What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

40 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

Muito bons anos 75 :)

Tenho procurado tal mas não consegui encontrar na condição NOS ...

Red Beard, here in Brazil, the 75 sets are increasingly scarce. When we find NOS they can reach U $ 600, -. But panning on Ebay we can still find some good specimens. Regards

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Switala said:

Red Beard, here in Brazil, the 75 sets are increasingly scarce. When we find NOS they can reach U $ 600, -. But panning on Ebay we can still find some good specimens. Regards

Oh... US$600 for 75... not bad :)

All the best is only beginning now...

2 minutos atrás, TheRedBeard disse:

Oh ... US $ 600 por 75 ... nada mal :)

Some people pay, I don't. I prefer to pan.

And here I thought the bidding war over a flat top Ciselé on eBay early last year was insane.  The hammer price was $192 US and change (I had long since dropped out of the bidding on that pen).  But then got the later model (dished tassies) with a B nib and the original squeeze converter for $125, plus tax and shipping -- and that was the minimum bid with a couple of minutes to go in the auction because NOBODY was watching that listing but me....  

Go figure..... :o

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

16 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

E aqui eu pensei que a guerra de lances por um Ciselé de topo plano no eBay no início do ano passado era insana. O preço do martelo era de US $ 192 e troco (há muito desisti da licitação daquela caneta). Mas então comprei o último modelo (tassies prato) com uma ponta B e o conversor squeeze original por US $ 125, mais impostos e frete - e esse foi o lance mínimo com alguns minutos para entrar no leilão porque NINGUÉM estava assistindo a lista mas eu....  

Vai saber..... : o

Ruth Morrisson também conhecida como inkstainedruth

Ruth, most of the 75 Fountain Pens, are costing close to $ 200, -. The pieces that reach the mentioned values are fountain pen and roller sets or fountain pen and mechanical pencil, the latter rarer, and therefore valued here. In order to dye these values, they must have original boxes, preferably the more elaborate ones, and finally contain the nib adjustment advice. But in general the market here follows international values when we talk about Parkers. Regards

1 hour ago, Switala said:

Ruth, most of the 75 Fountain Pens, are costing close to $ 200, -. The pieces that reach the mentioned values are fountain pen and roller sets or fountain pen and mechanical pencil, the latter rarer, and therefore valued here. In order to dye these values, they must have original boxes, preferably the more elaborate ones, and finally contain the nib adjustment advice. But in general the market here follows international values when we talk about Parkers. Regards

Not around here they're not -- or at least weren't.  Before I got mine, last year (I just checked my records and I got the pen in mid-April, 2020) I scoped out 75s at the Ohio Pen Show, and tried to educate myself as to what the differences between models were (I was mostly only looking at the Ciselé finish pens).  And in November of 2019, prices were running between $75 and about $125 or so (I had gotten interested after seeing one at a estate sale the previous spring, but didn't know enough then to know if the $100 price tag was fair or not, and apparently it was).  And that one that went for $192 was an early flat-top, as I said -- but not part of a set or anything particularly special other than that it had an F nib (most of the ones on eBay at the time had M nibs, so I figured I did okay on price, getting a B).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

40 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Por aqui não estão - ou pelo menos não eram. Antes de comprar o meu, no ano passado (acabei de verificar meus registros e peguei a caneta em meados de abril de 2020), fiz o escopo 75s no Ohio Pen Show e tentei me informar sobre quais eram as diferenças entre os modelos (eu estava principalmente olhando apenas para as canetas de acabamento Ciselé). E em novembro de 2019, os preços estavam entre US $ 75 e cerca de US $ 125 ou mais (fiquei interessado depois de ver um em uma venda de propriedade na primavera anterior, mas não sabia o suficiente para saber se o preço de US $ 100 era justo ou não , e aparentemente foi). E aquele que saiu por $ 192 era um flat-top inicial, como eu disse - mas não fazia parte de um conjunto ou qualquer coisa particularmente especial além de ter um F nib (a maioria dos no eBay na época tinha M nibs , então achei que estava bem no preço, obtendo um B).

Ruth Morrisson também conhecida como inkstainedruth

No doubt you did a great deal!

What makes imported products expensive here are our taxes.

For any imported item, we pay 60% on the value of the product and freight, we are taxed on the value of the note.

Not to mention the customs bureaucracy.

To collect, we need a lot of love, courage and a good amount of money ....😀

I sold the last 75 I had acquired in a Cisele because I wanted a M/B nib instead of fine nib. Now I wished I hadn’t.

