What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

Nice pens! I almost bought those, but I want the other happy colors like pink and yellow first. I have orange and red but doubt I will ever find the other colors. Of course I did say that about the Pan Am 51 also….

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, donnweinberg said:

I just received from the Ebay Ariel Kullock "PenPartsStore" in Buenos Aires, Argentina this Parker 45 "Beta" set in a unique light blue (sky blue?) color:

830570829_LightBlueKullockP45-uncapped.jpeg.cb3152477d0dd7a8020d0f28bcec7518.jpeg394526046_LightBlueKullockP45-capped.jpeg.694ada0bfd0caa287d5680fb63975bcb.jpeg

The color under natural light, is more like the pens in the left-side photos (light blue, without green tinting).  Like the five Parker 45 Beta fountain pens often sold as a set (dark blue, medium blue, burgundy, pink, and white), this sixth color version in light blue doesn't seem to permit the unscrewing of the black feed/nib from the section.  Unlike the other Betas, the metal trim is shiny rather than brushed.  The fountain pen is C/C filling, and the ballpoint is push-activated (cap pushes down).  I have an extremely extensive Parker 45 collection, so this is an unexpected nice addition.  

The two Parker 45s I'm still missing and seeking are: (1) the magenta (or pink) fountain pen (one of the "Happy Colors" that is hard to find), and (2) the black circlet harlequin (I've got the grey circlet).

Really nice. 

Well, in spite of steeling myself up to not getting that Vector for at least a month?  It came... MONDAY!  Same mail as the Vanness order (which included a twist converter to install in it, plus an extra one just in case I have more pens than converters).  

Pen got flushed out and is now inked up with KWZI Cherry.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 2/1/2023 at 8:23 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

Just now, from browsing through an online shop, I found a Vacumatic double-jewel 51 in Nassau Green, at a price that didn't make me fall over. So I nabbed it. Photos when it arrives (the seller has already taken it down, which is fast work). 

Photo as promised. Sorry the color isn't represented accurately, the actual color is sort of a medium teal. 

1795633782_Parker51NassauGreen.thumb.jpg.4053c89ad7806b55ceb64e1a3820eb97.jpg

I just received a blue Slimfold, with a Medium nib.  I love these little pens, especially the arrow feathers, the chevrons in the ring, and the little nib.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:28 AM, Paul-in-SF said:

Photo as promised. Sorry the color isn't represented accurately, the actual color is sort of a medium teal. 

1795633782_Parker51NassauGreen.thumb.jpg.4053c89ad7806b55ceb64e1a3820eb97.jpg

Very nice. I do like a blue diamond clip.  🙂

On 2/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, shalitha33 said:

My first parker 65 

large.IMG_20230202_141430.jpg.e94e73ee8ebc4defe59ed4db0cc85c4d.jpg

large.IMG_20230202_143051.jpg.b60dbe21aa19cfbb457d3b4fec19d7b6.jpg

I like the P65's a lot. They're very pleasant to write, but will stain your fingers if the feed is not properly sealed against the section. I just got one and the usual stuff I use to seal those (the wax used to keep braces from hurting one's mouth) didn't work as it had with other 65's. After two failed attempts I ended up getting a small block of beeswax (I'm sure it will out-last me), which was readily available at the local health/natural store.

If you run into this issue and must take the pen apart, DO NOT do it before watching this video:

And talking about sections, yours is quite odd. If you search for images of the P65, you'll notice that the section is "pointy" at the tip (where it meets the nib), while yours isn't. Perhaps someone can chime in about that.

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

It had a pointy bit originally. Its actually nicely smoothed out so nearly impossible to see, but can see the difference in gloss when you look at it closely. I'm guessing one of its previous owners may have tried to unscrew it like a parker 45 , broken it and got a professional to clean it up

Just bought a Burgundy/Gold Parker 51 at auction - now the dreaded wait to get it delivered and check it’s in the condition advertised!

A Parker Duofold Junior that was made at Newhaven in the 1960s.

I think that its nib is ‘Medium’.

large.7CBC70C8-61BE-4947-9BB7-C74E66E95680.jpeg.bc9f557739bcd0ce29b0eb98f3a57855.jpeg

It is in ‘boring black’, and it has gold trim - which I do not personally like.

Why, then, have I bought it?

For its simple, wide-channelled, ebonite feed, and for its simple, long-lasting, ‘aerometric’ filling system.

Because I intend to dedicate this pen to use with ESSRI.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cat74 said:

Another Parker 45 has arrived! at fun colour for this one

16783397980179017445321098517974.jpg

Very nice bright color.😁

• 2 weeks later...

I recently acquired a chrome Flighter made in France with barrel tassies and a Titanium nib.  It's an interesting pen -- a slightly dry writer with a kind of 'scrubby' feedback, and wonderfully light in the hand.  A very different experience from my usual 1930's gold-nib vintage pens with their semi-flex action and warm casein or celluloid feel in the hand, or the satisfying weight and dash of my chrome Omas from the 70's. 

What I like the best about it is the sense of space-age styling.

parker flighter titanium.jpg

Is the nib marked Titanium?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

just opened the mail to find a Parker 51 in Midnight Blue - these blues are a killer  - it's like blue vs black socks - I need them to be next to each other to really tell them apart - or in a really bright room!!!

1950 2nd quarter - I thought the dots were on the bottom of the 2 digit date? mine are on the top

It also has the polished chrome-plated aluminum sac protector that screws onto the barrel with the press six times instructions

On 3/18/2023 at 9:47 PM, FlexibleFlyer said:

What I like the best about it is the sense of space-age styling.

What I like best about the Parker 75 is that its nib can be rotated to suit one’s own writing angle.

I bought one for nostalgic reasons, but expecting to not enjoy using the small, slim, lightweight pen.

To my amazement I found it to be incredibly comfortable to use; so much so that, within a month, I had bought another one.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

On 3/20/2023 at 4:26 PM, cat74 said:

just opened the mail to find a Parker 51 in Midnight Blue - these blues are a killer  - it's like blue vs black socks - I need them to be next to each other to really tell them apart - or in a really bright room!!!

1950 2nd quarter - I thought the dots were on the bottom of the 2 digit date? mine are on the top

It also has the polished chrome-plated aluminum sac protector that screws onto the barrel with the press six times instructions

Jealous. I keep trying to score a midnight blue and keep failing

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.