Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C.

I see a clip outside the box, otherwise I would be sure it is a MB # 12 !!

Or it is a Waterman 20 ?

I am sorry my friends but the sketch is just fictive. I was doodling a bit and thinking about the next christmas greetings when I discovered that a sketch of a cubic fountain pen might be fun....

That's when I got the idea of a fountain pen shaped shipping box.

But the shape of the box is inspired by a Duofold of course.

C.

Edited by christof

Hello, Christof.

I am looking forward to update on your collection :thumbup:

What's your Grail pen? As for Pelikans, you seems to have collected most of vintage pen :puddle:

Just out of curiosity.

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

Actually, I do not have something like a "grail pen". I am thinking about my pens as an entire collection. Honestly, I think that single pens are a little bit boring without a matching collection to compare. That's why I focus on only three vintage brands, although my interest in pens is wide.

These brands are Pelikan, Parker and Lamy. I am most interested in Pelikan 100 and 400 (a prewar and afterwar series), and from Parker I like Duofolds and "51" most. I too am interested in Lamy pens, from Lamy 27 to even modern pens, this because of my interest in vintage an modern industrial design.

But if your question was for what pens I am looking for in future, I only can say that I will catch what I can get. I really would like to ad another Pelikan 101 to my collection and I always wanted a bandless Duofold...and....and lots of other pens....

C.

Sorry if this is already discussed but I saw your photography setup and I am curious to know who makes your "photo tent". Was it home made or is there a manufacturer that sells them? I would really like to get a rigid one like that.

You are right. This has been discussed before. Have a look at here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/220855-whats-up-at-christofs/?p=2753958

The thing which looks like a tent is a Walimex Softbox. The box is home made by myself. It's quite easy to do...

C.

Keyless -- on Christof's advice, I built a foamboard box as well, and it's great, although I have had zero time to really get used to it. Mine is held together by velcro, so it can be disassembled (I don't havfe room in my Manhattan apartment for it to be out all the time); it has thin exterior wood strips for a bit of strength and protection, and the rear and front are tabbed, to fit into cut notches in the sides.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

No new pens currently...but plenty of time to sort out all the spare parts. Yesterday, the wheater was lovely and I took all the Pelikan stuff outside to the garden to get order in inventory.

16586334484_ef524930a5_o.jpg

Boring, I know. But let's see what's next!

C.

Because this pen got a lot of Attention here, I did some additional Pictures:

16622028005_423b1c97db_h.jpg

15999845294_13c03f0a75_b.jpg

16596062876_5f01b950f8_b.jpg

16434575100_f85acd4891_b.jpg

16595622686_d03b82f5f4_b.jpg

16414281747_6f9b0be97e_b.jpg

c.

stunning collection

stunning collection

Agreed!

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Finally, there has a new pen arrived here at Christof's. It's a Pelikan 400 demonstrator from 1950 in very clean condition. Here are the freshly shoot pictures:

17216469816_bc8f7c6205_o.jpg

A very knowledgeable collector friend told me that these pens were not meant to sell (and use), that's why they often come with a steel nib. I easily could change that but I prefer the state of originality.

17056201558_c94eff6f42_o.jpg

17056201338_a67bd99a05_o.jpg

17242233992_6b67859eac_o.jpg

16621520534_81dbee9bae_o.jpg

16621520444_9c986ae56f_o.jpg

Usually, I don't care much about demonstrators. (If you have opened and repaired more than 100 of these pens you don't need a demonstrator to know how it works...) But this pen is different because it's an important step, nearer to the (very unreasonable) goal of a complete Pelikan 400 collection. Now, all colors are there. But still, 3 variants are missing...

16631962723_f001c1444a_o.jpg

But let's see what's next...

C.

Edited by christof

Gorgeous pen(s) as always Christof. You're collection continues to astound.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Truly beautiful and enviable!

Congratulations.

[...]

Usually, I don't care much about demonstrators. (If you have opened and repaired more than 100 of these pens you don't need a demonstrator to know how it works...)

[...]

True, but I just can´t stop gazing into it.

Checked this thread for the first time in a while last night -- just wow. WOW.

Christof, your pens, photography, and drawings are amazing.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.