What's Up At Christof's

christof

may be you remember this sketch?

25185924584_78a561763b_o.jpg

Since then, I was working on my Duofold collection. I learned that it is harder to find different streamlined models than flat tops and I decided to change my project. I really like this advert/leaflet:

26444614013_f00cf6dcbc_o.jpg

I am tempted to reconstruct this nice drawing as a photograph with real pens.

And this is how it looks for the moment:

26773904780_ddeb7c9d5d_h.jpg

But I think it could be difficult to find the correct pencils as well...

Not sure what to do at the moment. Let's see waht's next.

C.

Edited by christof

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Soot

• BMG

• markiv

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Herr Christof , Sie sind der Zauberer von Zürich!

Hello Christof!

Just now came across this thread. A great one. lots of useful information & very well executed pictures.

Great job going out there. Congrats.

Best regards,

Arvind.

Thank you Dick, thank you Doc.

Guess what?

...Right, got some Duofolds!

My newest is a Jade Duofold in Special size. I really like this size. For me it's more handsome than the Seniors. The discoloration of this example is not too bad and the imprint is crisp as can be seen here:

26509106163_c5b8b3f977_h.jpg

Now I have three of them: Mandarin, Chinese Red and Jade. Just made another group shot:

26856863330_865b9d8240_h.jpg

The blue one is no Duofold. It's a German Fabula Duroll. Funny name, isn't it? But exactly the same size as the Special. Even some parts like cap top and section are interchangeable. Strange.

C.

Edited by christof

Christof!

The Duroll has a nice blue shade, is it know as lapis ... ?

The parker 105 looks great, with a special finish on it.

Best regards,

Arvind.

The way this leaflet has aged is very beautiful.

I ll be glad to learn german (hope so) to go through this :)

Best regards,

Arvind.

Christof,

You could make a collection of bicsticks look wonderful with your photographic skills!

Dick

...You could make a collection of bicsticks ...

Pretty cool idea Dick.

Really! I always had a weak spot for these:

4-farb-druckkugelschreiber-bic-4-colours

and my dad always used to have some of these in his desk drawer:

http://www.tigerpens.co.uk/prodzoomimg12937.jpg

Blue, Black and Red. I did lots of drawings with these as a child...

...and of course you know this ad, right?

http://images.nzz.ch/eos/v2/image/view/600/-/text/inset/3f52fb98/1.7575984/1284622355/ruedi-kuelling-bic-kugelschreiber-original.jpg

BIC is cool! I will think about your proposal.

C.

Edited by christof

Just a side note:

I currently have three pens for sale at the classifieds which are a bit unusual for my common classifieds. These pens are not mine. They belong to a friend who is currently in financial problems. I'm trying to help, also with the sale of some of his pens. But I feel that these pens don't get much attention. Maybe it's because of the current circumstances at the classifieds (no, I will not call any names here) or it's just because the prices are too high. I don't know, but if it's the second, please don't hesitate to ask for a discount. I will talk to my friend. Promised. I think he can't afford to refuse any offers. Here's the link:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/40098-1-sheaffer-and-2-parkers/

C.

I like group shots as you know. Here is my newest try. A selection of modern Parkers with funny nibs:

27184637650_ab4b99f336_o.jpg

Parker 180, 1977-85
Parker 50 Falcon, 1978-82
Parker T1, 1970
Parker 105, 1979-82
I really like it (the picture).
C.
PS: Sorry Dick, the BIC picture has to wait a bit.
Edited by christof

These pens look like they'd go well with a Tom Collins or a Gimlet.

post-88993-0-47453500-1465329093.jpg

Sort of 1950s, dawn of the jet age kind of stuff, when the space race was about to begin ...

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

These pens look like they'd go well with a Tom Collins or a Gimlet.

attachicon.gif220px-Gimlet_cocktail.jpg

Sort of 1950s, dawn of the jet age kind of stuff, when the space race was about to begin ...

Haha, absolutely right. It's looks like the style of an age. That's why I think they even look better as a group pictures.

...although I prefer bourbon on the rocks.

C.

I've never seen the falcon before, I agree that t bespeaks an age and style.

Through the venues I'm told that bourbon and perhaps American bourbon (?) in particular has become a fashionable drink.