What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

I dunno. I also find the ~$300 Watermans with the nib bent at about a 90° angle.

Jotteraddict62 has access to all the estate sales and auctions of former Parker/Janesville employees.... Someday I wanna go shopping with HIM!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

We will meet someday Ruth. My last auction bill was $3640.00 for 200 pieces. Do the math per item. :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my $50 bid on that pink 41 & cocoa Aero 51 auction was beaten. I don't think I am going to rebid, much as I want the pink 41.

After all, I am probably going to send the soon-to-arrive green 41 for a thorough servicing, based on the pics, and that's a better use for the same money. :happyberet:

@Carguy - you were kind enough to offer to stay out of the auction, though I would never expect you to do so. Have at it! I'm out. ;)

We will meet someday Ruth. My last auction bill was $3640.00 for 200 pieces. Do the math per item. :D

Do you have an online shop or ebay store? What are you doing with all these pens, and how can we get our hands on some of them??!!

Well, my $50 bid on that pink 41 & cocoa Aero 51 auction was beaten. I don't think I am going to rebid, much as I want the pink 41.

After all, I am probably going to send the soon-to-arrive green 41 for a thorough servicing, based on the pics, and that's a better use for the same money. :happyberet:

@Carguy - you were kind enough to offer to stay out of the auction, though I would never expect you to do so. Have at it! I'm out. ;)

Money is a bit tight at the moment, so I will likely pass as well.

I'm quickly falling for my first Parker 51

As are the rest of us, friend! That's a beauty you got right there.

Do you have an online shop or ebay store? What are you doing with all these pens, and how can we get our hands on some of them??!!

I was going to sell at the Chicago Pen Show this year, but that was cancelled. Will have to wait until 2021. I have sold on ebay in the past, have not listed any items for a few years now.

Still busy with getting Mothers estate ready for the estate auction on Sept. 12.,that has been taking up my time since July 4th. I was going to start to organize the advertising Jotters and then the non- advertising ones. First after the auction I need to catch up on yard work and house work [ place is a mess ] then maybe I will sell a few items.

I'm quickly falling for my first Parker 51:

20200827-085328.jpg

There couldn’t be a more beautiful set to have as your first...nice catch

I was going to sell at the Chicago Pen Show this year, but that was cancelled. Will have to wait until 2021. I have sold on ebay in the past, have not listed any items for a few years now.

Still busy with getting Mothers estate ready for the estate auction on Sept. 12.,that has been taking up my time since July 4th. I was going to start to organize the advertising Jotters and then the non- advertising ones. First after the auction I need to catch up on yard work and house work [ place is a mess ] then maybe I will sell a few items.

No hurry. Real life is more important than pens.

I was half kidding, but I am excited to know you may yet put some things out there. Advertising Jotters sound like fun, especially if they're all classic Wisconsin stuff like Milwaukee beers, etc.

I recently picked up my THIRD Burgundy 51 Special, with a gold nib but all the other hallmarks of a 51 Special. It must have been a natural thing for gold nibs to end up in Burgundy 51 Specials.

Paid less than $30.00 for this one and turned it in a blue bodied Aero.

A midnight blue Aero 51 with a M nib and a Kullock custom jewel. Built from a beat up burgundy special with a gold nib surprise in it.

A Kullock 51 fantasy white with a steel cap and custom jewel (built from original parts pens)

And a matte chrome steel nib 45. Im always surprised how well the 45 performs so Im getting back into these.

Thats all for THIS week LOL 🥴🥴

B2D1AC5E-51D2-4FEB-A6E3-C852C1FD23DA.jpeg

All this talk about the iconic Parker Jotter got be inspired to find one. This one has brass threads iand the Parker logo on the top of the actuator which should date it between 1973 and when Parker went to plastic threads circa 1980.

What I would like to discuss is if there is a gel refill available that would fit. Some like the Space Pen refill if an adaptor is included so that it works with the Parker.

fpn_1598606448__parker_jotter.jpg

Edited by Estycollector

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

All this talk about the iconic Parker Jotter got be inspired to find one. This one has brass threads iand the Parker logo on the top of the actuator which should date it between 1973 and when Parker went to plastic threads circa 1980.

What I would like to discuss is if there is a gel refill available that would fit. Some like the Space Pen refill if an adaptor is included so that it works with the Parker.

I have a stainless steel Jotter from the 90s - I'm running a blue Parker Gel refill in it that I like very much.

I have a stainless steel Jotter from the 90s - I'm running a blue Parker Gel refill in it that I like very much.

Thank you 🙏. I've decided to go with the Parker Gel black because I will use it on medical forms.

Edited by Estycollector

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

My pale green 41 arrived! The sac is not blackened - turns out it was full of a blue-black ink. Once I got to flushing, the sac is now just the common aged amber color, with perhaps a dark spot here or there.

It took forever to flush - way longer than most of my 21s - and I am not 100% sure I got it all. Make me wonder what brand ink it was? I have it sitting upright in my drying mug, wicking out into balled up toilet paper. I may do another flush in an hour or so, to be on the safe side.

The cap may have a slight scuff around the "R" in "PARKER", but otherwise it seems almost immaculate cap for a 60 yr old pen. The "stains" on the section may have just been a few drips of the ink that was in the pen. I will check more closely in a little bit, when I also check for cracks.

Provided no cracks and as long as the nib writes, I would say $39 was a heck of a bargain for a Parker 41. I was prepared to pay that much and more again to send it off for service, but it looks like I won't need to do so if the nib is okay. I'd say that pink 41 I tried to win was in rougher shape than this one - that auction winner still got a decent deal at $96 for a pink 41 and an Aero 51.

I will take some pics once I am done cleaning it up and am ready to throw some nice simple blue ink in there to test it. Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo should be fine, right? ;)

A nice addition to your collection. Sixty years old and going strong.How many of us will like to say the same of ourselves :lol: .

My pale green 41 arrived!

The cap may have a slight scuff around the "R" in "PARKER", but otherwise it seems almost immaculate cap for a 60 yr old pen.