What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

Ended up getting 5 parker 51s and one which i think is a 61. as parts pens. I was planning on throwing away the outside and converting them with custom barrels and caps such as Kullock ones. caps have a reasonable amount of brassing but bodies of 4 of them looks to be ok. also sacs seems ok on 3 of the 4. Just wondering if i should get the caps re-plated and leave them as they are and only mess with the two thats have damages to the caps / sections. can these caps be re-plated? or it is simply not worth it ?

fpn_1599024867__img_20200902_171841.jpg

fpn_1599024893__img_20200902_171629.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And a matte chrome steel nib 45. Im always surprised how well the 45 performs so Im getting back into these.

Carguy, the P45 there looks to be a grey Coronet, should feel a bit lighter than a Flighter as they're aluminium.

Carguy, the P45 there looks to be a grey Coronet, should feel a bit lighter than a Flighter as they're aluminium.

It is a coronet indeed...my first one like this and it has been quite enjoyable! A nice writer and very light pen.

MD

It was a pretty good estate sale day....not super cheap but along with 2 Parkers, I picked up my first Wahl Eversharp and a Sheaffer Mother of Pearl Balance that need restoration.

64743656-B90A-47DB-9D12-622080755739.jpeg

My latest purchases during the last month are:

- Parker Duofold International Jasper Red NOS or so they said - $275

- Parker 45 TX Mint, 1981, 14K Nib, UK - $69.95

- Parker 41 Coral with stainless steel cap - $53

- Parker 88 Silver Plated with black ends at just $12.94, I already had one but it could pass it at this price, it was advertised as a Vector

- Parker Sonnet Premier Red Laque with 18K F Nib - $71.50. A pen to complement my other 3 red Sonnets and a red fake Sonnet to compare with the real ones and don´t get fooled.

- Parker Vertor Gemetric 1993 F Nib - $22 to complement another 2 Vector Geometric I have.

- Parker Aster Jotter from India in a very nice matte red and gold trim - $19.90

I need to slow down, if I can? I just reduced my wish list to only 4 but it doesn´t mean that I don´t get bargains outside the list.

Not on the wish list are any Parker 35 like pens normally only found in France, sometimes called FL2, but will be bought I they come across. I want to make sense of all the different versions and variations, I already have 11.

Also I need to concentrate on servicing a few pens of my collection and tune the nibs on some others.

My latest purchases during the last month are:

- Parker Duofold International Jasper Red NOS or so they said - $275

- Parker 45 TX Mint, 1981, 14K Nib, UK - $69.95

- Parker 41 Coral with stainless steel cap - $53

- Parker 88 Silver Plated with black ends at just $12.94, I already had one but it could pass it at this price, it was advertised as a Vector

- Parker Sonnet Premier Red Laque with 18K F Nib - $71.50. A pen to complement my other 3 red Sonnets and a red fake Sonnet to compare with the real ones and don´t get fooled.

- Parker Vertor Gemetric 1993 F Nib - $22 to complement another 2 Vector Geometric I have.

- Parker Aster Jotter from India in a very nice matte red and gold trim - $19.90

I need to slow down, if I can? I just reduced my wish list to only 4 but it doesn´t mean that I don´t get bargains outside the list.

Not on the wish list are any Parker 35 like pens normally only found in France, sometimes called FL2, but will be bought I they come across. I want to make sense of all the different versions and variations, I already have 11.

Also I need to concentrate on servicing a few pens of my collection and tune the nibs on some

When some collectors try to stop their buying spree they realised that the brakes are gone :o

Just rec'd back a 51 Special (burgundy or cordovan - who can say?). It had issues similar to Carguy's pen recently. It couldn't even handle Noodler's Bad Green Gator without choking.

I sent it to Parker51.com for repairs and to have the old sac replaced. They said it had issues with the position of the nib, feed, and hood. I asked about the nib, too, after hearing that some late Specials have gold nibs.

Here's what Tim said:

Your 51 has a 14K Nib. If your pen is original to when it was made, it dates from 1966 or 67. Parker 51’s from 1964 to 1968 have filler sleeves marked “SPECIAL” whether the pen had a gold nib and a frosted cap or a steel nib and a polished cap with a black jewel. Your pen is a Deluxe 51 even though it has Special on the filler guard.

Nifty. :)

I loaded it up with a nearly-empty sample of Lamy Black. These pens are terrific about accessing the remaining ink in a sample vial.

It's writing very well now, though tomorrow will really tell if it's fixed. :P

Just rec'd back a 51 Special (burgundy or cordovan - who can say?). It had issues similar to Carguy's pen recently. It couldn't even handle Noodler's Bad Green Gator without choking.

I sent it to Parker51.com for repairs and to have the old sac replaced. They said it had issues with the position of the nib, feed, and hood. I asked about the nib, too, after hearing that some late Specials have gold nibs.

Here's what Tim said:

Your 51 has a 14K Nib. If your pen is original to when it was made, it dates from 1966 or 67. Parker 51’s from 1964 to 1968 have filler sleeves marked “SPECIAL” whether the pen had a gold nib and a frosted cap or a steel nib and a polished cap with a black jewel. Your pen is a Deluxe 51 even though it has Special on the filler guard.

I loaded it up with a nearly-empty sample of Lamy Black. These pens are terrific about accessing the remaining ink in a sample vial.

Nice surprise.

“Both of you are sick....”

“Carguy quietly eyes ANOTHER Parker 51.....”

P51's are a dime a dozen in Parkerland. The first P51 Vac desk set [ cordovan brown ] that I bought was only $10. I paid more for the Jimmy Carter Jotter that day and resold it for more.

This is when I just was learning more about the other Parkers that came before the Jotter.

Here's what Tim said:

Your 51 has a 14K Nib. If your pen is original to when it was made, it dates from 1966 or 67. Parker 51s from 1964 to 1968 have filler sleeves marked SPECIAL whether the pen had a gold nib and a frosted cap or a steel nib and a polished cap with a black jewel. Your pen is a Deluxe 51 even though it has Special on the filler guard.

Isnt it pleasing to know from a definitive source?

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Drools more.....

Drools even more and :notworthy1: to roguico for a nice price as well (especially considering what my run of the mill Aqua (?) 41 was appraised for...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks to the very kind NumberSix, I am now the proud owner of a beautiful teal green P21, my first of this model! I am absolutely amazed at how great this pen writes....filled with Diamine Aurora Borealis and have been using it ever since it arrived.

If I can stay away from any more 51’s for a week or two, I may be able to afford a red one and blue one next

All this talk and veneration of the 21 and 51 makes me really want to like those pens. Someone even suggested, a while back, another model that has a very similar nib but no hood, but the magic just doesn't happen to me.

This one's quite an uplifting discussion, though :-)

alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

The Parker 21 entered my field of vision as a gift from a gal who said her father had given it to her as a child for use in school. The nib was bent up but still wrote well. I was able to bend back in place and it still wrote well. I later gave it to a friend who likes fountain pens after finding a NOS 21 in my favorite color, cedar blue.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"