What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

30 minutes ago, Simon Spector said:

Hi

I am fixated on Duofolds so the latest in my collect is a Centennial  True Blue PDCTB1.png.7c9d2689108b8f7d9f5d9f30bf01a318.png

Oooo... This Duofold is gorgeous! :)

I don't have any Duofolds in blue, but after seeing this one I'm on a brink of revising my approach and going to find something like that ... ;)

By the way, very nice figurines, too...

All the best is only beginning now...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are two Parker Flighters in my (meager) collection (as of Jan 2021).

• '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT fountain pen
  • '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT rollerball / floating ball pen

But they are not new. I bought these at the same time in 1978 - when I worked in downtown Chicago.

The most obvious external difference between the two (other than the trim colors, length, and diameter)  is the cap tassies and the barrel end, as follows:

'72 FP:

• cap - stepped dish tassy
  • barrel end - concave (no tassy)

'78 RB/FB:

• cap - dimpled tassy
  • barrel end- dimpled tassy

They look so alike that the different tassies help me to differentiate them at a glance.

They are in a small jewelry box (until my pen display case arrives) - ready for me to clean and ink.

PEace,

LuLu

• Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

On 1/24/2021 at 5:53 AM, TheRedBeard said:

Your Christmas present is great! :)

In spite of having a few 75s in my collection I'm still hunting for the Silver on with that finish in mint condition...

Thank you. I can assure you that I didn’t stumble into finding that elusive mint condition pen. :) I was looking for (and found) a pen I could use without fear of reducing its value. 

5 minutes ago, bajajoaquin said:

Thank you. I can assure you that I didn’t stumble into finding that elusive mint condition pen. :) I was looking for (and found) a pen I could use without fear of reducing its value. 

Okay, I see 🙂

I've got a few Parkers in rotation now, but I want this one for my collection to keep it uninked for a while... ;) 

All the best is only beginning now...

I wanted some new and brighter pen designs for my desk, so I bought a Duofold Red Mosaic when one appeared on eBay at a somewhat more affordable price than the ones that are there now -- I feel like I bought the last of the inexpensive ones, as the prices for all three colors (red, blue and black) are hundreds of dollars more than I just paid.

It came with the original nib, an empty Parker Quink Purple cartridge, and a whole lot of dried-out purple ink in the Medium nib and feed. I bought a current Ace of Spades pattern XB (85) nib for it because I like my nibs wider.

It's a good pen, though I'm getting some drying out with the new nib unit and MB Corn Poppy Red ink (which is a perfect ink for this pen).  The 85 nib has a big blob of tipping, but is writing between the width of a Pelikan B and BB; it may need a bit of shaping and a little stub-ifying when I get around to it. 

I liked the pattern of the barrel so much that I bought the matching pencil.  The Duofold pencil mechanism is just perfect (being able to retract the lead tube so it doesn't poke my shirt pocket is a luxury), and I loaded in a red 0.7 lead for the color match.  This pencil has a slight flaw, the black plastic part between the cone and the trim ring is just loose enough to rotate, but it's not a problem big enough to worry about.  I don't really need the matching ballpoint or roller, but would consider a ballpoint if I could find one cheap enough.

I like the Duofold Mosaic pattern so much that I'm planning to buy the same in more colors, but only if I can find them at bargain prices, which just isn't the case for any of the Mosaic and Check patterns, and it looks like all except the most pedestrian modern Duofolds are getting more expensive in the used market.

IMG_8665.jpeg

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

When buying my Duofold Mosaic Red fountain pen and pencil, I spotted this Centennial in the auction site listings.  At an okay price, in an historic color that I like, and with some non-standard trim rings, I decided I needed to have it.  

It arrived in a musty Parker Duofold box, with a Broad nib on a feed marked F for fine.  The dried ink was so bad that I had to disassemble and soak the nib and feed to remove it.  After cleaning, it writes pretty well, though the nib has seen so much use that it has a flat spot and will need some tuning.  

The unusual cap rings are, from left to right, a black cap lip, Mark 1 marbled blue, Mark 1 marbled red, Mark 2 Jade Green, Mark 2 Jasper Red, and Mark 2 Lapis Blue. 

The pen is unusual enough that it'll get its own post with some more information that I found.

IMG_8666.jpeg

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

The recent addition is not the pen but the matching ballpoint pen.

I'm sorry the tray is not clean.

KIMG1037.JPG

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

20 hours ago, tacitus said:

The recent addition is not the pen but the matching ballpoint pen.

I'm sorry the tray is not clean.

KIMG1037.JPG

Your desk will look so elegant now!

1 hour ago, jchch1950 said:

Your desk will look so elegant now!

Thank you😄

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

9 minutes ago, mitto said:

Can't count them. 😊

Well Mitto, there is a simple solution. Send them all to me and I will count them for you!

Easy Peasy!

PM for mailing address

2 minutes ago, crescentfiller said:

Well Mitto, there is a simple solution. Send them all to me and I will count them for you!

Easy Peasy!

PM for mailing address

😊

Khan M. Ilyas

I found a local ad of a seller with several parker fountain pens I was interested in, I decided what I would like to pay for just those from his grouping, but decided to ask what he wanted for them all, we came to an agreement and I have added 16 Parker fountain pens to my 'collection' (my collection was four before this, and two of those had issues)

One 21 in great condition.

Two 45s, one a flighter, the other burgundy.

Three 25s two in perfect condition, one I suspect wasn't even inked. The third is a mark one, but the cap is damaged, I knew this before buying and I was ok with it.

Four Jotters, flighter, red, blue, and a Matt black with gold trim.

Four frontiers, flighter, blue translucent, black, and a pearlesent color, need to read up on these I'm unfamiliar with them.

One IM, black gold trim

One Reflex, black.

Now that's way more than I wanted or needed, but the additional cost was too tempting to only take the ones I wanted (the 21, 45s, & 25s)

All have been cleaned out, only one inked yet, the 21 and it writes like a champ. Will eventually/possibly sell off quite a few of the others.

7 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

Mitto, Be sure to send in about twenty separate lots so that the planes or ships don't crash or sink from the weight!

:lticaptd:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

14 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

Mitto, Be sure to send in about twenty separate lots so that the planes or ships don't crash or sink from the weight!

Thank you very much for the great offer. ☺️

But.... My pens will go either to JottetrAddict62 or FarmBoy if in case I decide to let them go. 

Khan M. Ilyas

A Parker Frontier Chromaflair in teal/blue.

The color looks gorgeous 🥰

But unfortunately the coated/rubberized(?) section feels a bit sticky 😐

8 hours ago, mitto said:

Thank you very much for the great offer. ☺️

But.... My pens will go either to JottetrAddict62 or FarmBoy if in case I decide to let them go. 

You say that I am before FarmBoy, what a honor.

The last 3 Parkers I bought were end of the day or lunchtime Jotters.

Jotters are good pens with a gel refill. Otherwise, no thanks. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

3 hours ago, JotterAddict62 said:

You say that I am before FarmBoy, what a honor.

The last 3 Parkers I bought were end of the day or lunchtime Jotters.

You are very special to me. And you know this very well. 

FarmBoy is my mentor. My Guru. Great respect for him. 

Khan M. Ilyas