What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally received a burgundy 45 Arrow GT from the UK - it's been about 6 weeks, through no fault of the ebay seller.

It's a lovely pen, but I prefer the metal caps of the regular 45s. I bought it because he advertised it as a gold nib, and I didn't have a F in gold. Now I wonder if it might be gold-plated, but my initial impression is it's a better writer than my two steel F nibs.

Get this: Dude shipped it with a half-used parker cartridge. It made it all the way across the pond and apparently all over America, and the only issue was a few drops of ink in the cap. Started right up like it had been sitting on my desk since yesterday. I was going to swap out the nib into one of my 45s, but I think I will write this cart dry first and see if the plastic cap format grows on me. In the hand, the two models feel quite similar in weight.

The last item outstanding from my April/May lockdown ebay insanity is a 25, coming from the UK.

I bought it 5 weeks ago. The guy wanted a lot of money to ship it tracked (relative to price of the pen), so I gambled and told him no. It may never arrive. Or one day it will just show up. :o

A “51” from the early 60’s.

Great looking pen! I have been considering trading my Dove Grey 51 Vac with gold cap for a black Aerometric. Anyone have a nice example let me know! I prefer an earlier Aero though. Must have relatively recent sac. :)

A 1945 Parker Long Junior, made in Canada, 2 ring cap, all gold nib.

Despite the name a Long Junior is directly comparable to a Long Major.

Edited by Beechwood

A Parker 51 with R.Silver cap.

Cap has few scratches but in a usable condition for day to day use. Unsure of its age :(

fpn_1593604335__img_20200611_123349.jpg

fpn_1593604434__img_20200611_123129.jpg

Edited by shalitha33

Another gray striped Vac standard with beautiful two tone nib. If it has the lockdown filler and is marked 44, would that be 4th quarter 1934? I dont think that they used this type filler in 1944.

Also a nice blue lapis Duofold junior with slight darkening as is common, but not too bad.

Also got the Pelikan 120 for my first vintage Pelikan.

25332CFC-0E07-4312-85C3-CF3803B97672.jpeg

04F70F36-2203-48D3-A900-DBE8A52093CB.jpeg

Despite having said to myself I was done with Parkers (so many other nice pens to try without spending money on more similar ones, nothing against Parker, although my Sonnet has been a rough ride), I seem to have had another three Vectors donated and likely a Reflex soon too, they're multiplying by themselves now 😂

No pix yet, but yesterday I found a Dusty Rose Laidtone Duovac in an antiques store that was having a holiday sale. Date code of 3rd quarter 1941. Guessing the nib is an F or EF. Store tag said it was a Senior, but I think it's more likely a Junior. Because I had the cash, I was able to get 20% off the ticket price (if I'd used a credit card it would have only been 15% off). Not a complete steal, like the black Duovac I got at an estate sale, but decent, especially with the sale price.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I started my little Parker family not that long ago with a Parker 51 Vacumatic in dove-grey with sterling silver cap from the 4th quarter of 1946 (which came to me from Italy).

Soon afterwards I was given a blue Parker 21 by a friend ("You like fountain pens, don´t you? I found something at the flea market...")

A fairly recent addition is the Parker Duovac Senior in green-gold from the 1st quarter of 1941 I got from Canada.

And last but not least there is the streamlined Parker Duofold Junior De Luxe in black and pearl from 1929 I happened to find in Berlin/Germany.

As the black and pearl Duofolds usually are hopelessly discoloured, I consider this perfectly preserved specimen a very special catch. It sported a very wrong no-name-nib but I managed to unearth a matching parker nib and now everybody is happy. This one is the oldest pen I own and holding 91 years of history in my hand is just... wow! And the pen is still looking as if it had left the factory just yesterday.

Parker 51.jpg

Parker 21.jpg

Parker Duovac.jpg

Parker Duofold.jpg

I started my little Parker family not that long ago with a Parker 51 Vacumatic in dove-grey with sterling silver cap from the 4th quarter of 1946 (which came to me from Italy).

