donnweinberg

You appear to have enough posts on record to be able to do photos (I seem to recall one needs about 10 posts before they can upload images).

Presuming you are using a full-up computer, and not some tablet/phone...

• At the top of the screen/page is a tab marked "Upload" -- click it (for me, it opens a new tab in Firefox)
  • Click on the [browse] button to permit locating the desired image file on your computer (since you already have a set of images available at URLs, you might be able to enter the URL in the text box and upload from the web host)
  • Click [Add Image] to upload to FPN
  • After upload, you should have an information screen with three URL formats -- I typically use the top one (Direct). Select the text string and copy it.
  • Go back to the browser tab with your message (I've assumed you did the upload in the middle of making a post).
  • Select the image icon (monitor screen) on the formatting bar
  • paste the string into the box
  • That should do it...

To reuse an image you already have uploaded, locate the image in the list from the upload tab, and click the icon of a page with a green up-arrow. That will display the three URL formats for that image again.

Thank you! Also, here is an explanation with pictures:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/blog/2/entry-22-the-images-upload-tab-what-is-it-how-to-use-it/

OOPS, looks like you already figured it out. I went back and corrected the first post, but didn't see your subsequent post. Oh well, the pens are pretty enough to look at more than once. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• donnweinberg

• SLinkster

• Carguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I currently only have one True Writer - the Silver Anniversary. It's a lovely writer and doesn't get the attention it truly deserves - at least over the last year or so. It was acquired in the early stages of my pendom - February/March 2013. As a birthday gift. At $99.00 it was my most expensive pen at the time. It is still one of my two heaviest at 30 grams. After a while I determined that 30 grams is a hard line in terms of pens I like. Funny how that happens.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

I have one too, with a custom ground nib. It is one of my best writers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Don,

That is a gorgeous collection and the most complete one I've ever seen. Congratulations.

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

I currently only have one True Writer - the Silver Anniversary. It's a lovely writer and doesn't get the attention it truly deserves - at least over the last year or so. It was acquired in the early stages of my pendom - February/March 2013. As a birthday gift. At $99.00 it was my most expensive pen at the time. It is still one of my two heaviest at 30 grams. After a while I determined that 30 grams is a hard line in terms of pens I like. Funny how that happens.

Hi Running Ute,

I just bought the 20th Anniversary edition; they have it on sale for $75. I hope it doesn't weigh any more than yours; because I prefer lighter pens myself, but this was a perfect storm... beautiful pen... great price... and I was in the mood to buy something new. I think it's been 6 or 7 months since I bought a new pen. :o

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hi Don,

That is a gorgeous collection and the most complete one I've ever seen. Congratulations.

Thank you, Sean.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing collection!! :D

I can imagine how you have been living to get this lot into this shape. Lot of work , patience passion and diappointments and frustrations etc.

This is absolutely a beautiful journey. Congrats !! :thumbup:

Nice. I had no idea that some of these colors have been produced. My personal favorite is the Seaglass.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

You can also send an existing nib off to someone to have it ground to your specifications. I had two broad True Writer nibs ground to butterline stubs by Pendleton Brown with wonderful results.

Thank you for this reminder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Your collection is truly amazing!  You have inspired me.  I have one TW I recently acquired from Paul's Pens.  Love the broad nib.  Now I think I will try to find the Sea Glass.  After living in Hawaii at one point I am fascinated with various shades of blue that remind me of my favorite beaches there.

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Do all TW take a #6 nib?

Thanks much.

Regards,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Mike.  Thanks so much.  All TW take a smaller nib than the # 6, perhaps a #4 or #5.  Check the one you have and see what size it is.  Try to match that.

What a collection!

I just bought my first, the Pinkly demonstrator. Love the looks of it and the nib has a nice soft bounce to it, but even the F is slightly to wide and wet for me. Deciding whether to have the nib tuned, swap the pen, or sell the pen.

• 5 months later...

What a great collection! I also have a Pinkly, though I only bought it to get the included bottle of Pinkly! I did try it out and it was a nice writer; a somewhat larger pen than I'm used to, however.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 1 year later...

Since my last posting of photos of True Writers I’ve obtained, I’ve gotten several more.  I’ll post photos with names very soon.

11 hours ago, donnweinberg said:

Since my last posting of photos of True Writers I’ve obtained, I’ve gotten several more.  I’ll post photos with names very soon.

Look forward to seeing them.

16 hours ago, donnweinberg said:

We are waiting for the eye-candies.

I have several True Writer fountain pens, but not nearly as many as the OP. I recently bought the Americana. I expected it to really catch the light. Only the blue parts did. It’s the first True Writer I found underwhelming. I’ve returned it. Now the new Carrara has caught my eye. I’m going to play the waiting game for the price to go down, or the pen to be on sale. Levenger changes the versions often, so it’s worth waiting to get a better price. Right now they have a 31% off that works on True Writers with the code Haunted

Posted Image

It’ll probably be about 10 days before I post new photos, as my daughter and grand-daughter are visiting now.  Levenger’s newer True-Writer offerings have tended to be slight variations on older themes, and some are better-looking than others.  Once I amassed a big collection of them, it has been “difficult” not to buy the newer versions, even when I don’t love them.  One trend is that there hardly are any new True Writers in fountain pen mode; they mostly come out only in roller-ball and ballpoint versions.  I find RBs annoying, as they run out of ink too quickly, so I get the BPs when there is no FP option.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:39 AM, Misfit said:

I have several True Writer fountain pens, but not nearly as many as the OP. I recently bought the Americana. I expected it to really catch the light. Only the blue parts did. It’s the first True Writer I found underwhelming. I’ve returned it. Now the new Carrara has caught my eye. I’m going to play the waiting game for the price to go down, or the pen to be on sale. Levenger changes the versions often, so it’s worth waiting to get a better price. Right now they have a 31% off that works on True Writers with the code Haunted

I will preface what I say with the fact that I am a huge Levenger fan, and have been for many years. I have purchased 3-4 of these pens in the past year and find them VERY underwhelming. They aren’t as vibrant as they appear in the catalog and they have no heft - too light. The nibs feel cheap and scratchy. The only True Writer nib I have been impressed with is their stub. Other than that, I can’t say these really make me want more.