• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silverlifter

• Karmachanic

• dms525

• peroride

They are shipping pens. Have been for the last week or so.

As to taking orders, presumably the Covid lockdowns have impacted on their planned resume date.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

No idea where you got the intell. It does however seem rather unlikely since the first of may is a holiday in Belgium :)

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

I think they sent a newsletter a couple of weeks ago saying there may be further delays with opening new orders. The are still working through the backlog.

Oh yes! The 10 April one saying . . . "In the forthcoming six months, we will keep you posted on our recharge process" I did indeed miss that detail.

A year seems like a long time to be not taking orders.

It doesn't surprise me that Conid had to push back their restart date. I know they're still making pens during COVID but I'm sure they aren't working at full capacity, which means slowing down manufacturing and probably slowing down any retooling to speed up future production.

My understanding is that their "pause to restart" letter originally said that they would reopen May 1, but on April 10th they understandably had to move the reopening date back to "until further notice.

I doubt that the manufacturing of pens is considered an essential service in Belgium.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I doubt that the manufacturing of pens is considered an essential service in Belgium.

Yes. And it is possible that the Komec tooling is part of an essential supply chain otherwise....

FWIW, my recollection is that the original date for resuming online order-taking was May 4, which kind of makes more sense since it's a Monday. Anyway, that is moot.

During the interval, Conid's communication with those of us who had orders pending was infrequent but quite clear. They were re-tooling their production process and building up parts inventory. They have been shipping last Summer's orders for the past few weeks. I got my pen this week. It had been ordered in early August, 2019 with an original expected delivery date in November, 2019.

I would imagine that the Novel Corona Virus pandemic has impacted their plans, but they do seem to be assembling and shipping pens now.

David

It's not today yet>

Someone's a funny man! (Yes, looking your way, Karmachanic!) :D

> I got my pen this week.

Thank you for the update @dms525 and congratulations! :)

Your timeline helps those in the queue to keep the torch burning :thumbup:

> I got my pen this week.

Thank you for the update @dms525 and congratulations! :)

Your timeline helps those in the queue to keep the torch burning :thumbup:

I also got my Minimalistica this week (ordered July 31 2019).

Happy to say the pen is excellent, and the XF ground Ti nib is also just about perfect for me - it was the right choice for me to go down from a F for my handwriting, though. I was advised that Ti nibs tend to spread easily and effectively be wider than stated, even with a pretty light hand.

Thank you for the favorable report @inkypinkies :)

I ordered a spare Ti (F) so it is good to hear positive results. I enjoy a Bock Ti (M) on another pen and hope it goes the same with Conid.

For folks who received delivery, did you get advance notice, like an email with a writing sample? or did they just send the pen and tracking number?

For folks who received delivery, did you get advance notice, like an email with a writing sample? or did they just send the pen and tracking number?

I just got a notice that my pen had shipped and a photo of the pen. I didn't get a writing sample, since I ordered this pen without a nib, having ordered multiple nibs with a previous Conid. (I now have 2 Minimalisticas and a Standard).

FWIW, I found the Ti nib too flexible for my italic handwriting. It was making hairlines impossible with anything but a feather touch. I swapped in a stock Bock 1.1mm steel italic nib and then a Bock 14Kt gold custom-ground cursive italic nib. It's now writing very well.

David

Thank you David for the confirmation and your nib swap. :thumbup:

Glad to hear another positive tailored pen experience :) that will help others down the road.

Back in the early days, I recall their Bock 250 (size 6ish) Regular standard in a few forms: current flat top cylindrical and more curved streamlined and sleek like the Minimalistica form; now only the cylindrical form remains :unsure:

I would have gone Regular Sleek or even Streamlined but alas not an early adopter. :wallbash:

Maybe when the dust settles and the reboot process launches, we'll see a phoenix rebirth or other new models in the configurator. :P

Be well and enjoy pens ! :happyberet:

Maybe when the dust settles and the reboot process launches, we'll see a phoenix rebirth or other new models in the configurator. :P

Kingsize Minimalistica?

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Kingsize Minimalistica?

Maximalistica?