Soon afterwards I was given a blue Parker 21 by a friend ("You like fountain pens, don´t you? I found something at the flea market...")

A fairly recent addition is the Parker Duovac Senior in green-gold from the 1st quarter of 1941 I got from Canada.

And last but not least there is the streamlined Parker Duofold Junior De Luxe in black and pearl from 1929 I happened to find in Berlin/Germany.

As the black and pearl Duofolds usually are hopelessly discoloured, I consider this perfectly preserved specimen a very special catch. It sported a very wrong no-name-nib but I managed to unearth a matching parker nib and now everybody is happy. This one is the oldest pen I own and holding 91 years of history in my hand is just... wow! And the pen is still looking as if it had left the factory just yesterday.

Very nice and thank you for posting. I also had a friend gift me a Parker 21. I cleaned it up and passed it on to a friend, but found a new old stock Deluxe later.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

The Parker 25 (F) blue - that I ordered from the UK on May 25 finally arrived!

I ordered it to replace a leaky P25 from a few months back. I put a slide converter on it and inked up with 4001 Royal Blue. So far so good. These little pens feel so solid (when they're not leaking LOL). I love the feel of the brushed metal and the slight sense of weight.

Just got my first 2 vintage pens. Forest green 51 aerometric and a navy grey (?) aerometric. One question I have about these two is one of them has a tougher to press filler sac, and the other is much softer. The one with the softer press sac doesn't seem to draw as much ink as the other, and were I not to have 2 of the pens to try, I would've never noticed this. Is this anything to be concerned about? Haven't inked up the grey yet but the forest green writes well, is R&K ink generally safe for vintage pens (with the exception of the iron galls)? I'm using alt-goldgrun right now

Edited by linkoiram

Just got my first 2 vintage pens. Forest green 51 aerometric and a navy grey (?) aerometric. One question I have about these two is one of them has a tougher to press filler sac, and the other is much softer. The one with the softer press sac doesn't seem to draw as much ink as the other, and were I not to have 2 of the pens to try, I would've never noticed this. Is this anything to be concerned about? Haven't inked up the grey yet but the forest green writes well, is R&K ink generally safe for vintage pens (with the exception of the iron galls)? I'm using alt-goldgrun right now

IMG_20200707_180518763_HDR.jpg

Edited by linkoiram

Lat week I added to my collection of advertising Jotters. The two Jotters [ NFL theme ] Dallas Cowboys [ 2 Jotters] . Now the two Green Bay Packers Jotters have someone to play with.

The goal is to have at least one NFL Jotter of each team [ pre- Seattle & Tampa Bay ] Some years back I bid on a lot [ most of the teams ] and lost out. I am on the hunt ever so slowly for the rest of the teams. I know they are out there somewhere.

I just recently obtained on Ebay a 1995 Parker Duofold Mandarin Yellow SE, to fill in a gap in my collection:

fpn_1594167816__duofold_mandarin_yellow_

fpn_1594167858__duofold_mandarin_yellow_

Some amazing pens!

Congratulations, all!

Just got my first 51 Vac.

fpn_1594167915__51vac_-_1.jpg

Also my first brown 51. Think I've snagged an OB nib?

Needs full overhaul, I think. But a nice, generous writer.

I'm very quickly being won over

My Aeromatics are trembling in the box, as I write.

Stay safe, all.

Best wishes, CS

Nice find. Especially with that nib.

While all in all I prefer the Aerometrics because odds are good that if you find one it will just need to be flushed out, I must say that if I have to do a LOT of writing at one go (such as for doing major research projects) the pen I reach for is the Cedar Blue 51 Vac with the nicely tuned EF nib.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I don't know the answer, and others have missed your question. You might try posting it in this thread about Parker 51s: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/223983-youve-got-your-first-found-in-the-wild-parker-51-in-your-hand-now-what/