What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

32 minutes ago, Sean1957 said:

A 1928 Duofold Special Lucky Curve. It’s a lovely pen. EB5AD9C0-1BD3-4F2C-8EF7-B753396312F6.thumb.jpeg.36baaaddbfaf8ecffedf0eccf8592db4.jpeg

A very special pen, indeed. I don’t have a genuine vintage 1920s Duofold but I do have a modern replica that reuses a vintage clip, a nib and feed from a 1940s Vacumatic, keeps the button filler, and probably reuses the finial and tassie from a vintage pen too.  But it is not an original. 

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sean1957 said:

A 1928 Duofold Special Lucky Curve. It’s a lovely pen. EB5AD9C0-1BD3-4F2C-8EF7-B753396312F6.thumb.jpeg.36baaaddbfaf8ecffedf0eccf8592db4.jpeg

Beautiful, Sean.  Congratulations. 👍

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

20 minutes ago, brokenclay said:

My first ever Parker:

07815882-4540-4DE5-90B4-7355FAEFBAA0.thumb.jpeg.0a91b49069a6639fd640febe9b45bb6b.jpeg

Nicely done! Is that the green version?

Whatever it is, I’d kill for that nib!

37 minutes ago, Carguy said:

Nicely done! Is that the green version?

Whatever it is, I’d kill for that nib!

Yes it is, and the nib tipped me over the edge into buying it. 

I have the blue version with a nice M nib, but I’d also like the red and green with unique nibs.

It's funny but the green doesn't wow me somehow.  But I have two of the Blue Laidtones and I think two of the Red/Dusty Rose ones, and at least one of those four is a vac filler, rather than a button filler.  I also have a Black one (black stripes alternating with translucent one on the barrel) which I'm not as fond of but was the first one that is definitely a "Duovac" rather than a button filler).

Trying to remember now whether any of them are Speedline fillers, or if the vac filler models are all 3rd Generation (I know at least one of them had a date code of '41).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I bought a gorgeous forest green Aero 51 from Midnight Pens near the start of the year. I inked it up with Purdey Single Malt, and the ink was just too darn dry in the fine nib. Chalking it up to yet another Parker (F) nib I do not love, I flushed it out and put the pen away. (I never would have bought the Fine nib, tbh, but I have never come across a green P51 until now, and I have wanted one.)

Tonight I got it out again and filled with Aurora Blue. Wow! It's still a fine line, but it glides across the paper. Now, I think I can safely say that of the 10 or so 51s I have owned, this one goes right to the top as a writer. 

What a difference an ink makes, eh?

(incidentally, I have had great experiences with the Montblanc Single Malt in some pens, such as a Demi 51 and a Noodler's Neponset. But with others - including a very-wet-with-Serenity-Blue Waterman CF and a couple of vintage Montblancs, it's dry as a bone. Weird.)

5 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

I bought a gorgeous forest green Aero 51 from Midnight Pens near the start of the year. I inked it up with Purdey Single Malt, and the ink was just too darn dry in the fine nib. Chalking it up to yet another Parker (F) nib I do not love, I flushed it out and put the pen away. (I never would have bought the Fine nib, tbh, but I have never come across a green P51 until now, and I have wanted one.)

Tonight I got it out again and filled with Aurora Blue. Wow! It's still a fine line, but it glides across the paper. Now, I think I can safely say that of the 10 or so 51s I have owned, this one goes right to the top as a writer. 

What a difference an ink makes, eh?

(incidentally, I have had great experiences with the Montblanc Single Malt in some pens, such as a Demi 51 and a Noodler's Neponset. But with others - including a very-wet-with-Serenity-Blue Waterman CF and a couple of vintage Montblancs, it's dry as a bone. Weird.)

This is absolutely true. I don’t like F nib 51’s with a dry ink, I prefer a much wetter ink and a M nib.

Just received it last week: Parker Ellipse, M nib, in NOS condition.

Parker-Ellipse-1.jpg

All the best is only beginning now...

I mentioned this in the Impulse thread just now, but you lot will appreciate it:

Over the weekend, I sold some inks on pen_swap and so had a bit of paypal cash burning a hole. 

There was a dude selling Parker 21s. I was going to get just one of them, as I have not ordered a 21 in awhile, but I couldn't decide which color I wanted (red, green, black). So I said screw it, and I bought all three.  🤪

On 3/3/2021 at 6:22 AM, TheRedBeard said:

Just received it last week: Parker Ellipse, M nib, in NOS condition.

Parker-Ellipse-1.jpg

Whoa, never even heard of that one. Nice find! How do you like it?

I looked it up on parkerpens.net - only made from 2000-2002:

anfangt’s been said about it that the Ellipse was a decidedly modern pen that managed to mix the vintage style of the Parkers with a contemporary design. The truth is that it failed to attract the public’s eye, and it was discontinued already in 2002, thus making it an instant collectible

10 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

I mentioned this in the Impulse thread just now, but you lot will appreciate it:

Over the weekend, I sold some inks on pen_swap and so had a bit of paypal cash burning a hole. 

There was a dude selling Parker 21s. I was going to get just one of them, as I have not ordered a 21 in awhile, but I couldn't decide which color I wanted (red, green, black). So I said screw it, and I bought all three.  🤪

Ever since I got my few 21’s, they have remained inked - red, blue, and green. They are workhorse pens and underrated I think

3 minutes ago, Carguy said:

Ever since I got my few 21’s, they have remained inked - red, blue, and green. They are workhorse pens and underrated I think

Indeed. I was over them for awhile, but these looked too nice to pass up. Insta-P21 collection re-started!

I have a black one now, but it's got a scratchy nib - I usually only pull it out when I feel like using Superchrome or my bottle of "51" India Black. "51" Black is a wonderful ink, btw - I would have no trouble using this 1940s ink as a daily driver black if I wasn't nervous what it might do to pens.

27 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

Whoa, never even heard of that one. Nice find! How do you like it?

I looked it up on parkerpens.net - only made from 2000-2002:

The pen is marvellous... It looks very unusual for Parker but I like it very much.

However, it is pretty heavy and not for ones who like light pens.

I tried to find it in red finish but failed... and found out that Parker Ellipse in Red finish is among the top rarest Parkers now...

All the best is only beginning now...

8 minutes ago, Mech-for-i said:

a Parker UK Slimfold with stub nib

OCP-20210311_150618_DRO.thumb.jpg.1dc3540d2ddf1a4d764b324013aaf4d3.jpg

Nice nib, Mech4i, congrats. Newhaven?

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

2 hours ago, corniche said:

Nice nib, Mech4i, congrats. Newhaven?

Yeah, Newhaven 

A matte black Parker Sonnet with gold trim... To be honest the pen writes well once it starts writing.