What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

I recently got around to re-sac'ing this 1940 striped duofold fountain pen. I'm told the imprint is uncommon since it is a generic "Parker" imprint rather than more typical "Parker Duofold". I've seen a couple of the generic imprints, but only on the 3 band button filling pens.

StripedDuofold1-min.JPG

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgeous! You can really see how that form led into 45, 75, and so many others. Iconic

At the Little Rock pen show I picked up a Lacquer Parker 75 and a gold cap Parker 65 both in excellent condition.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

At the Little Rock pen show I picked up a Lacquer Parker 75 and a gold cap Parker 65 both in excellent condition.

Vanness is in Little Rock, arent they? Maybe my fave online pen shop. Mike has always taken good care of me when I needed anything.

Dont have a 65 or 75 yet. So many Parkers; so little money...

Vanness Pen shop is wonderful! They are always a big part of the Little Rock Pen show! 75 miles from me but well worth the drive to visit Mike and Lisa! This was the first time I had even seen a 65, it is a wonderful pen! I already had several 75's but couldn't pass up this one for the price.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Would love to see your 75 and 65, if you would like to share pics!

Recently acquired a sterling silver Parker Sonnet with a factory stub nib.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1585261346__parker_sonnet_factory_stub.jpg

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1585261705__parker_sonnet_factory_stub_label.jpg

Here's the pen. Slightly tarnished sterling silver with gold plated band and clip. It's date coded IIL, 2nd qtr 1993.

fpn_1588889764__parker_sonnet_in_sterlin

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Nine! At least I don't feel so bad now!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new arrivals.

Make it 11. I ordered a 51 and a 51 Demi on ebay yesterday. This is not funny anymore. :yikes:

I like that "S" marking. Have not seen that before.

How's the pen working it for you? And how did you get that nib? Did you have to buy a regular one and then send it in for nib exchange?

@ sanesan -- That pen is gorgeous! Probably my favorite color of the Laidtones (I only have one Duofold and it's black; the Blue and Dusty Rose ones are both button fillers).

@NumberSix -- this is serendipity! I had just finished sending Vanness email about their awesome service before logging onto FPN today (and my current order hasn't even arrived yet -- but is out for delivery :bunny01:). And I hit the pay button about 11:30 PM EDT on Monday night.... (By Tuesday I had tracking info; by yesterday, when I could actual access the USPS tracking site, it was already in transit....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Make it 11. I ordered a 51 and a 51 Demi on ebay yesterday. This is not funny anymore. :yikes:

Oh well, at least you're still making me feel good, just one purchase today, another Arrow!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

@NumberSix -- this is serendipity! I had just finished sending Vanness email about their awesome service before logging onto FPN today (and my current order hasn't even arrived yet -- but is out for delivery :bunny01:). And I hit the pay button about 11:30 PM EDT on Monday night.... (By Tuesday I had tracking info; by yesterday, when I could actual access the USPS tracking site, it was already in transit....

When I place an order early enough in the day for them to process that day, I usually receive it within about 3 business days. Sometimes 4. Even now in this crazy time. (I ordered a new Bullet Journal and some inks from them a couple of weeks ago.)

Unlike another local pen business, from whom I overpaid for a Parker IM (bc I wanted to support this store). Placed the order on Monday, and as of today it's still "pending". Now maybe they are only shipping once a week, like PeytonStreetPens says they're doing. And that would be fine. It's still fine because once it ships I will probably have it the next day. But some communication about it would have helped. :P

Vanness (and Pen Chalet and Goldspot) have spoiled me by processing fast right now.

Come to think of it, maybe they didn't have the pen in stock and are ordering it from amazon or something? :angry: No, I can't think like that. :blush:

Oh well, at least you're still making me feel good, just one purchase today, another Arrow!

Glad I could be of assistance! Looking forward to seeing the new Arrow.

I like that "S" marking. Have not seen that before.

How's the pen working it for you? And how did you get that nib? Did you have to buy a regular one and then send it in for nib exchange?

I bought it from a fellow pen club member. It forces me to write larger than I usually do, but it is nice writing.

I'll post a photo of the whole pen a bit later today.

ETA: See the earlier post for the photo.

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Recently acquired a sterling silver Parker Sonnet with a factory stub nib.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1585261346__parker_sonnet_factory_stub.jpg

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1585261705__parker_sonnet_factory_stub_label.jpg

Here's the pen. Slightly tarnished sterling silver with gold plated band and clip. It's date coded IIL, 2nd qtr 1993.

fpn_1588889764__parker_sonnet_in_sterlin

Great to see a first year Sonnet with the original nib section with the additional gold ring.

Peter

The second of my 3 recent Ebay purchases (mentioned in my earlier post) arrived a couple of days ago, a Forest green 45 Classic GT. I've found it very difficult to get the green colour to show correctly in a photograph though.

20630C43-FAFC-4848-8892-2DB2492CFEF3.jpeg

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

The second of my 3 recent Ebay purchases (mentioned in my earlier post) arrived a couple of days ago, a Forest green 45 Classic GT. I've found it very difficult to get the green colour to show correctly in a photograph though.

Nice! I have an Olive and a Teal. This seems like it would be a nice color to fit between them.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get tired of the Vac system? It's super cool and holds an endless amount of ink. (I have yet to run a P51 dry, even with weeks of constant use.)

But I figured my P51 had to be running low on this 4001 Royal Blue fill, and I thought I might like to put Serenity Blue in it for a change. What a hassle trying to clean it out! It's been a few months since I changed inks, so I had kind of forgotten.

It's currently sitting nibdown in a wad of thick, soft toilet paper to hopefully wick all the remaining water out.

One of the best writers I have yet used. But I am tempted to pass it on to someone for a good price. Ugh.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

When I place an order early enough in the day for them to process that day, I usually receive it within about 3 business days. Sometimes 4. Even now in this crazy time. (I ordered a new Bullet Journal and some inks from them a couple of weeks ago.)

Unlike another local pen business, from whom I overpaid for a Parker IM (bc I wanted to support this store). Placed the order on Monday, and as of today it's still "pending". Now maybe they are only shipping once a week, like PeytonStreetPens says they're doing. And that would be fine. It's still fine because once it ships I will probably have it the next day. But some communication about it would have helped. :P

Vanness (and Pen Chalet and Goldspot) have spoiled me by processing fast right now.

Well, I put the order in very late Monday night, so it wouldn't have likely been processed till Tuesday. And the package arrived about a quarter after 5 yesterday afternoon. Note that that was with the free shipping option, I might add.... :D

Pens are drying after being flushed out yesterday evening.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, I put the order in very late Monday night, so it wouldn't have likely been processed till Tuesday. And the package arrived about a quarter after 5 yesterday afternoon. Note that that was with the free shipping option, I might add.... :D

Pens are drying after being flushed out yesterday evening.

I placed an order today, and I got the shipping notification within about two hours. No doubt I will have the package by about Tuesday. They're just that damn good. :bunny01:

Vanness order includes a brushed chrome w/ GT Shaeffer Prelude, so I will probably send back the stainless CT Sonnet I ordered the other day from another shop. Everything I have read says the Prelude is a better pen for the steel nib (designed by the same person, even?), and this one was on sale at a much better price point even than the entry-level Sonnet I purchased.

Edited by NumberSix