What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

I have just received an American market 1988 Duofold Centennial Collector Edition in Marbled Maroon. It is complete with origional packaging, pen stand, ink bottle (empty), Certificate of Authenticity and Platinum Club application papers (bit late for that as it only covered the first 10 years of the pen's life). Unfortunately something had been spilled on the pen stand which resulted in damage to the varnish but that should be easy enough to rectify. Whatever was spilled also splashed the pen's clip causind some green tarnish but that has been removed by some light polishing. Altogether a rather nice addition to my collection.

Peter

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently purchased a cheap "51 Special" on ebay, and it's probably going to need a thorough going-over. Let's assume I cannot do the work myself. If I have a 51 or 51 Special that needs a good cleaning and restoration, is parker51.com the place?

If not them, then who?

It's the place as far and I am concerned. http://parker51.com/index.php/repairs/

email: repairs@parker51.com

Edited by Estycollector

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Yeah, but what do you know? You collect Esties. :P

True, but with them I repair/restore my own. I sent Parker51 a gold/dove 1942 51 to restore. So, that the basis of my recommendation.

Duplicate

Edited by Estycollector

Duplicate

Edited by Estycollector

True, but with them I repair/restore my own. I sent Parker51 a gold/dove 1942 51 to restore. So, that the basis of my recommendation.

I was being silly, of course.

What kind of turn around time did you see?

I was being silly, of course.

What kind of turn around time did you see?

Mailed it on Tuesday from Tennessee to Utah and got it back the following Friday. Good communication throughout the reception and repair progress.

Mailed it on Tuesday from Tennessee to Utah and got it back the following Friday. Good communication throughout the reception and repair progress.

Awesome!

I have 3 later model P51’s on the way - the MKIII models - one of which claims to be rage red though I couldn’t be certain. I also have the parts to create a Navy Grey aero, and a pearly blue Kullock Vac creation that I’m REALLY excited about.

And I have the Parker 51 book arriving tomorrow. Honestly, I’m surprised that I haven’t ordered this yet given my long term love affair with 51’s!

That being said, I’ve spent too much lately, so some things are gonna NEED to go up for sale soon, I’m sure.

MD

And I have the Parker 51 book arriving tomorrow. Honestly, I’m surprised that I haven’t ordered this yet given my long term love affair with 51’s!

That being said, I’ve spent too much lately, so some things are gonna NEED to go up for sale soon, I’m sure.

MD

I'm a little ways off on the 51 Book, it having left England just today. I'm looking forward to it!

I suspect we can talk about an Aero 51 at some point, though not at the moment. LOL

I just ordered a 45 Arrow with a gold Fine nib. (can someone please delete my ebay account now? Please?)

I don't have an Arrow yet, but mostly I wanted the gold nib. I have a medium and a broad gold, but I didn't yet have a fine. (I should have checked, but I assume the 45 Arrow and the regular 45 nib sections are interchangeable? Maybe I will put a steel F nib on it and re-sell, if that model doesn't have to have a gold nib to be correct.)

I'm a little ways off on the 51 Book, it having left England just today. I'm looking forward to it!

I suspect we can talk about an Aero 51 at some point, though not at the moment. LOL

I just ordered a 45 Arrow with a gold Fine nib. (can someone please delete my ebay account now? Please?)

I don't have an Arrow yet, but mostly I wanted the gold nib. I have a medium and a broad gold, but I didn't yet have a fine. (I should have checked, but I assume the 45 Arrow and the regular 45 nib sections are interchangeable? Maybe I will put a steel F nib on it and re-sell, if that model doesn't have to have a gold nib to be correct.)

I believe all the nibs are interchangeable as I have switched several from steel to gold.

I believe all the nibs are interchangeable as I have switched several from steel to gold.

As I understand it, the only real difference is the caps - the Arrow 45 has a plastic cap with a slightly different look, compared to the metal cap of the other 45s.

As I understand it, the only real difference is the caps - the Arrow 45 has a plastic cap with a slightly different look, compared to the metal cap of the other 45s.

I believe that is true, though I suspect the Arrow was intended to be a cheaper mass market pen and is made with cheaper plastic

I believe that is true, though I suspect the Arrow was intended to be a cheaper mass market pen and is made with cheaper plastic

All the more reason to steal the gold nib from it!

Here are the newest additions to the Carguy Parker collection. I finally found a red 51. Put a red cap jewel on a 61 cap and its pretty.

Built a new navy grey 51 and added a navy and teal MKIII 51.

Flushed them all and added a coat of polish.

D719D2FD-0700-4023-B2BA-BAE9A265A873.jpeg

79323672-FE75-4767-AF8F-F9AB00AA6BDB.jpeg

Here are the newest additions to the Carguy Parker collection. I finally found a red 51. Put a red cap jewel on a 61 cap and its pretty.

Built a new navy grey 51 and added a navy and teal MKIII 51.

Flushed them all and added a coat of polish.

Very nice, Careguy. :)

My latest victories

Three canadian ones c.1942 accoridng to FPW - andres Lambrou.

canadian victory.jpg

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.