What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

3 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

About two years ago had great chances to buy modern Centennials in Pearl&Black, Green Checks and Red Marble (all mint ones) at quite reasonable prices but missed those chances....

Now I see not many such ones available...

There are a fair number of Pearl and Black Centennials available, but mostly not at reasonable prices (I got lucky recently, so it can be done). Check Olive is indeed rare in that size, but you can find them in International and Demi sizes (I have to add that the "green" is really olive, and only visible as such in very good light). Red Mosaic was actually a limited edition not a standard (rumored to be 10,000 pieces total) and it may have only been available in International size, not Centennial. Mosaic Black was available in Centennial, but it might be the only one among the Mosaic series. I'm still hoping to find a Blue Mosaic International to go with my Red and Black ones. 

My most recent Parker addition was that Centennial in Pearl and Black from 1996, on which I was lucky to win the bid at a fairly low number (comparatively speaking). 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Paul-in-SF said:

There are a fair number of Pearl and Black Centennials available, but mostly not at reasonable prices (I got lucky recently, so it can be done). Check Olive is indeed rare in that size, but you can find them in International and Demi sizes (I have to add that the "green" is really olive, and only visible as such in very good light). Red Mosaic was actually a limited edition not a standard (rumored to be 10,000 pieces total) and it may have only been available in International size, not Centennial. Mosaic Black was available in Centennial, but it might be the only one among the Mosaic series. I'm still hoping to find a Blue Mosaic International to go with my Red and Black ones. 

My most recent Parker addition was that Centennial in Pearl and Black from 1996, on which I was lucky to win the bid at a fairly low number (comparatively speaking). 

Thank you, Paul. 

Yes, you are right: those Duofolds were Olive Check and mostly International. Just recently I came across Olive Check Centennial but it was in not good condition at all while asking price was pretty unrealistic. 

All the best is only beginning now...

Centennial Olive Check is nice pen.

But…

To me, that it is not the true olive green color.
I think the green is missing a yellow undertone.

7984A87D-A55A-4674-917A-06582A593A04.jpeg

On 10/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, Diabolical_Engineer said:

Picked up a nice pair of Parkers at the Chicago show this weekend. The dark gray pen is a Zaner Bloser and the Jade is a bit... unusual. It has a pre-Vacumatic Dahlberg style filler. I'm happy both of them joined my collection.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I memory serves me correctly, pen ZBs came in black, lapis & "true blue" (Parker called it “modernistic blue”), ZB pencils also came in jade and a greenish-grey pearl.  I think that you have a True Blue example.

Got myself a Parker Mixy today, Burgundy color. All plastic except for the nib and clip - cap is also plastic. Made in France, UI date code.

Just one question - it has number 2 on the feeder under the nib - which letter it corresponds in modern pen - X, F, M?

parker-mixy-red1.jpg

parker-mixy-red2.jpg

A Parker Sonnet in the Sterling Cisele patter with 18K F nib arrived from the bay today. It doesn’t look to have ever been inked. I’m going to seal off the inner cap with silicon and expect it to write perfectly after that, without any drying out like my Sterling Fougere used to do until I fixed that also.

Just adding one more Flighter to my humble collection: Arrow Flighter GT (USA) in NOS condition.

Frankly, it is not my favorite size, but pen is really nice.

Arrow-Flighter-GT-1.jpg

All the best is only beginning now...

Great set of Vacumatic Imperial arrived. Beautiful clarity and imprints. Very light use. 750A72CC-BDB1-4291-9713-9C4E3B810770.jpeg.4f5040ae39673e11fbec4fe436c15761.jpeg

08FB0ADC-74A2-4FCD-89C2-CD6310F9AF2F.jpeg.9e1f94eb930ccf962ad4472027ed0ac6.jpeg

0B2FA900-649F-4E95-85AA-B7E2246FC494.jpeg.c199cbc8ab1fba590eabb1905e413c41.jpeg

Imprints are very sharp

294661C0-BA73-417B-BEB9-7A618CABAC42.jpeg.6d8a8a81ddebce7ef237eaa62960be34.jpeg

The nib was bent, so I had it re-tipped with a snub.

The Owner may have stored the pen after the nib was bent.8B9ABF21-2759-4525-BADC-C27106BDAD7B.jpeg.511779b1f94d2d74ff69066a5dfcea82.jpeg

8 hours ago, VacNut said:

Great set of Vacumatic Imperial arrived. Beautiful clarity and imprints. Very light use. 750A72CC-BDB1-4291-9713-9C4E3B810770.jpeg.4f5040ae39673e11fbec4fe436c15761.jpeg

08FB0ADC-74A2-4FCD-89C2-CD6310F9AF2F.jpeg.9e1f94eb930ccf962ad4472027ed0ac6.jpeg

0B2FA900-649F-4E95-85AA-B7E2246FC494.jpeg.c199cbc8ab1fba590eabb1905e413c41.jpeg

Imprints are very sharp

294661C0-BA73-417B-BEB9-7A618CABAC42.jpeg.6d8a8a81ddebce7ef237eaa62960be34.jpeg

The nib was bent, so I had it re-tipped with a snub.

