What's Up At Christof's

christof

139 - ✓

138 - ✓

136 - Yet to be acquired.

134 - Yet to be acquired.

132 - Yet to be acquired.

Three more pens to go, Christof. But since you already scored the two harder-to-acquire pens, the remaining three should be a breeze. Btw, is that a Steel nib or a Palladium nib?

Bob

This is a Steel nib. ....and thanks for reminding me that collecting pens is a never ending and costly activity. Thank you!!!

C.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christof, you're very welcome! Ha...

If it makes you feel any better, I just made my first purchase of the year-- and to think it's only two weeks into 2013...

Another 50 weeks to go, I can't imagine, nor do I want to. Ha...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Christof, you're very welcome! Ha...

If it makes you feel any better, I just made my first purchase of the year-- and to think it's only two weeks into 2013...

Another 50 weeks to go, I can't imagine, nor do I want to. Ha...

If you really want me feeling better, let me know how much you spent, haha!

139 - ✓

138 - ✓

136 - Yet to be acquired.

134 - Yet to be acquired.

132 - Yet to be acquired.

Three more pens to go, Christof. But since you already scored the two harder-to-acquire pens, the remaining three should be a breeze. Btw, is that a Steel nib or a Palladium nib?

Bob

This is a Steel nib. ....and thanks for reminding me that collecting pens is a never ending and costly activity. Thank you!!!

C.

Soot is correct. You should finish collecting the MB 130 series. The 138 is harder to find than the 139. Your 138 is stunning. The steel nibs are really under rated by most fountain pen people. Congrats Christof!!!

As usual great pen, great photos, great repair job (great Fountainbel!), and great friend! Quite an asset that friend, but where does he get all those wonderful pens?

Maybe collecting a lifetime? He started in early 70's when nobody was interested in fountain pens. He was working for a Swiss airline and went to Atlantas biggest flea market once at month. Now he's retired and has lots of time to think about what to do with all these pens, cameras, photographys etc...

Good for him, good for me as well :)

Edited by christof

Christof, congrats on your 1000th post! Let's celebrate by getting another pen~~ Haha~~~

PS* Which pen did you use to write the dialogue?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Looks like a Montblanc 149...

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Christof, congrats on your 1000th post! Let's celebrate by getting another pen~~ Haha~~~

Already done, haha...

PS* Which pen did you use to write the dialogue?

...a freshly restored Conklin Endura Symetrik in Gold and Bronze with a huge full flex nib! Just marvellous.

Pictures will follow soon.

PS: Darn! This is my 1001 th post...

Edited by christof

Already done, haha...

...a freshly restored Conklin Endura Symetrik in Gold and Bronze with a huge full flex nib! Just marvellous.

Pictures will follow soon.

Here comes the pics:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8375/8401999040_7b22312663_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8400909967_6bb546054a_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8401998424_103ff7b13a_c.jpg

With this pen in the pocket you will impress at the office in any case, it can't be overlooked, haha!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8332/8401997552_831ee54f79_c.jpg

Edited by christof

One of the little details I love about these Symetriks is the inlaid gold crescent just north of the clip - it is highlighted especially nicely with the gold and bronze pattern of your pen. Classic early 1930s styling.

Great pen Christof!!!

P.S., nice corduroy sports coat - I was wearing a similar jacket last Friday. :happyberet:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Here comes the pics:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8400909967_6bb546054a_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8401998424_103ff7b13a_c.jpg

*SWOON*

Look at what that nib does. *Fans face with hand*

VERY nice.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Thanks David.

...for architects, the whole week is casual friday you know.

+1

As an architect, I can relate to that..... ;)

Great thread, fabulous pens and pics, christof....keep 'em coming....

:thumbup:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Thanks David.

...for architects, the whole week is casual friday you know.

+1

As an architect, I can relate to that..... ;)

Great thread, fabulous pens and pics, christof....keep 'em coming....

:thumbup:

Many thanks to you Mr. Colleague, it's an honour to have you here.

Edited by christof