What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

The 2002 Sonnet 'Accession' commissioned to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's golden jubilee.  Given the occasion, I thought it would have been issued with a solid golden nib, but no, it's GP steel.  A pretty pen, though, and I waited quite a while to snag one.  

Glenn.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of bottles of NOS Quink w/Solv-X arrived yesterday: Permanent Black and Permanent Blue-Black. (I am cheating and using the ebay pics because way better than I could do.)

The black is stamped Made in England and has a very current-looking bottle. 1990s? When did the Solv-X marking end?

The blue-black is Made in USA and has a bottle and cap very like Superchrome. Could this bottle date as far back as the 1950s?

Note that Quink was available by the gallon!

Think I will try first the Blue-Black in my green Aero 51.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0bb39ba4c15a3cda42e8e16d285a34c0.jpgs-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.2ce4ea35a877006e0ddfb240e0497a7c.jpgs-l1600-3.thumb.jpg.465ef9f287743211e0d992e08628bc78.jpg

4 hours ago, Yohaanrods said:

Picked this up last week. 

IMG_20210728_164527.jpg

88/Rialto?.. :) 

All the best is only beginning now...

1 hour ago, Yohaanrods said:

Rialto I think..... Not sure myself. How'd you tell the difference? 

Is it a Gold-Dust-Black finish? 

Please, post photos of the cap's and barrel's tops: are there golden spots there?

If you post a photo of the section detached from the barrel, so we can see a thread, it would help , too: if the thread is metal or plastic one?   

And finally,

photo of the nib, please, and  

is there a year code on the section ring? 

And is there a "Rialto" inscription on the ring? 

Then I should be able to tell for sure :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my most expensive pen so far, a Duofold Centennial from 1989, and eagerly awaiting its arrival.

If it writes as nicely as my Jinhao 100 Centennials I'll be well pleased!

On 8/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, Emver said:

Just bought my most expensive pen so far, a Duofold Centennial from 1989, and eagerly awaiting its arrival.

If it writes as nicely as my Jinhao 100 Centennials I'll be well pleased!

You should not be disappointed: using Duofold after Jinhao  should feel like starting driving MB after Hyundai ;) 

A couple of nice additions. Paid a full price for the 25 but the marbled green Centennial was a bit of a snip.

403-FP (1) - Copy.jpg

409-FP (1) - Copy.jpg

12 hours ago, Sheptonian said:

A couple of nice additions. Paid a full price for the 25 but the marbled green Centennial was a bit of a snip.

403-FP (1) - Copy.jpg

409-FP (1) - Copy.jpg

Nice additions :)

What is the section colour of the P25?

27 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

Nice additions :)

What is the section colour of the P25?

Thanks.

The P25 section is green:

403-FP (2).jpg

3 minutes ago, Sheptonian said:

Thanks.

The P25 section is green:

403-FP (2).jpg

That's great, rare model, congrats! :) 

54 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

That's great, rare model, congrats! :) 

Thank you. I was rather pleased to land it. A Mk II, I believe. No date code, so 1979. The finish still has that slightly rough feel of unused or little-used flighters.  I hadn't come across German instructions before, either.  

6 hours ago, Sheptonian said:

Thank you. I was rather pleased to land it. A Mk II, I believe. No date code, so 1979. The finish still has that slightly rough feel of unused or little-used flighters.  I hadn't come across German instructions before, either.  

Definitely great find :) 

On 8/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, TheRedBeard said:

You should not be disappointed: using Duofold after Jinhao  should feel like starting driving MB after Hyundai ;) 

Well the Centennial arrived 2 days ago and I'm delighted with it - it arrived with all the original packaging and paperwork from more than 30 years ago, and appears to have never been inked (until now!) And yes, it writes absolutely beautifully.  But so does the Jinhao 100.

I've been playing a game with friends who have called by, showing them my small collection of Duofold clones and asking them to pick out the one with a list price of around £500 compared to between £10 and £25 for the rest of them.  Most people do eventually pick out the Parker, usually because the nib and feed look a bit different.  Interestingly, when asked to choose the best writer, the most common choice is the cheapest one, the Kaigelu 316.  This could be because it writes marginally wetter than the others (they are all nicely wet). Or it could be that the slightly heavier weight of the Kaigeu gives it a perceived better build quality.  Nobody actually picked out a pen with better build quality than the rest, but a couple chose the Moonman M600S as being the nicest.

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

18 minutes ago, Emver said:

Well the Centennial arrived 2 days ago and I'm delighted with it - it arrived with all the original packaging and paperwork from more than 30 years ago, and appears to have never been inked (until now!) And yes, it writes absolutely beautifully.  But so does the Jinhao 100.

I've been playing a game with friends who have called by, showing them my small collection of Duofold clones and asking them to pick out the one with a list price of around £500 compared to between £10 and £25 for the rest of them.  Most people do eventually pick out the Parker, usually because the nib and feed look a bit different.  Interestingly, when asked to choose the best writer, the most common choice is the cheapest one, the Kaigelu 316.  This could be because it writes marginally wetter than the others (they are all nicely wet). Or it could be that the slightly heavier weight of the Kaigeu gives it a perceived better build quality.  Nobody actually picked out a pen with better build quality than the rest, but a couple chose the Moonman M600S as being the nicest.

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

I've played that game too, but with a different Parker pen. I handed a friend a '90s era Sonnet and also the following pens:  a Baoer 388, a Hero 704 and 5020 and a Wing Sung 2804. I uncapped them all, not to let the arrow clip spoil the fun and asked him to pick the best writer. He chose the Baoer, the cheapest pen in the line-up. 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

P45 Flighter GT (UK, 1991). 

I am not a fan of P45s, but just filling the gap in my Flighters sub-collection :) 

P45F-UK-1.jpg

40 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

P45 Flighter GT (UK, 1991). 

I am not a fan of P45s, but just filling the gap in my Flighters sub-collection :) 

P45F-UK-1.jpg

Not a bad looking FP. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

32 minutes ago, Estycollector said:

Not a bad looking FP. 

4 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

I have a matching BP with Ohto .5 mm 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"