap: hardrubber two cap bandscap

top: hardrubber cylindrical shape, old logo

Barrel: celluloid barrel with Celluloid binde and hard rubber section

nib: 14cthttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_173135.jpgPelikan 100 1933-37

cap: hardrubber, two cap bandscap

top: hardrubber conicall shape, old logo

nib: 14cthttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_280271.jpgPelikan 100 1938-40

cap: celluloid, two cap bandscap

top: celluloid, conical shape, new logo

Barrel: celluloid barrel with Celluloid binde and celuloid section

Piston: celluloid mechanics and cork seal

nib: 14cthttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_95154.jpgPelikan 100 1940-42

cap: celluloid, two cap bandscap

top: celluloid, conical shape, new logo

Barrel: injection molded one piece barrel with Celluloid binde

Piston: injection molded mechanics and synthetic seal

nib: 14cthttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_50350.jpgPelikan 100 1942-44

cap: celluloid, in most case knurled cap bands (this one is a bit special because there are no bands at all)

cap top: celluloid, conical shape, new logo

Barrel: injection molded one piece barrel with Celluloid binde

Piston: injection molded mechanics and synthetic seal, smooth filling knob

nib: Pd, or CN nibhttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_132444.jpgPelikan Limited edition "Originals of their time" 1998

cap: celluloid, old logo, two cap bandscap

top: celluloid conicall shape

Piston: mixed hardrubber and plastic mechanics with synthetical seal

nib: 18cthttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_158882.jpgPiston Mechanicshttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_15142.jpgdifferent Logos on cap top, the old, the new and he new oldhttp://fountainpenboard.com/forum/uploads/1366541049/gallery_19668_246_77509.jpg

Edited by christof

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! I like to see all those pistons. I just hope you can get them back together—in the appropriate pens—of course!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Your collection and your ability to catalogue it so beautifully through photography humbles me Christof. :notworthy1:

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

... "I thought it would be an interesting addition to the already existing informations and I did choose this board because I feel that here the detailed facts an informations are most appreciated."

Well my friend you are certainly correct; here the detailed facts and information are definitely appreciated, But of course your knowledge combined with your fantastic photography together make it no less than a sumptuous feast for us. In ways you makes me hungry for some of these pens for my own, but then, seeing them displayed and described in such exquisite detail is also very satisfying. It is a strange dichotomy.

so, thanks so much for sharing here.

l

You're welcome.

...ironically, the sentence you quote I wrote at FountainPenBoard and not FPN. But actually, I had to find out that there's not much interest for European pens there.

But then, since Dominics "timeline for Pelikan 100" on his site, my "evolution of Pelikan 100" is old hat, isn't it?

I'm sure you all know it already but here's the link: https://www.rothemel.de/en/Pelikan/Models/index.html

C.

Edited by christof

You're welcome.

...ironically, the sentence you quote I wrote at FountainPenBoard and not FPN. But actually, I had to find out that there's not much interest for European pens there.

But then, since Dominics "timeline for Pelikan 100" on his site, my "evolution of Pelikan 100" is old hat, isn't it?

I'm sure you all know it already but here's the link: https://www.rothemel.de/en/Pelikan/Models/index.html

C.

I wasn't aware of that website, either. Lots of interesting information. Thanks.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Now, something completely different: Some days ago, I posted some pictures of my Lamy Vista project pen on German penexchange.de. People there liked it so much that I decided to show the pics here as well.

18876924762_65b1d8224b_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

I always liked the Safaris with matte surface better that the smooth ones and I don't like clear or demonstrator pens in general. That's why I decided to customize a Lamy Vista. Just for fun and just to see if I can.

Here's the result:

18883901845_80fd4db2e9_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

18261490853_fed1cb6004_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

18694424448_ee33bf5d11_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

Right, the pen did take a bath at the sand blast machine. I also changed som parts as clip screw, clip, nib and inner cap.

Now, I like the Vista too. I'll call it Lamy Safari Vista "Frost"

C.

Edited by christof

IIRC did you post photos of Omsia FPs? Sorry, I can't seem to find the exact page for them Thanks.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Can't remember myself. May be at classifieds?

why do you ask?

c.

Out of curiosity as I wonder if this FP came in other colors. I really like colorful FPs but Italian celluloids are out of my budget :o

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

That Lamy Safari Vista "Frost" is quite nice! Good work.

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Christof, now that's one of a kind Lamy! Wonderful~~

I just thought of a job; do the sandblasting on a 149 demonstrator, that would be interesting! :-)

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Christof, now that's one of a kind Lamy! Wonderful~~

I just thought of a job; do the sandblasting on a 149 demonstrator, that would be interesting! :-)

Now this is a cool idea. Please show us pictures when done :)

...and note that sandblasting a plastic pen is delicate. Maybe you need some spares until the result is fine. Sorry, I forgot that MB's are made of precious resin, not plastic....

c.

Now, something completely different: Some days ago, I posted some pictures of my Lamy Vista project pen on German penexchange.de. People there liked it so much that I decided to show the pics here as well.

18876924762_65b1d8224b_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

I always liked the Safaris with matte surface better that the smooth ones and I don't like clear or demonstrator pens in general. That's why I decided to customize a Lamy Vista. Just for fun and just to see if I can.

Here's the result:

18883901845_80fd4db2e9_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

18261490853_fed1cb6004_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

18694424448_ee33bf5d11_z.jpgLamy Safari (Vista) von -c_m_z-

Right, the pen did take a bath at the sand blast machine. I also changed som parts as clip screw, clip, nib and inner cap.

Now, I like the Vista too. I'll call it Lamy Safari Vista "Frost"

C.

We've discussed before approaching Lamy for a FPN run. THIS should be IT. I get the gold nib, but where is the clip taken from?

Your posts are always a delight.

Especially as I noted just elsewhere, and here before, your sharing of European writing instruments, including the vintage models are invaluable lessons.

While talking about the Safari, I just got this nice sticker in my mailbox:

18950687355_54c526c567_k.jpg

18762338330_5b4fa8c7ee_k.jpg

The sticker was part of a advertising campaign. The owner of the sticker got a Lamy T-shirt for free, when the number of the back of his sticker was shown at the shop window of a pen shop...

18763851949_317c985cd3_k.jpg

...probably back in the 80's.

C.

Edited by christof