What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

Today's impulse purchase. A UK aerometric senior Duofold (#35 nib) in red color with B nib and a Stephen lever fill No. 106 in black. The prices were tempeting. So bought them both.

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest pen for me is a Parker 20 1/2 with its box and instruction sheet. Haven't inked it up yet :(.

fpn_1591580661__img_20200608_133250.jpg

Latest pen for me is a Parker 20 1/2 with its box and instruction sheet. Haven't inked it up yet :(.

fpn_1591580661__img_20200608_133250.jpg

I trust you paid full retail, not less, not more.....LOL!! Very nice pen!!:)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

1945 Vac not sure of the model. Its not very big at all but not super small either. 129mm in length. .48 diameter. Has a loose cap band that I plan to correct ASAP. Its in great shape though. Nice and transparent.

1946 Parker 51 VAC in Dove Grey. Gold Filled cap. In great shape. I am now addicted to the 51. I see how so many are effected by this beautiful, workhorse pen. I am considering trading the newly acquired Parker Vacumatic above for another 51(let me know if you are interested anyone :D ....that is how instantly hooked I have become.

I also have a blue 1949 Aerometric 51 incoming.

post-143769-0-14002000-1591711462.jpeg

msg-143769-0-30638000-1591386978.jpeg

Edited by jcrowemag

The Vac is a third generation model (should have the plastic plunger under the blind cap. Can't tell for certain but it might be a Major. If there's a design on the cap band, almost assuredly a Major. Azure Blue Pearl is probably my favorite color on the Vacs (my first one was a little one, a sub-Debutante, and a couple of years ago (after discovering that Azure Blue was not just a 3rd Gen color) I got a 2nd Generation (metal plunger) one which I think is a Slender.

You can tell it's a 3rd Gen by the rounded end of the blind cap (1st and 2nd Generation models have blind cap jewels; 1st Generation models have the lockdown plunger, so a much shorter blind cap).

Not sure of the current status of that section of the site, but there's a thing on parkercollector.com where you can narrow down the year and model of Vacumatics by stuff like the size/shape of the blind cap and the style (and in some cases number) of cap bands.

Nice find. That has beautiful clarity to the celluloid.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Pix when you get the 51 in! I wanna know if you got a Teal or a Midnight Blue :D -- my first 51 as Teal; took me longer to get a Midnight Blue (and I paid more!) than I did for my Plum Demi.... :o

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The Vac is a third generation model (should have the plastic plunger under the blind cap. Can't tell for certain but it might be a Major. If there's a design on the cap band, almost assuredly a Major. Azure Blue Pearl is probably my favorite color on the Vacs (my first one was a little one, a sub-Debutante, and a couple of years ago (after discovering that Azure Blue was not just a 3rd Gen color) I got a 2nd Generation (metal plunger) one which I think is a Slender.

You can tell it's a 3rd Gen by the rounded end of the blind cap (1st and 2nd Generation models have blind cap jewels; 1st Generation models have the lockdown plunger, so a much shorter blind cap).

Not sure of the current status of that section of the site, but there's a thing on parkercollector.com where you can narrow down the year and model of Vacumatics by stuff like the size/shape of the blind cap and the style (and in some cases number) of cap bands.

Nice find. That has beautiful clarity to the celluloid.

ETA: Pix when you get the 51 in! I wanna know if you got a Teal or a Midnight Blue :D -- my first 51 as Teal; took me longer to get a Midnight Blue (and I paid more!) than I did for my Plum Demi.... :o

It's a midnight blue!!!! Steel cap....already searching for a gold filled.

Latest for me is several vintage Parkers, Some I previously had and was sold at some point and then re-bought.

• #16 with overlay
  • #42 1/2 with the band on barrel and cap top.
  • #18 with lucky curve Christmas tree feed,
  • #18 with a different lucky curve feed.
  • #23H
  • Over feed with lucky curve feed (overfeed version)

Sadly number of them are missing caps and the overfeed pen has a slight bend to the barrel :(.

fpn_1591741140__img_20200610_095837.jpg

Does anyone remember the actor, Fess Parker? Of course, I've never "used" him, and he died in 2010. So, therefore, this here particular post is completely irrelevant/unresponsive. My bad. Sorry about that.

Edited by donnweinberg

I was given a Canadian Vacumatic Oversize in emerald green and have only just this week sent it for a restoration. The lady who gave it to me said her father bought it in the 1930s. The lockdown filler mechanism was welded shut. I'm expecting it back this week and I'm looking forward to filling it with R&K Alt Goldgrun!

In the meantime I'd like to learn a little about the pen, for example what are the merits of these Canadian pens? Any information at all would be useful as my interest usually lies with Conway Stewart etc.

A very interesting thread and I've learned a lot already!

W.S.P

1949 51 Aerometric. Just received this in trade. Writes beautifully and will look fantastic after a clean and polish tonight. Too bad there is a big dent in the steel cap. I am loving the Parker 51 as of late! I have made up my mind to look for a trade with my Vacumatic from 45. Hopefully I can find someone looking to trade a nice 51.

08F967C1-FBCA-49A4-8190-510DD3C663E5.jpeg

1949 51 Aerometric. Just received this in trade. Writes beautifully and will look fantastic after a clean and polish tonight. Too bad there is a big dent in the steel cap. I am loving the Parker 51 as of late! I have made up my mind to look for a trade with my Vacumatic from 45. Hopefully I can find someone looking to trade a nice 51.

Nice pen, love the color combination. :)

Does anyone remember the actor, Fess Parker? Of course, I've never "used" him, and he died in 2010. So, therefore, this here particular post is completely irrelevant/unresponsive. My bad. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I used to watch the old TV show Daniel Boone when I was a kid.

No, you're not allowed to calculate my age from that....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yeah, I used to watch the old TV show Daniel Boone when I was a kid.

No, you're not allowed to calculate my age from that....

Same here. :lol:

My Parker 51 book finally arrived from Andy's Pens in the UK - only took about 3 weeks after he shipped it, which I consider a victory at this time.

It. Is. Gorgeous. :wub:

It was expensive. But I fear it's really going to cost me quite a bit of money when I start trying to track down pens from the book. Love the pics of the vintage ads, too, especially the one that shows a P-51 fighter plan and a Parker 51 -- I didn't realize the profiles were so similar.

This books makes me want to stop collecting all pens besides 51s, Specials, 21s, and any other pens in the family. :gaah:

My Parker 51 book finally arrived from Andy's Pens in the UK - only took about 3 weeks after he shipped it, which I consider a victory at this time.

It. Is. Gorgeous. :wub:

It was expensive. But I fear it's really going to cost me quite a bit of money when I start trying to track down pens from the book. Love the pics of the vintage ads, too, especially the one that shows a P-51 fighter plan and a Parker 51 -- I didn't realize the profiles were so similar.

This books makes me want to stop collecting all pens besides 51s, Specials, 21s, and any other pens in the family. :gaah:

Congratulations and best wishes on your hunt for those Parkers you want. I do think that having a strategy, only focusing on what you like will over time cost you less.

Edited by Estycollector