What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

Hi all, 

In the past couple weeks... which just proves you can never have too many O51s; even if they're dupes. :D And they are, Black & Gold, (duplicate); Forest & Gold & Cocoa & Lustraloy - my FIRST Demi.

The two NG51s might be the same picture, I have a hard time telling them apart... supposed to be Midnight Blue and Teal, but I suspect both are Midnight.

20210311_064805.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065036.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_064914.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065140.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065237.jpg

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, corniche said:

Hi all, 

In the past couple weeks... which just proves you can never have too many O51s; even if they're dupes. :D And they are, Black & Gold, (duplicate); Forest & Gold & Cocoa & Lustraloy - my FIRST Demi.

The two NG51s might be the same picture, I have a hard time telling them apart... supposed to be Midnight Blue and Teal, but I suspect both are Midnight.

20210311_064805.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065036.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_064914.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065140.jpg?width=1920&height=10

20210311_065237.jpg

Beautiful P51s, Sean... You are lucky guy :)

Forest Green with RG cap is my dream... missing it on a few occasions last year...

Hopefully, we will have two London Pen Shows this year, so I will have a chance to hunt for it there...

All the best is only beginning now...

This arrived with me today. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it cost me about 50p as part of a job lot that I bought for under a fiver. I'd spotted that there were a bunch of jotters in decent condition, and I'd actually bought it for a cross bp and lady scripto for my daughter to have in her schoolbag and I thought I'd seen something vaguely 51-shaped, but certainly wasn't expecting this. And it's immaculate. Fine nib too - which is nice for an English pen.

51vac.jpg

Wow! Congratulations. 👍

I wish I could find these gems in the wild; I typically have to resort to the "wilds" of the better known pen shops. :D

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

2 hours ago, como said:

@cornicheBeautiful pens and comparison. Parker 51s truly are so significant in its uniqueness and historical significance. Thank you for sharing with us.

Hi Como,

Thank you. Yes. The 51 was definitely a revolutionary pen; very much so in 1939/40, but even now, it still causes a buzz. :D

1 hour ago, TheRedBeard said:

Beautiful P51s, Sean... You are lucky guy :)

Forest Green with RG cap is my dream... missing it on a few occasions last year...

Hopefully, we will have two London Pen Shows this year, so I will have a chance to hunt for it there...

Hi Red, 

Yes, I've been looking for a nice Forest/Gold set for a while, but they've always been in below par condition or didn't have the matching pencil. I finally came across this one at P51.com. I hope you can make it to the LPS this year. 👍

I think I have to get an LED lamp, though; my stovetop pictures are too dark. :unsure:

3 hours ago, corniche said:

Hi all, 

Nas últimas semanas ... o que prova que você nunca pode ter muitos O51s; mesmo se eles forem idiotas. :DE eles são, Black & Gold, (duplicado); Forest & Gold & Cocoa & Lustraloy - meu PRIMEIRO Demi.

Os dois NG51s podem ser a mesma imagem, tenho dificuldade em distingui-los ... supostamente azul da meia-noite e azul-petróleo, mas suspeito que ambos são meia-noite.

20210311_064805.jpg? Largura = 1920 & altura = 10

20210311_065036.jpg? Largura = 1920 & altura = 10

20210311_064914.jpg? Largura = 1920 & altura = 10

20210311_065140.jpg? Largura = 1920 & altura = 10

20210311_065237.jpg

Beautiful Duos, Sean.
Congratulations on your purchase.
Some 51 more in the collection never hurts, it has been my philosophy ... kkk.
Regards

1 hour ago, corniche said:

I think I have to get an LED lamp, though; my stovetop pictures are too dark. :unsure:

Ha!  I use my stove, too, when I am trying to take a decent pic of a pen (to sell on pen_swap, for instance). It's the only spot in my apartment where the light is kinda sorta almost maybe decent.

1 hour ago, NumberSix said:

Ha!  I use my stove, too, when I am trying to take a decent pic of a pen (to sell on pen_swap, for instance). It's the only spot in my apartment where the light is kinda sorta almost maybe decent.

:lol:

Hi #6,

I'm using CFL bulbs in my range hood; I probably should switch them out with LEDs, but I don't like to use LEDs on a regular basis because I've heard their bad for your retinas and I have eye issues, so I'm thinking a desk lamp, maybe.

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

This arrived with me today. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that it cost me about 50p as part of a job lot that I bought for under a fiver. I'd spotted that there were a bunch of jotters in decent condition, and I'd actually bought it for a cross bp and lady scripto for my daughter to have in her schoolbag and I thought I'd seen something vaguely 51-shaped, but certainly wasn't expecting this. And it's immaculate. Fine nib too - which is nice for an English pen.

