Show Through On Cheap Office Copy Paper Not A New Problem.....

Rate Topic 0

Seems like cheap office copy paper has plagued us for centuries...... :yikes:

fpn_1587919546__screenshot_2020-04-26_at

...the trick is not to hide the weakness, but flaunt it.

Inked

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inked

• inkstainedruth

• OCArt

• BaronWulfraed

inkstainedruth

Interesting. What's the book? I'm wondering whether it's paper or parchment.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It's the 15th-century Italian equivalent of Tomoe River: "Lots of showthrough, but I don't notice after filling the back side." :D

Ruth, to find the image, if using a browser on the desktop:

• right click the image, select "Copy Image Address"
  • go to google
  • paste the URL for the image into the search bar
  • you'll get no results, but a message "For matching images, try search by image"
  • click on that, and you'll get results

It works reasonably well, and definitely works for this one. https://bid.dreweatts.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/926/lot/6519?uact=5&aid=926&lid=6549&current_page=0

There are probably similar steps when on your phone/tablet.

Interesting. What's the book? I'm wondering whether it's paper or parchment.

I was just following a link from one of the calligraphy topics when I noticed this ancient show through issue.....

Walter Burley, Commentaries on Aristotle, De Physica, in Latin, illuminated manuscript on paper [italy (Venice), dated 24 February 1435/9]

https://bid.dreweatts.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/926/lot/6519?uact=5&aid=926&lid=6549&current_page=0

Inked

It's the 15th-century Italian equivalent of Tomoe River: "Lots of showthrough, but I don't notice after filling the back side." :D

Ruth, to find the image, if using a browser on the desktop:

• right click the image, select "Copy Image Address"
  • go to google
  • paste the URL for the image into the search bar
  • you'll get no results, but a message "For matching images, try search by image"
  • click on that, and you'll get results

It works reasonably well, and definitely works for this one. https://bid.dreweatts.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/926/lot/6519?uact=5&aid=926&lid=6549&current_page=0

There are probably similar steps when on your phone/tablet.

Good search engine!

Inked

inkstainedruth

I was just following a link from one of the calligraphy topics when I noticed this ancient show through issue.....

Walter Burley, Commentaries on Aristotle, De Physica, in Latin, illuminated manuscript on paper [italy (Venice), dated 24 February 1435/9]

https://bid.dreweatts.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/926/lot/6519?uact=5&aid=926&lid=6549&current_page=0

Inked

Thanks!

(Sorry YXZZY, but the directions you gave doesn't seem to work that way for Macs....). There was no way to get to the link behind the image. It just took me a page which had the image but nothing else (including navigation).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks!

(Sorry YXZZY, but the directions you gave doesn't seem to work that way for Macs....). There was no way to get to the link behind the image. It just took me a page which had the image but nothing else (including navigation).

Who's Mac?

Try the link below...

bid.dreweatts.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/926/lot/6519?uact=5&aid=926&lid=6549&current_page=0

Inked :)

Edited by Inked
  • 8 months later...
airstairesc

I wonder what they thought of it back then? Do you suppose they had long and detailed discussions the way we do?

A Smug Dill
On 4/28/2020 at 1:18 PM, inkstainedruth said:

(Sorry YXZZY, but the directions you gave doesn't seem to work that way for Macs....)

@XYZZY's instructions worked exactly as advertised on my Mac (running OS X 10.11.6 and Safari browser 11.1.2). 👍

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.