What's Up At Christof's

christof

That is a nice story and what a great pen! The pen is stunningly beautiful, especially this version with the short cap top. You did a great job restoring this one to its full glory.

Joris

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great pen! Congrats Christof on both the acquisition and the difficult restoration.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Great pen & restoration, grat pics as always! :thumbup:

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

Finally!

I have been waiting for you to show the vintage Lizard :-)

Congratulations on the find and the success in restoring it. Very well done!

Greetings,

Michael

Fabulous !!! :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

Christof, that's a great story with an excellent outcome! On the other hand, this short cap lizard 100 will be hard to beat! Congats!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Incredible!

That nib looks so sweet, too!

Oh, by the way (because we had talked about it)

If you want something similar, take a look here: ebay

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

Fantastic job! Amazing pen! Great find!

I wish I had those type of friends and flea markets here had once in a while some exciting pen! The only pen I ever found at a flea market that was worth taking home was a blue Esterbrook...

Your collection of Pelikan "100" class is amazing...maybe you should make out a calendar of your photos and sell it to us poor mortals...that would be a "hot" calendar...

Congrats!

" I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- Albert Einstein

Christof, that is a fantastic restoration. Incredible does not do justice to it.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

As always great photographs and an incredible job restoring a beautiful 101 Pelikan in Lizard. I love the short cap top models. My 101 Lizard is the short cap top model too. It is one of my favorite pens.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and the loyal following up of this thread. Thank you.

As already said, the Pelikan 101 lizard is hard to beat. Probably it's unbeatable.

But here comes another interesting Pelikan. It's a pen that I have been looking for since 3 years! It's not the first I did find, but it's the first which have been affordable to me. It's a Pelikan 400N from 1956 in the unusual color called Green on Green. The special thing about this pens can only be seen in good daylight. All the parts which commonly are black (cap, section and filling knob) are in a deep grayish Green. Hard to see but essential for the worth of these pens. To say it in other words: Only a stupid pen collector like me would pay a lot of money for such a pen, but I already had a 400 and a 400NN in the same color. That's why I had to have this one.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8260675827_9c83c3a104_c.jpg

Pelikan 400, 1950-1956

Pelikan 400N, 1956

Pelikan 400NN, 1956-1965

Boring, isn't it? Let's see what's next and have a nice week end.

Edited by christof

That is a very rare pen indeed, and really amazing pictures of it!

I remember reading about your pen-photography set up, that was quite a while ago and I think it was in another FPN thread. Could you guide me to that thread or eventually add here some info on how you manage to make these crystal clear pictures?

Boring? Hardly. Isn't this the fun of collecting?

It's probably as with my tortoise-brown 400NN: you probably need to compare it close to a green-and-black pen to see the difference. I did not even know this colour variation existed. This could offer a new perspective on Pelikans. smile.gif

Cheers,

Peter

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Christof, would it be possible to see a side by side photo of the 400s, both Green on Green and Green on Black? And then, if you want to throw in the tortoise versions, well, we wouldn't mind that, either.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Very nice set, congratulations!

The nice folks at Pelikan really need to do a Souverän in the green on green like these, and of course a silver trimmed green model too.