51vac.jpg

50p?  That's about 62-1/2 cents US.  Even I have never scored a 51 that cheaply!  Nice score!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth. 

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, Switala said:

Beautiful Duos, Sean.
Congratulations on your purchase.
Some 51 more in the collection never hurts, it has been my philosophy ... kkk.
Regards

Hi Switala, 

Thank you. :) Its true; one can never have too many 51s. :D (Unless your Mitto with over 1000). ;)

25 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

50p?  That's about 62-1/2 cents US.  Even I have never scored a 51 that cheaply!  Nice score!

Thanks Ruth - I'm always on the lookout for a bargain on these - and I've got a limit I just won't go over. I end up with a fair number of black medium aeros, but they're always in demand and once they're cleaned up  they make fantastic gifts. I'd far rather give one of these than a cheap imported pen. My biggest problem is I find some lovely bargains, and then want to keep them all for myself!

Not a bargain like Mizgeorge's 51, unfortunately, but I picked this up from the post office after work yesterday:

s-l1600.jpg

Made in Canada in 1952, according to the inscription. Celluloid plunger. It's 12.8 cms or just over 5 inches long, so I'm thinking a Major?
Writes really smoothly. Happy as a clam. 

This is my first Parker since the 95 I picked up some 25 years ago. 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

Today I picked up a flat top sterling 75 with a 66 (M) nib - my only 75 since selling my first many years ago.

Also, an un-inked full size Cocoa 51. This one is full size but has a hoop filler for some reason....beautiful nib and clear ink sac. A very rare find un-inked these days.

Problem is, my 51 pen storage box is completely full as this is #40 I believe.

4 minutes ago, Carguy said:

This one is full size but has a hoop filler for some reason

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I prefer the hoop fuller to the Aero push-filler. 

My three Parker 21s arrived. They look great, but so far I hate the nibs. Just too darn fine and scratchy (one of them is literally scratchy and probably needs nibwork). Probably doesn't help that I have been doing a lot of writing with big wet gold Targa and Vanishing Point nibs lately - not to mention the BB Lamy 2k I just received. 🤣

I have another 80s-era Vector Ballpoint and Pencil set on the way, in black. (well, the pen is NOS - the pencil is used and coming from a different seller.) Also a NOS blue Vector BP coming - haven't found the blue pencil yet. 

I already have a set in red. I put a red Monteverde gel refill in the pen, and it's a terrific underlining pen for reading and jotting margin notes.

20 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

I have another 80s-era Vector Ballpoint and Pencil set on the way, in black. (well, the pen is NOS - the pencil is used and coming from a different seller.) Also a NOS blue Vector BP coming - haven't found the blue pencil yet. 

I already have a set in red. I put a red Monteverde gel refill in the pen, and it's a terrific underlining pen for reading and jotting margin notes.

You started me down the 21 path my friend and I’ve accumulated a few extra blue, black, and one green one that I’d trade to you if you wanted. It would be a small trade as I don’t have much in these....let me know if you have anything you are tired of.

14 minutes ago, Carguy said:

You started me down the 21 path my friend and I’ve accumulated a few extra blue, black, and one green one that I’d trade to you if you wanted. It would be a small trade as I don’t have much in these....let me know if you have anything you are tired of.

Hehe, thanks. I will keep it in mind.

9 hours ago, Carguy said:

Today I picked up a flat top sterling 75 with a 66 (M) nib - my only 75 since selling my first many years ago.

That's nice pen.

I got the one with the same nib last year in NOS condition. It is also early one with flat tassies dated circa 1965. 

Also, an un-inked full size Cocoa 51. This one is full size but has a hoop filler for some reason....beautiful nib and clear ink sac. A very rare find un-inked these days.

You're luck man! :) Congrats! :)

About 2 months ago I came across P51 cocoa from one UK seller but it was in a very poor condition...

Problem is, my 51 pen storage box is completely full as this is #40 I believe.

So, you definitely need a new spacious cabinet for your P51s ;)

All the best is only beginning now...

4 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

That's nice pen.

I got the one with the same nib last year in NOS condition. It is also early one with flat tassies dated circa 1965. 

You're luck man! :) Congrats! :)

About 2 months ago I came across P51 cocoa from one UK seller but it was in a very poor condition...

So, you definitely need a new spacious cabinet for your P51s ;)

I do indeed, but I fear the War Department’s reaction to that, she may very well object!