What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JotterAddict62 said:

Today the last two Parker's that I bought for the year arrived today. A Parker mechanical pencil from 1963 [ how could I

tell ] The pencil says Schlitz press club picnic 1963. The other is a P45 that says the following on the barrel

Try A Real Pen

Win $5000!

In Parker's

Amazing

Writing Discovery

Sweepstakes

This pen will go into my high end advertising collecting.

Awesome scores!

As the mail continues to trickle in from the month of December, various orders have finally arrived (some going back to the start of the month). 

• Jotter, white - brass threads
  • Super 21, grey
  • Vac 51 w/gold-filled cap and matching pencil - I think this one is cordovan (it looks more brown-red than burgundy)

I put in ebay orders today for a white Jotter pencil (these days I am obsessed with matching BP/MP sets) and for a black P21 pencil to go with a black Super 21 I have. I am not as obsessed with matching FPs and Pencils. But I like Parker 21 pencils. 

Next time, I will look for a grey one to match this new FP. And I also need a red FP to match my P21 pencil - the Mark II is the one with the trough clip, right?

A 1949 navy gray Parker 51 with lustraloy cap. The filler sleeve has the typical flaky chrome plating, but I do have an almost spotless replacement sleeve I'll install at some point. 

16 hours ago, NumberSix said:

@inkstainedruth I know you're a bargain hunter, but I couldn't help but think of you when I saw this offer of NOS trapezoid bottles of Quink Permanent Turquoise. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352262135054

180644205_s-l1600.jpg

Trying to remember if Super Quink falls into the same category as Superchrome ink -- stuff that is truly noxious to pens (Superchrome was apparently what the Parker 51 Aerometrics were originally designed to use, but the first year models had sterling silver breather tubes in them and Superchrome destroyed those...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

9 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Trying to remember if Super Quink falls into the same category as Superchrome ink -- stuff that is truly noxious to pens (Superchrome was apparently what the Parker 51 Aerometrics were originally designed to use, but the first year models had sterling silver breather tubes in them and Superchrome destroyed those...).

I believe that Super Quink is just a marketing rename (see here and here). Superchrome and "51" inks are the ones to avoid.

9 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

9 minutes ago, mdrawde said:

I believe that Super Quink is just a marketing rename (see here and here). Superchrome and "51" inks are the ones to avoid.

That's my understanding. Super Quink with Solv-x is just their regular Quink. 

Maybe "super" was a big buzzword back in the day? Otherwise, it makes little sense to name your main product almost the same thing as your pen-killing product.🤣

I have been Pelikan fan😜.

My first post in Parker topic is...

The first black duofold (1923) and the first black centennial (with flat and short clip)(1987). The original duofold reminds me of the first Pelikan.

KIMG0989.JPG

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

IMG_20210104_201107194.thumb.jpg.7801334bae03914a6d856fd9d6bb9f62.jpgGot a 51 special which unfortunately had an inner cap that was in rough shape, I got a partial refund from the seller and used parts from a non functioning 51 vac to make a Franken 51 special with a gold nib and cap. 

A Rage Red 45 that I got on eBay.To my great delight, it showed up with a B nib, which makes the 2nd B nib I’ve gotten in the last month. I need to stop buying Parker51’s and 45’s.....right 🥴

Now if I can just find yellow, orange, and pink in the 45, I think I’d quit buying for a while.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, NumberSix said:

As the mail continues to trickle in from the month of December, various orders have finally arrived (some going back to the start of the month). 

• Jotter, white - brass threads
  • Super 21, grey
  • Vac 51 w/gold-filled cap and matching pencil - I think this one is cordovan (it looks more brown-red than burgundy)

I put in ebay orders today for a white Jotter pencil (these days I am obsessed with matching BP/MP sets) and for a black P21 pencil to go with a black Super 21 I have. I am not as obsessed with matching FPs and Pencils. But I like Parker 21 pencils. 

Next time, I will look for a grey one to match this new FP. And I also need a red FP to match my P21 pencil - the Mark II is the one with the trough clip, right?

Matching Jotter sets, Yes. I have plenty of them.

My most recent Parker is a black 21 Super with medium nib.  It is a good, reliable writer, sturdy enough for everyday use.

3 hours ago, newkid12 said:

My most recent Parker is a black 21 Super with medium nib.  It is a good, reliable writer, sturdy enough for everyday use.

I have the same pen, and it's a lovely medium line. But it's a little bit scratchy when writing to the side, like drawing a line. 

I need to probably take some mesh to it. 

White Jotter pencil arrived yesterday, to go alongside my white Jotter BP. I do wish these jotter pencils used 0.7 or 0.9 lead instead of the 0.5mm. I am a heavy pencil writer, and I break the 0.5 too easily!

Ebay seller's return address was Janesville, WI. 😄 

Recently ended up getting a franken pen made out of various parts and a parker section/feed/nib/clip. No clue what the body and cap is. It smells a bit like casein and is 8 sided. Blue-green-silver-black marbling on the barrel and cap. No imprint.

1958502195_IMG_20210110_131316(1).thumb.jpg.8791237aa043b3221f092f6fa883ce19.jpg

Also managed to get a similar unbranded pen with green-gold-black marbling that's also 8 sided and had a W M Mitchell dip nib. both looks identical but parts are not interchangeable.

I don't have a collection, yet. I've had a gold Parker 75 since 1970, and I just bought a burgundy  Parker Victory MID which is in the mail. When it arrives, then I'll have a collection.