What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

This one arrived today, It’s a Parker 51, MK lll, Insignia, made in Brazil, beginning of the 70s.

It has a very different cap, but it matches perfectly with the rest of the ornaments.

I didn't find another one around here.

You still need affection, I'll give her a good treatment.

WP_20210208_11_28_13_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210208_11_29_10_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210208_11_30_32_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210208_11_31_09_Rich (2).jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just some quick pictures of what I was offered today and took home with me:

A Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarin Yellow pen and pencil set, fully working and in very nice condition.

I was also offered a beautiful Big Red, but as I like the Mandarin Yellow better, bought it very unplanned and got an also very unplanned custom made pen project going, I passed on the Big Red.

Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarine Yellow 1.jpg

Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarine Yellow 2.jpg

Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarine Yellow 3.jpg

Wow.  The Mandarin Yellow is a great color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

7 hours ago, carola said:

Just some quick pictures of what I was offered today and took home with me:

A Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarin Yellow pen and pencil set, fully working and in very nice condition.

I was also offered a beautiful Big Red, but as I like the Mandarin Yellow better, bought it very unplanned and got an also very unplanned custom made pen project going, I passed on the Big Red.

Congrats. I wish someone would offer me a Mandarin Yellow and Big Red Duofold in that condition. :o

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

46 minutes ago, corniche said:

Congrats. I wish someone would offer me a Mandarin Yellow and Big Red Duofold in that condition. :o

- Sean  :)

You and me both! I really want a Mandarin Yellow Duofold....but I won’t pay the crazy money they’ve been going for lately

I don't understand why Parker have been so stingy on the mandarin colour in more recent years - the modern duofolds have had mandarin releases in 1995 and 2006, but on both occasions they were rare limited editions...

16 hours ago, carola said:

Apenas algumas fotos rápidas do que me foi oferecido hoje e levei para casa comigo:

Conjunto de caneta e lápis Parker Duofold Streamlined Mandarin Yellow, totalmente funcional e em muito bom estado.

Também me ofereceram um lindo Big Red, mas como eu gosto mais do Mandarin Yellow, comprei-o muito não planejado e tive um projeto de caneta customizada também muito não planejado em execução, eu rejeitei o Big Red.

You have a beautiful Duo! Congratulations on your purchase.

And there will always be a new day to pick up the Big Red ... Lol

Who arrived now was the Flighter, the other two were already here. I am always surprised by the quality of the writing of these Parker 15, the red one goes months without writing on the desk, when I need to write down something she is ready to leave without problems . I ended up saving this orange jotter for a different color, I think it's fun. And the Flighter arrived in a lot of pens, and was left without attention until the end, but when I took her grateful surprise, it was never painted and has this plunger converter, rare here in my region. The two fountain pens have a Media tip. I hardly see any comments about the English Parker 15 or Mixy when they are French, so I decided to post, to remember what is missing, who has one in the drawer.
Regards

WP_20210222_11_16_46_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210222_11_16_57_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210222_11_18_11_Rich (2).jpg

This little beauty joined my gang recently. I purchased a 6 pen lot at auction and serviced them and sold 4 for more than the lot price, sooo lucky me, got this for a little effort only. A stunning 1990s International in Red Jasper, in excellent condition. The nib is a broad, unfortunately, and writes as smooth as any pen i have. I do prefer a narrower nib with a little feedback, which suits better quality paper. However the feel and look makes you know that this is a very special pen you are writing with. On looks alone this pen will stay in my collection forever. C29012262_2021-02-2215_00_12.thumb.jpg.16763497c2b8ff5729eed5551ea10a55.jpg152681429_2021-02-2215_01_23.thumb.jpg.522c805b6fc60cd0dd79d7f0692a035b.jpg358090600_2021-02-2215_02_16.thumb.jpg.53f6451c48084f80210d6e8e268da523.jpg

1 hour ago, Chuchulan said:

This little beauty joined my gang recently. I purchased a 6 pen lot at auction and serviced them and sold 4 for more than the lot price, sooo lucky me, got this for a little effort only. A stunning 1990s International in Red Jasper, in excellent condition. The nib is a broad, unfortunately, and writes as smooth as any pen i have. I do prefer a narrower nib with a little feedback, which suits better quality paper. However the feel and look makes you know that this is a very special pen you are writing with. On looks alone this pen will stay in my collection forever. C29012262_2021-02-2215_00_12.thumb.jpg.16763497c2b8ff5729eed5551ea10a55.jpg152681429_2021-02-2215_01_23.thumb.jpg.522c805b6fc60cd0dd79d7f0692a035b.jpg358090600_2021-02-2215_02_16.thumb.jpg.53f6451c48084f80210d6e8e268da523.jpg

Pretty.

Khan M. Ilyas

Thank you all. The Mandarin Yellow is in really good condition, no cracks, no scratches, hardly any brassing at all and the OM nib (with very little O fortunately, as oblique nibs don´t suit my hand) writes nicely.

And guys, the Big Red is still to be had if you like. As I am primarily a Pelikan and Eversharp Skyline girl, I am pretty sure I won´t go for it. There even was a second Mandarin Yellow pen, an older non-streamlined one from the 1920s with flat top. The condition of both, the Big Red and the older Mandarin Yellow is comparable to the one I bought. I went for the streamlined one because a) I like the design a lot better and b) the older version was considerably more expensive.

Duofold_Centennials_Mk_I_II_III_Classic.jpg.c5a3cdd6a63fad62b82d454aad7cdb93.jpg

From left to right: Duofold Centennial Mk I Marbled Maroon, Duofold Centennial Mk II Black GT, Duofold Centennial Mk III Black GT, Duofold Centennial Classic Big Red CT, Duofold International Mk II Jade Green.  The Mk I Marbled Maroon and the Mk III Black GT were acquired in the last month and week respectively, the Classic Big Red about a year ago.  Both the Mk II Duofolds are more than a decade old.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

18 minutes ago, ParkerBeta said:

Duofold_Centennials_Mk_I_II_III_Classic.jpg.c5a3cdd6a63fad62b82d454aad7cdb93.jpg

From left to right: Duofold Centennial Mk I Marbled Maroon, Duofold Centennial Mk II Black GT, Duofold Centennial Mk III Black GT, Duofold Centennial Classic Big Red CT, Duofold International Mk II Jade Green.  The Mk I Marbled Maroon and the Mk III Black GT were acquired in the last month and week respectively, the Classic Big Red about a year ago.  Both the Mk II Duofolds are more than a decade old.

Marbled Maroon is marvellous.... I will definitely look for this one soon...

All the best is only beginning now...

50 minutes ago, ParkerBeta said:

Do you write with all of them?

13 hours ago, Heinkle said:

Do you write with all of them?

At the moment, all of them are inked and I am taking turns writing with all of them!

Marbled Maroon Mk I: F nib, writes like a true European F

Black GT Mk II: XF nib but writes like the F of the Marbled Maroon Mk I

Jade Green Mk II: F nib (like Marbled Maroon Mk I)

Black GT Mk III: M nib, quite wide

Big Red Classic CT: F nib but intermediate in width between Marbled Maroon Mk I and Black GT Mk III

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib