What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

18 minutes ago, camoandconcrete said:

This one I’m really, really happy I found. I picked up this Vacumatic Imperial from Fountain Pen Hospital’s Pen Expo yesterday. It has a really nice broad nib and is currently inked with Herbin’s bleu des profondeurs.

28C454DF-25D8-4FEB-94FE-31CFB3540D2D.jpeg

CDBE2B69-59BA-4919-A20B-D02B2EEF60B0.jpeg

Beautiful! That pen, or one like it, has been on my bucket list forever. One day I’ll find one I hope….

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday...

s-l1600 (1).jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Found this today at my local antique store. Just some brassing on the ball of the clip.

C87C7F68-3159-4EBB-9F74-72887BDA994F.jpeg

8 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

Avery good buy. The Colour is perfect. Which size is it?

Thanks, it’s the Duofold Senior size.

8 hours ago, shalitha33 said:

congrats :) that looks perfect :)

Thank you! 

Haven't bought any Parkers in ages but did pick up a NOS Falcon 50 Flighter right before New Year's and just got a "like new" 180 Flighter from ebay this weekend.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I received this Mk 1 Parker 61 today with a Heirloom cap and in what seems to me (only because it is much lighter than my aero burgundy/maroon P51) Rage Red (Is it really Rage Red?). I didn't really take a close look at the listing because, often, 'when you snooze you lose' with online sales local to here in Thailand, especially when the price is good (I ended up getting it for roughly $20 USD equivalent). Plus, my favorite Parker is the Mk 1 61. 

But, when it arrived, I quickly realized the cap is a later generation cap, shorter than an actual Mk 1 cap, which you can see in comparison with the black Mk 1 in the photo. It seems to fit well, though, but, unlike an actual Mk 1 61 cap, it covers the section ring. As you might expect, a Mk 1 body with a later generation cap is about midway between the length of an 'all' Mk 1 and an 'all' later generation 61.

The other anomaly is the nib, which seems to extend from the section much less than the ones on my other P61s. It's sort of a fine stub shape and it seems to write nicely with some subtle line variation and a distinctly softer feel than my other P61s. I first thought that the tip might be broken off but (1) there's a thin bit of tipping visible and (2) the angle of the sides of the two tines seems correct, i.e. the width of the nib seems to reduce towards the tip correctly (hopefully that makes sense). It does not look oblique.

Has anyone heard of or seen a nib like this? (Sorry, I am having trouble getting a decent picture of it with my macro lens.)

large.P5060172.JPG.15c458beb2ba332261c141bbe535d298.JPG

large.P5060170.jpg.c931333b8d999ac8339b42c7bb62a3be.jpg

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

I have a weakness for the occasional slim pen, so I couldn't resist...

large_p180.jpg.2f44ecf1ad2b7129d9e5acec02c72fbd.jpg

I just received not one but TWO stub nibs for a Parker 51. The first one I bought but I thought it was simply B, not a sharp stub. The other came in a junk pen and was completely unexpected. Slightly bent upwards but I like how it writes.

The stub B nib isn’t my thing. I’m just not qualified to use it correctly with how I write. It will have to go up for sale…..

Had two arrive yesterday-

One is a black Vac standard desk pen. I like desk pens but never seem to find them with the base, and this one didn't have one either(I'm bidding on one on Ebay now but I probably won't know until in hand if it's for a Standard or a Major...) but the OB nib sold me.

Tucked in with that one was an NOS Parker 17. I hadn't actually heard of the 17 until I was offered this one, but it was interesting as an NOS piece.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, chromantic said:

Haven't bought any Parkers in ages but did pick up a NOS Falcon 50 Flighter right before New Year's and just got a "like new" 180 Flighter from ebay this weekend.

Both are great pens - you should certainly enjoy them :) Congrats! :) 

All the best is only beginning now...

On 5/6/2022 at 5:45 PM, mizgeorge said:

Really nice one :) 

All the best is only beginning now...

I just ordered my first Parker fountain pen and it’s also my first vintage pen.  It’s a 45 because I wanted a pen from my birth year.  The color is green (classic model) and it looks nearly new in the online photos. Can’t wait to try it out!

3 hours ago, InkyColors said:

I just ordered my first Parker fountain pen and it’s also my first vintage pen.  It’s a 45 because I wanted a pen from my birth year.  The color is green (classic model) and it looks nearly new in the online photos. Can’t wait to try it out!

Congratulations on your first Parker! I love my 45s. Enjoy!

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

11 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

Both are great pens - you should certainly enjoy them :) Congrats! :) 

Thanks. The 180 arrived Thursday, can't wait to try it out! Even thinner than the 50, due to that retaining the classic 45 look.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, mizgeorge said:

Skinny, indeed! I was a bit surprised as just how skinny. That's a lovely finish.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

8 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Congratulations on your first Parker! I love my 45s. Enjoy!

Thank you!  This forum is great. I’ve learned so much. 

Parker Falcon in stainless steel and Parker 45 blue. I found them in an antique store,not in the best shape.

8 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

Parker Falcon in stainless steel and Parker 45 blue. I found them in an antique store,not in the best shape.

I am looking for a stainless and gold Falcon. I would love to have some of the fun colors of the 45, but I doubt I’ll ever be able to find any.

3 hours ago, Carguy said:

I am looking for a stainless and gold Falcon. I would love to have some of the fun colors of the 45, but I doubt I’ll ever be able to find any.

Hi, Carguy.  It's fairly easy on Ebay and at pen shows to find the "Happy Colors" Parker 45s in orange, olive, and turquoise, but the yellow and the "pink" (magenta) are almost impossible to find anywhere.  I have two of the authentic yellows, which I've now had for several years.  I check everyday on Ebay for the "pink" (magenta), but never see either offered.