The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Back Online Again!

Dearest Members and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

NOTE: Your new login user name now is your old Display Name, alternative login option is your email address!

For more details, please check FPN News, here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356406-finally-back-online-again/?tab=comments#comment-4371649

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Can The Nib From A Sailor Promenade Go Into Any Other Pen?

Rate Topic 0

I'm not familiar with the Promenade. I have read, and believe, that to switch a nib from one Sailor to another, you have to stay within the same nib size. For instance, a nib from a Pro Gear Slim can go into a 1911S, because they both take the 14K smaller nib. Can't switch out 14K with 21K.

I am in need of the smaller Sailor nibs, 14K, in Broad or Zoom. What type of nib do you have?

Amongst Sailor models, the Pro Gear Slim, 1911S and Promenade use the same feed & nib.

There's a 1911S 21k version, so some 21k nib will fit.

Beyond that, I don't know about any other pens or brands that takes Sailor nibs.

Some people manage to marry parts and create a Frankenpen, but don't know what you're interested in.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For instance, a nib from a Pro Gear Slim can go into a 1911S, because they both take the 14K smaller nib. Can't switch out 14K with 21K.

That's not strictly true. There are Sailor Profit Standard models that come with 'medium-sized' 21K gold nibs; those can go into a Sailor Profit Standard, Professional Gear Slim and Promenade models, and even Kabazaiku and Koshu-inden models, that normally come fitted with 'medium-sized' 14K gold nibs with the 1911 imprint.

As far as I recall, Sailor's 14K nibs only come in the ‘medium’ size, whereas the 21K nibs come in ‘medium‘, ‘large' (for the Profit21 and Professional Gear 'Classic' models) and 'extra large' (for King Of Pen models).

I suspect they're also interchangeable with the (steel) nibs on the Sailor Procolor line.

Edited by A Smug Dill

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.