• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a picture which shows how the Punkt- or Wunderfüller works. I see some similarity to Matadors Turbo, and even a little bit better in my eyes...

33979706005_2d31b71247_o.jpg

C.

Edited by christof

Here's a picture which shows how the Punkt- or Wunderfüller works. I see some similarity to Matadors Turbo, and even a little bit better in my eyes...

33979706005_2d31b71247_o.jpg

C.

Christof!

Great detailing!

But, were the Goldfink pens with similar fulling systems a success, those days ?

As I understand, as simple the filling system is, the reliable are the pens...what do you think?

So many small details, nodes in these pens though...

Best,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.

Well, to my eyes, the Wunderfüller looks very well made and reliable. The filling system is elegant and very easy to handle.

C.

PS: in case of this Goldfink, nothing is small!

Edited by christof

I do not know how useful this is, here and now, but talking to Stefan Wallraffen in Köln about Goldfink, he told me 75 % of Goldfink pens were manufactured by MELBI (I was surprised because he did not mention it when I interviewed him for The Pennant some years ago, maybe he found out recently). It is well known that Goldfink did not manufacture their own pens but used Fend, Columbus and other manufacturers...

I got this pen by a lucky coincidence.

(If I would have been looking for one, I never would have found one. They are incredibly rare...)

33861750465_6a3a74cddf_o.jpg

It's a Goldfink Wunderfüller from about 1938 in the largest available size ever!

32903515691_c8395f7d20_o.jpg

Greg Minuskin did a great job by rebuilding the nib. But there are still other jobs that need to be done...

33017990754_2fbe5fa0d2_o.jpg[/url]

As already said, the pen is of impressive size. Here a comparison with a big red:

33705708222_77cca2f55e_o.jpg

I already did invest a lot of time and $ in this pen but I tink it's worth the effort.

C.

Great find, Christof. I think the clip may be correct profile but it unusual not to be imprinted with Goldfink. The original manufacturer (probably Melbi in this case) may have left it blank to be imprinted later but this one got through without finishing.

...got mail:

33063768764_60aeb4caf3_o.jpg

C.

Christof! Congratulations on your newly acquired Lamy Safari in Petrol (as I suppose).

Regards,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.

Christof!

What happened to the nib ?

Any pre- nib repair pictures ?

Best,

Arvind.

Edited by drrusso

Best regards,

Arvind.

Goldfink and Astoria used the same principle but reversed:

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q732/Kawuska/GoldAst_zpsmqey1lth.jpg

I do not know how useful this is, here and now, but talking to Stefan Wallraffen in Köln about Goldfink, he told me 75 % of Goldfink pens were manufactured by MELBI (I was surprised because he did not mention it when I interviewed him for The Pennant some years ago, maybe he found out recently). It is well known that Goldfink did not manufacture their own pens but used Fend, Columbus and other manufacturers...

Great find, Christof. I think the clip may be correct profile but it unusual not to be imprinted with Goldfink. The original manufacturer (probably Melbi in this case) may have left it blank to be imprinted later but this one got through without finishing.

Thank you Kawuska, Ariel and Baroz. These are very useful comments.

C.

Edited by christof

...don't know WHAT happened. Just know THAT something happened to the nib:32257466523_2234bc6311_h.jpg

c.

Oh God!

That's almost salvaged nib!

It's great that the nib has been given a second life.

Christof!

I can seen the flexibility of this nib. Good that you preferred restoring the same nib & not replacing the same.

Best,

Arvind.

Best regards,

Arvind.

...don't know WHAT happened. Just know THAT something happened to the nib:

32257466523_2234bc6311_h.jpg

c.

Looks like it just came out of the factory "brand used". I wonder how does it write?? Must be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnntastic. I hope you can repair the nib, though.

Edited by AL01

Christof,

Nothing like the beautifully photographed and dissected Goldfink that you have shown us, but just for general interest at the Goldfink user level/pen promo gift level:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/dick168/Goldfink.Berlin_zpsldimbcdp.jpghttp://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/dick168/Goldfink.Berlin_zpsldimbcdp.jpg

This was probably an employee recognition from the US Sector in the 50's before the Wall went up.

The map in the background is of the Russian Zone and from about the same time. The map was sponsored by Goldring.