The Owner may have stored the pen after the nib was bent.8B9ABF21-2759-4525-BADC-C27106BDAD7B.jpeg.511779b1f94d2d74ff69066a5dfcea82.jpeg

This is one of my grail pens!!

2 hours ago, Carguy said:

This is one of my grail pens!!

Beautiful pen, and not one of the more popular styles. It may be the pen has more slender lines than the typical Vacumatics. I am on the fence on which model is more attractive - the double jewel or the round end cap.

You will need to track down both.

On it's way to me a new Flighter to add to my collection.. Parker 65

1600109887_flighter65.jpg.2085a439f0eea804fecefa74b32c1a30.jpg       505465967_flighter651.jpg.887a0917b9541572d5453e6175822153.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On 10/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, PAKMAN said:

On it's way to me a new Flighter to add to my collection.. Parker 65

1600109887_flighter65.jpg.2085a439f0eea804fecefa74b32c1a30.jpg       505465967_flighter651.jpg.887a0917b9541572d5453e6175822153.jpg

Very, very nice looking pen. I don't now why I find them ugly ducklings and at the same time very appealing. As I started looking for one I read about some problems 65s have, and gave up... But I already have way too many pens.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Well, I acquired a Centennial MKII period Lapis (marble, not solid) to go with the Jasper Red that I got a little while ago. 

Then I thought about whether I should try for a Jade Green model to round out the set. As a color, it's not as "gorgeous" as the other two, and I wasn't sure how much I would like it. So I invested in a barrel that was going at a pretty reasonable price, just to see what it was like. I liked it, the color is more stately and adult than the other two. So then I bought a section with nib and feed that was also going cheap, which fits and fills nicely. So now I have more than half a pen for very little money. I may spend the rest of my life waiting for a cap of that color, but one can hope. 

I just picked up this 1940 blue diamond brown vac desk pen aluminum speed line filler with the diamond on the plunger, I kinda like some of the desk pens that have the striped taper

82F7C8A1-D834-4346-BB9F-506D16A9CC8A.jpeg

4DBF2CA9-7419-4623-81ED-270C23483CE8.jpeg

I have been buying some vacumatics that catch my eye lately (probably too many) and seen this one and thought that one looks like it would like to live at my house, which now it does. It has multiple things that are not present on any of the pens In my small vac collection, so this is my first double jewel pen that’s not a debutant size pen, the first striped cap jewel, the first non standard wide cap band. It’s date code is a 9 it has a two tone nib also dated 9 and  It measures 135mm long and 14mm wide which would make it a maxima? If it is I’m quite happy.

The 1939 Vacumatics:

Senior Maxima (16 mm Wide, 139 mm Long)
    romb Burgundy 
    romb Grey 
    romb Black 
    romb Emerald 
    romb Golden Brown 

romb Maxima (14 mm Wide, 135 mm Long)
    romb Burgundy 
    romb Grey 
    romb Black 
    romb Emerald 
    romb Golden Brown 

Major (14 mm Wide, 131 mm Long)
    romb Burgundy 
    romb Grey 
    romb Black 
    romb Emerald 
    romb Golden Brown 

from Parker pens.net

508CCAAD-D88B-40A8-9EFA-3ACC331DEA92.jpeg

76240256-6C58-452D-9BF0-D1FE40FC72D7.jpeg

61F15561-DC7C-447E-860A-56843A001F38.jpeg

6 hours ago, VacNut said:

t is a slippery slope down to the depths of  the Vacumatics!!!

Why yes, yes it is!, even with all of the info out there they are still a might confusing, but they are my favoritist pens. 

There's some spirited "debate" as I understand it about the difference between the "Slender Maxima" and the "Long Major".

AFAIK, the two pens are the same length, but the "Slender Maxima" will have both a Maxima cap band and a Maxima nib.

Yours looks to have a Jeweler's Band, which is wider than either a Maxima or Major cap band.

That leaves the nib. To my eye, your nib is set way out, which makes it look large, but I count 8 feathers on the arrow. A Maxima nib will typically be 10.

So, I THINK that would make yours a Jeweler's Band Long Major, but then I'm also just at the beginning stages of learning about these so take that for what it's worth.

I really did dig into this, though, since I have a pen that I thought was a slender Maxima. It's golden pearl, like yours, double jewel, a blue diamond clip, and a plastic filler(don't know if that's original or not...need to get it back out and look at the date codes). It was one of my first Vacs, after a Golden Pearl Major/Junior pair, and I knew it was longer than either of those. Mine, however, has the Major type nib and also a Major cap band, so it seems indeed to be a long major.