What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

I've been meaning to try Aurora carts in my Parkers, so I ordered a couple of boxes. Popped a black one into one of my 45s this morning, and it's working like a charm. I need to give it a day or two, in case any ink bleeds out through the feed or section. But it seems great so far.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No reason it should not work. When I bought an Aurora pen at the Atlanta pen show a couple of years ago (at the Aurora table) and it didn't have a converter, I was told to wander around and find a Parker converter, which worked just fine.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

No reason it should not work. When I bought an Aurora pen at the Atlanta pen show a couple of years ago (at the Aurora table) and it didn't have a converter, I was told to wander around and find a Parker converter, which worked just fine.

So far working great. I have already written several pages with it.

This is my new collection I picked up this week. First vintage Parker's very pleased.

4 Duofolds, 45 ct and a 17

Parker.jpg

Pen4.jpg

I was drooling over your new acquisitions when you posted them in that other thread! Well done. Insta-Parker-collection.

Most of us have to buy ours one at a time. :lol:

It was shear luck NumberSix, I thought I was buying around 8 pens from a very nice person having a clear out. It turned out to be 36 pens! ranging from Parkers, Conway Stewart, Swan, Mabi Todd, Watermans, Reliance, Osmiroid and Platignum. Most are in need of repair so I will sell these as well as the Parker 45 and 17 but I am keeping the Duofolds.

I was drooling over your new acquisitions when you posted them in that other thread! Well done. Insta-Parker-collection.

Most of us have to buy ours one at a time. :lol:

A bunch a 19 Parker 51s. Three vacumatics and the rest aerometrics. Two vacumatics are without caps. But I already have some vacumatic caps in my part boxes.

Busy week aheady cleaning and restoring the pens.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

A bunch a 19 Parker 51s. Three vacumatics and the rest aerometrics. Two vacumatics are without caps. But I already have some vacumatic caps in my part boxes.

Sounds like fun! Do you have any pictures?

Man I sure wish I could find a score like this. I’m lucky but not THIS lucky.

Nice haul Mitto! Will you adopt me so I can be in your will?

Beechwood, not sure what Duofold this is as its rather short and stubby compared with picture of yours

Can anyone confirm what Duofold this is?

20200528_203941.jpg

20200528_204046.jpg

I think this is a Parker Duofold Vest Pocket from c1930. I can just make out on the barrel Geo S Parker but not much else its such a shame the cap is in such poor condition. The nib and barrel on the other hand are great.

Happy to be corrected

Parker 17 "Lady" ( B)

I ordered this one almost a month ago from the UK, and it finally arrived (through no fault of the ebay seller). It is tiny! Shown here alongside a 45 and a Jotter for comparison.

I inked it up with Quink Blue, and the tiny Broad nib lays down a thick line. It is the darkest Washable Quink Blue I have ever had from a pen. I almost wondered if there was perhaps some old ink in there, though the pen and sac were spotless. I think it's just paintbrushing ink.

Small, but it's bigger around than a Jotter BP, and posted it's just fine to use. I doubt it would ever become a daily driver, but it works well enough that it could. I suspect, given the name, that it was designed to be carried in a purse. And it would be perfect for that use.

150115000_img-0520.jpg 150114999_img-0521.jpg

Edited by NumberSix

Received two Vectors today:

• Black plastic made in France - ordered with ESSRI
  • Burgundy Plastic made in USA - NOS from eBay (late 90s?)

These pens are slim, but they're a great length posted. My only issue is that they have the same weird too-smooth-in-a-bad-way feel that my Parker 15 does. No issues with ink flow or anything, but they feel a little weird when writing.

Parker 17 "Lady" ( B)

I ordered this one almost a month ago from the UK, and it finally arrived (through no fault of the ebay seller). It is tiny! Shown here alongside a 45 and a Jotter for comparison.

I inked it up with Quink Blue, and the tiny Broad nib lays down a thick line. It is the darkest Washable Quink Blue I have ever had from a pen. I almost wondered if there was perhaps some old ink in there, though the pen and sac were spotless. I think it's just paintbrushing ink.

Small, but it's bigger around than a Jotter BP, and posted it's just fine to use. I doubt it would ever become a daily driver, but it works well enough that it could. I suspect, given the name, that it was designed to be carried in a purse. And it would be perfect for that use.

150115000_img-0520.jpg 150114999_img-0521.jpg

I’ve been meaning to try a 17 on for size, I just haven’t gotten around to buying one or finding one I like.

I just received delivery from the U.K. of a 24K custom gold-plated Parker Frontier FP that I purchased on Ebay. It comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the plater-seller and really looks great. Here are four photos I just took:

fpn_1590874815__frontier_gp_-_01.jpeg

fpn_1590874844__frontier_gp_-_02.jpeg

fpn_1590874875__frontier_gp_-_03.jpeg

fpn_1590874902__frontier_gp_-_04.jpeg

A 1987 Parker Duofold International blue marble.

I bought the pen cheap as the section and barrel metal connector was stuck inside the barrel. And, hence, the antique shop owner wanted to get rid of it.

I was able to remove/unscrew the metal connector from the barrel with use of mild dry heat and then threading it back to the section using shellac. The pen is in mint condition with box and paperwork.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

I finally was able to catch a Parker 105 Flighter:

49967716156_917de1f625_o.jpg

I already had the gold version with bark-pattern:

26638895713_291f5928c7_o.jpg

Now I would be interested to see a picture of a sterling silver version with bark pattern. Does anyone have one?

C.