What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

12 minutes ago, Carguy said:

I do indeed, but I fear the War Department’s reaction to that, she may very well object!

You may buy and present something to her, too :)

I do that myself from time to time ;)

All the best is only beginning now...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new arrival: P75 Insignia II with F nib, USA.

P75GP-Ins-IIa.jpg

23 hours ago, NumberSix said:

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I prefer the hoop fuller to the Aero push-filler. 

My three Parker 21s arrived. They look great, but so far I hate the nibs. Just too darn fine and scratchy (one of them is literally scratchy and probably needs nibwork). Probably doesn't help that I have been doing a lot of writing with big wet gold Targa and Vanishing Point nibs lately - not to mention the BB Lamy 2k I just received. 🤣

Wow... What paper are you using for those nibs?  I write too small for any Western nib over a medium.  Cursive As, Es, Ls, etc. all run together.  Plus, the paper at work is rubbish.

Ryan 

5 minutes ago, Man O War said:

Wow... What paper are you using for those nibs?  I write too small for any Western nib over a medium.  Cursive As, Es, Ls, etc. all run together.  Plus, the paper a work is rubbish.

Ryan 

Most of my fountain-penning is done on a big Rhodia pad or in my journal (currently TR paper). I did discover that the Broad nib on the Vanishing Point works great in my Leuchtturm bullet journal - with the Pilot Blue ink, anyway. 

As a rule, I prefer a wet western fine or a nice manageable medium (I have a fine Lamy 2k on order, as well as a fine Pelikan M800 - and my two main daily drivers at the moment are a P51 and a PFM - both fine nibs that love them some Aurora ink to make them a trifle smoother). The Pilot broad nib is good for me, as I expect would be a Sailor broad. Like you, they suit my writing better than big monster wet nibs. But they are fun sometimes, and the inks look amazing! (Ku-jaku in the L2K BB is glorious) 

I've reached the depressing conclusion that my new £18 Jinhao Century writes better than my £260 Duofold Centennial Big Red, even after being sent to Parker to examine the nib performance issues... 😭It must have a feed problem as it's a very dry writer and I regularly find myself having to push ink into the feed using the converter. So funny the Jinhao parts are completely interchangeable with Parkers (bar the converter as far as I can tell).

Jinhao.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Latest parker to join my collection is a second Parker 75 Vermeil:

P75 Vermeil1.jpg

P75 vermeil2.jpg

P75 Vermeil3.jpg

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

5 hours ago, northstar said:

Hello everyone,

Latest parker to join my collection is a second Parker 75 Vermeil:

P75 Vermeil1.jpg

P75 vermeil2.jpg

P75 Vermeil3.jpg

Looks great :)

I am still hunting for such one... 

3 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

Looks great :)

Thank you TheRedBread, hope you will find it soon.

P75 Vermeil.jpg

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

This arrived today

large.2061890231_ladyinsignia.jpg.7cd968ba1200ec8a9b6231ea021be8dc.jpg

and much to my surprise has the most delicious broad side of medium bouncy nib - I'm delighted!

13 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

This arrived today

large.2061890231_ladyinsignia.jpg.7cd968ba1200ec8a9b6231ea021be8dc.jpg

and much to my surprise has the most delicious broad side of medium bouncy nib - I'm delighted!

Nice one, too :)

But it seems to look a bit small... or I got it wrong, sorry :)

Acquired the new generation 51 in Burgundy and Deluxe in Plum.  Very nice!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On 3/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, Heinkle said:

I've reached the depressing conclusion that my new £18 Jinhao Century writes better than my £260 Duofold Centennial Big Red, even after being sent to Parker to examine the nib performance issues... 😭It must have a feed problem as it's a very dry writer and I regularly find myself having to push ink into the feed using the converter. So funny the Jinhao parts are completely interchangeable with Parkers (bar the converter as far as I can tell).

Jinhao.jpg

That’s pretty! I may have to try a Jinhao....

3 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

Nice one, too :)

But it seems to look a bit small... or I got it wrong, sorry :)

It is very small - only 11.5cm long - which I love. It's my second one of these and I have no doubt not the last!

25 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

It is very small - only 11.5cm long - which I love. It's my second one of these and I have no doubt not the last!

Oh, I see... :)

29 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I’ve had one of these that I bought thinking it was a 61 but the length stumped me and I traded it away.  Is this a Parker 17 or Parker Lady, or neither?

It's a Lady Insignia from 1967, sometimes also called a 17 Lady Duofold. They're the sweetest little pens, and tend to have really nice nibs - and they write beautifully. 

I like small pens, and can happily use this either posted or not. And in the interim since posting her picture, I've got a twin sister for her. Not identical - she will have a finer nib, but I'm sure they'll play nicely together :)

On 4/13/2021 at 6:10 AM, TheRedBeard said:

What exactly are you "hunting" for? There are a gazillion P75's on ebay.

alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Picked up this MK III (late 60's) Parker 51 in Rage Red (which I believe is the rarest colour?) from an auction the other day. I'm contemplating selling it, but I filled it up to test and it writes rather nicely so I'm not sure now. The nib writes a fine to medium line, I haven't opened it up to find out if there are any markings. But the nib and shell are slightly misaligned so I may do so at some point so I can realign them anyway. 

20210419-115207.jpg
20210419-115223.jpg

31 minutes ago, loganrah said:

Picked up this MK III (late 60's) Parker 51 in Rage Red (which I believe is the rarest colour?) from an auction the other day. I'm contemplating selling it, but I filled it up to test and it writes rather nicely so I'm not sure now. The nib writes a fine to medium line, I haven't opened it up to find out if there are any markings. But the nib and shell are slightly misaligned so I may do so at some point so I can realign them anyway. 

20210419-115207.jpg
20210419-115223.jpg

That’s a beautiful pen. I finally got one about 6 months ago. Now I wish I could find the same in Vista Blue!

11 hours ago, alexwi said:

What exactly are you "hunting" for? There are a gazillion P75's on ebay.

alex

There are many P75s there, but not many NOS Vermeil USA ones... ;)