I would like one in that silver pattern above though!

19 hours ago, Carguy said:

I sold the last 75 I had acquired in a Cisele because I wanted a M/B nib instead of fine nib. Now I wished I hadn’t.

I would like one in that silver pattern above though!

Carguy,

Try to have a quick search on eBay now:

I've seen a couple of Silver 75s in NOS condition and one gold one there quite recently...

5 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

Carguy,

Tente fazer uma pesquisa rápida no eBay agora:

Recentemente, vi alguns Silver 75 em condição NOS e um ouro ...

The 75 in gold, (Insignia) are worth less, are a good option for those looking for writing and not esthetics or who like the gold ones. Also less valued are the 75 French, simple lacquers. I have two excellent writers, one of them awaiting restoration, posting the cap removed the lacquer ...

18 hours ago, Switala said:

The 75 in gold, (Insignia) are worth less, are a good option for those looking for writing and not esthetics or who like the gold ones. Also less valued are the 75 French, simple lacquers. I have two excellent writers, one of them awaiting restoration, posting the cap removed the lacquer ...

How to value 75 in Silver or Gold it depends on personal preferences.

However, surely, early Sterling Silver Cicele and Spanish Treasure LE pens are valued much higher.

Recently, I've seen asking price for Sterling Cicele making £360+...

I guess you could say these Parker pens have recently joined my collection, in the sense that I recently started using fountain pens and both my dad and stepdad gifted me their old pens that hadn’t been used in years, so other than a LAMY and a Waterman, they ARE my collection.

They are, from top to bottom: a Midnight Blue 45 Classic, a no tassie 45 Flighter, two IMs (one older, one bought this year) and a black Vector.

They all have F nibs and two came with still functioning squeeze converters. That’s not the end though, their collections have more pens which are mostly Parkers but that I still have to clean. The ink in all of them was left to dry, but the Flighter is giving even more fight (ha) than usual: the ink got inside the barrel and it’s been days but the water still gets dyed pink.

20210116_234141.jpeg

Edited by Inkshades

Got this just yesterday...

Parker 85 Silver-plated XF nib NOS...

Parker-85-Silver-1.jpg

My first ever fountain pen was a Parker Frontier (Steel and Purple),  before getting a second Frontier (Diamonite Z Grey) both of which were more than 20 years ago. Now in the last 6 months, after a long break from fountain pens. I have got in order, a Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe, Parker 15 Flighter CT, Parker 45 Flighter GT, and just today a Parker Jotter Stainless Steel CT.

I have a green Aero 51 on the way, which makes me happy - I have been wanting a green one. 

In the meantime, I finally received my two bottles of NOS vintage Quink (with Solv-x). Based on bottle design, I would date these inks to the 1940s. 

• Permanent Black - not as black as my bottle of "51" India Black, from the same time period. But certainly a useable ink. 
  • Permanent Blue-Black - this one is super greenish. It looks a lot like Noodler's Air Corps Blue-Black. If this was always the color, then I am guessing that's what Nathan was going for. I am tempted to throw this ink into my Double-Broad 145.

I like both inks and will definitely begin using them. :)

I will cheat and share the ebay seller's pic:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8c9a4a944fb83273984513226b71c93b.jpg

That’s a nice find 6! I only have one Forest Green 51 and it was one of the hardest colors, outside of the rare DJ models, to find anywhere.

1 hour ago, Carguy said:

That’s a nice find 6! I only have one Forest Green 51 and it was one of the hardest colors, outside of the rare DJ models, to find anywhere.

Ha ha, they are certainly not as easy to find as all the black or burgundy ones I have owned!

I technically got this pen in early December, but it was my Christmas present to myself so I waited to use it until after then. At that time, I found it to be very clogged and only just got it flowing (thank you for the help!). Now it’s entered my collection. 

I’m very pleased. 
E20BA89F-EE8A-4926-8BB2-093F9B0F6C92.thumb.jpeg.44e8a1082deb8eb40d103512ebd7a0f8.jpeg

17 hours ago, bajajoaquin said:

I technically got this pen in early December, but it was my Christmas present to myself so I waited to use it until after then. At that time, I found it to be very clogged and only just got it flowing (thank you for the help!). Now it’s entered my collection. 

I’m very pleased. 

Your Christmas present is great! :)

In spite of having a few 75s in my collection I'm still hunting for the Silver on with that finish in mint condition...