What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

37 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Wow!  The nib on that Silver Pearl Major looks pretty sweet.  Nothing that exotic on any of my Vacs....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I lucked into two of them, one stiff and the other slightly flexible.

Here's the flexible one, which I fitted myself to an Emerald Pearl Junior

IMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.c502eafbf737e66dbb5d1c65461c1dc5.jpeg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

latest parker pens for me is a parker 20 eyedropper without a cap, parker vacumatic without a cap and a complete vacumatic. Feed in one of the pens has a "T" mark. 

large.IMG_20211107_193441.jpg.2b2432f4822fdbb56b54e7af90d29e2f.jpg

large.IMG_20211107_193818.jpg.9216aaa65da05155367e5d52e81eef1a.jpg

large.IMG_20211107_193739.jpg.52de0fce745e737613097ecb05a5454a.jpg

Small eyedropper is only slightly longer than the vacumatic's cap.

large.IMG_20211107_194244.jpg.fb719e1f562015556fa511d70aac0a86.jpg

large.IMG_20211107_194352.jpg.373a97d79db0f2f7fd0e06de9c951cdc.jpg

I'm hoping to find parts to complete the two parts pens at some point in time :(

Two fun sets this week.

A mint unused early Silver Vacumatic Set with an Owners name. The clarity on a silver vac doesn’t get much better. I haven’t researched the name, Michael Volchko, but he must have received it, as he wrote his signature on the warranty. Imprint of 46 is a bit odd. Made in USA.

The second set is also a MIB German Knock-off of a silver Vacumatic. A piston filler with a cork seal. It is not as nice as the Italian Vacumatics, but it is nice set to compare against the originals.

I admire the workmanship on the Kulloch 51s, and I've met him and he's a nice guy.  But no, I'm a purist.  One of the things I really like about the vintage 51s is that they are streamlined and understated, and his (particularly the caps) are just too gaudy for my taste.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, Sean1957 said:

Just received this Ariel Kullock 51. I love Ariel Kullock pens. I know they are not for the purists. 

F6F0389D-B328-4D24-9774-6AB8A9747F95.jpeg

E3E6C712-EB3F-4687-BB3B-F37FBAE60758.jpeg

While I have enough original 51’s to qualify as a purist, I also like Kullock designs and have several. There is another maker of “fantasy” 51’s but I could never afford his stuff.

2 hours ago, Sean1957 said:

Just received this Ariel Kullock 51. I love Ariel Kullock pens. I know they are not for the purists. 

Not a fan of this variations on a theme, if you know what I mean.!! 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

On 11/9/2021 at 3:49 PM, Sean1957 said:

While I'm not a fan of fancy customised 51s, I should sincerely admit that this pen looks very nice :) 

What is the material of its cap and barrel? I don't think it is Lucite... though I might be wrong...

All the best is only beginning now...

40 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

While I'm not a fan of fancy customised 51s, I should sincerely admit that this pen looks very nice :) 

What is the material of its cap and barrel? I don't think it is Lucite... though I might be wrong...

I think it is vintage Lucite. I seem to remember that Ariel has a stock of vintage from when the Parker plant closed down there.

17 minutes ago, Carguy said:

I think it is vintage Lucite. I seem to remember that Ariel has a stock of vintage from when the Parker plant closed down there.

Thank you. Great to know...

A new addition: Parker Sonnet Flighter GT (2000 or 2001), NOS. 

I have never been impressed by Sonnets, but I really like this version . 

Sonnet-Flighter-GT-2001.jpg

These Parkers turned up in the wild recently. Nothing too exciting apart from the super clean Maxima Vacumatic. The small green marble pen next to the Forest Green 51 is a Webster, which I believe was made by Parker. I don't really collect Parkers, but I can't pass them up when I find them cheap.

thumbnail-41.jpg

4 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

These Parkers turned up in the wild recently. Nothing too exciting apart from the super clean Maxima Vacumatic. The small green marble pen next to the Forest Green 51 is a Webster, which I believe was made by Parker. I don't really collect Parkers, but I can't pass them up when I find them cheap.

thumbnail-41.jpg

Nice catch!

Of the Golden Era, my Sheaffers number the most, but I've always tried to have some examples of the best models from the major players. The weird thing with Parker is that while I've got pens from the 20s, I've never owned a Senior-size Duofold. This week fixed that.

I was looking at this set yesterday that had arrived in the mail the previous day, and so I took a quick pic and caught up on correspondence, having inked it with Quink washable blue (seemed obvious).

Already restored, this Parker Duofold Sr. set dates from ~1924, based both on the early imprint on the pen and the rare-ish "Big Bro" imprint on the pencil. I have every reason to believe these are truly a set, and the bonus is a stubby near-broad nib with smooth, perfect flow. I'm also really loving the pencil, the largest mech pencil I own and with a girth and weight that is very comfortable. It is maybe a bit odd that this is my first 'big' Duofold after more than 10 years into the hobby, and while it exhibits what I call a "reverse farmer tan" from exposure, I'm very comfortable with this one. It stays.

spacer.png

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

On 11/19/2021 at 3:09 PM, crescentfiller said:

thumbnail-41.jpg

Is that Parkette at the bottom of the photo really purple/purple leaning?  Because it's GORGEOUS (even if it isn't purple).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

56 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Is that Parkette at the bottom of the photo really purple/purple leaning?  Because it's GORGEOUS (even if it isn't purple).

Blame my phone-photo.

It's actually an electric blue. A Parkette Zephyr!

Thanks!  (Sorry, just seeing this thread again...).  

I have a red marble Parkette, retrofitted with the 14C music nib harvested off a no-name lever filler, and a black one hiding in an Esterbrook box (both of which found in places in NW Pennsylvania).  Now, apparently, I'm going Parkette hunting again.... :headsmack:

On 11/27/2021 at 9:58 PM, inkstainedruth said:

Thanks!  (Sorry, just seeing this thread again...).  

I have a red marble Parkette, retrofitted with the 14C music nib harvested off a no-name lever filler, and a black one hiding in an Esterbrook box (both of which found in places in NW Pennsylvania).  Now, apparently, I'm going Parkette hunting again.... :headsmack:

Ruth, PM me about Parkette.