Two Different Parker 45 Yellow Colors

donnweinberg

The day after I purchased the six Argentine 45s, the seller informed me that nothing is shipping right now from there to the U.S. So, he'll ship when he can, or I'll get refunded if I can't wait. Same situation in Germany; nothing going to the U.S. for now.

Edited by donnweinberg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• donnweinberg

• Slimfish

• joss

• cabbie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joss,

The back of the blister packs are totally blank.

The more 45s I see from Argentina, the more little variations I see. All of the strange 45s I have are from there. I can only guess that Parker kept loose reigns on that factory and chose to let them run things a little different.

An extra difficulty is that pen parts made by the Argentina Parker subsidiary have been mixed with the 'fantasy Parker' barrels that were made by Kullock after closing down of the Argentina factory.

Your blister packs at least show that these pens are genuine Parker items.

I also wonder whether we should catalog these Argentina made Parker "Beta" pens as Parker 45 ballpoints or rather as 'belonging to the Parker 45 family'.

Joss,

I don't see these Betas as "Classic" 45s. I lump then into another category that only 45 collectors would find interesting to 45 history. That group includes Ariel Kullocks, Hero 800s, Moonman 80s, Wilson Coronets, etc. None of these are "Classic" 45s but their existence make 45 collecting more exciting.

fpn_1543178351__apc_logo_bw_square-02__7

• 8 months later...
Em 05/02/2020 às 19:59, gammada disse:

Uau! Isso é incrível. Muito obrigado por esta informação. Já tinha lido sobre o Brasil e a Alemanha, mas nunca vi nenhuma caneta feita ou montada lá. Adivinhe, ainda há um mundo de canetas Parker para encontrar!

A título de curiosidade, estes são alguns exemplares do Parker 45 fabricados no Brasil entre os anos 60 e 70, teve produção depois destes anos mas não tenho nenhum fotografado.

Os modelos são Custom, de Luxe, Classic, Insignia e Flighter.

Também sem fotos no momento temos Arlequim e Guilhoche.

Assim que possível, fotografo os outros para compartilhar com vocês.

Muitas das 45 peças fabricadas aqui no Brasil usaram peças feitas nos EUA, mas nós fabricamos todas as peças aqui também, acredito que foi por causa da alta demanda ou de alguma estratégia de mercado o motivo de recebermos algumas peças importadas em determinados períodos.

Com o tempo, outros modelos também foram fabricados na indústria brasileira, Jotter, 51, 21 entre outros ...

Saudações

WP_20210118_14_35_11_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_14_46_18_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_14_51_49_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_14_50_07_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_15_00_52_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_14_58_38_Rich (2) .jpg

WP_20210118_14_49_17_Rich (2).jpg

Edited by Switala
I sent the wrong photo

Wow, so beautiful!  I've never seen a P45 like that before. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Switala said:

Guilloche pattern, very beautiful. Parker 45 made in Brazil, 1970s.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

24 minutes ago, OCArt said:

Uau que LINDO! Nunca vi um P45 assim antes. Obrigado por compartilhar.

We have no literature on the pens produced by Parker here in Brazil. We also don't know where the factory's machinery and tooling went. But the information we obtained is from former employees and collectors who were active during the period in which these pens were produced. It is speculated that this finish is a prototype. Here we have knowledge of four fountain pens in the Guilloche pattern, with small variations. Two are mine. The cover clips are different. The other two have a black plastic section and one has a gold (deluxe) clip. A particularity is that they are extremely light and have a differentiated touch on the surface of the barrel, we have not yet reached a consensus on the material used, since it does not oxidize.

• 5 weeks later...

Switala, thanks for this, it's good to hear information from Brazil. I have one which has a blue section, I don't know with certainty that it was original to the pen but it has a made in Brazil steel nib (which has some pitting under the collar). The converter is like the one in your red pen, with the same style of band above the press bar, and stamped made in Brazil, but the pattern on the press bar is different. Have you seen others like this?

IMG_20210219_2244448.thumb.jpg.e1856d29604bcc65b90aa838b975a1d9.jpg

The plating has come off a little around press bar hole, and the metal beneath shows a yellow colour, which may be another layer of plating of a different metal to the top layer.

IMG_20210219_2246559.thumb.jpg.d11c8c6eef03f62e9ff437d4d40c6552.jpg

On 19/02/2021 at 20:17, hood said:

Switala , obrigado por isso, é bom ouvir informações do Brasil. Eu tenho um que tem uma seção azul, não sei ao certo se é original da caneta, mas tem uma ponta de aço made in Brazil (que tem alguns sulcos sob a gola). O conversor é igual ao da sua caneta vermelha, com o mesmo estilo de banda acima da barra de imprensa, e estampado made in Brazil, mas o padrão na barra de imprensa é diferente. Você já viu outros assim?

IMG_20210219_2244448.thumb.jpg.e1856d29604bcc65b90aa838b975a1d9.jpg

O revestimento se soltou um pouco ao redor do orifício da barra de prensagem e o metal abaixo mostra uma cor amarela, que pode ser outra camada de revestimento de um metal diferente da camada superior.

IMG_20210219_2246559.thumb.jpg.d11c8c6eef03f62e9ff437d4d40c6552.jpg

Hello, very good to hear news of more pens like this circulating, and then across the ocean !!! I had not seen any with the blue section, but without a doubt this color was one of those offered in the 45 custom and deluxe line. Until today, he had found only black and charcoal gray sections. But as we speculate that these pens were prototypes, there is no indication that yours is a replacement. Whenever I see a pen like this, it impresses me how they maintain their brightness, we still cannot determine with certainty what material the coating is.
The yellow material that appears in your converter is Brass, used in most Parker manufactured here, unfortunately the chrome and gold coatings were not as good as those made in the USA and tend to loosen. But I have some of these in excellent condition, I can give you a gift, so that you can keep the set in great condition.
You have a beautiful item there! Thanks for sharing.
Regards

• 8 months later...

Hi Switala, apologies for the late reply, I missed your last post and the new forum software doesn't seem to send me emails like the old one did. Thanks for the additional details, it's good to know. I always felt that the material was stainless steel with no plating or coating, as I would have thought any plating would have worn a little at least. This type of engraving is very effective at catching the light and adding that aspect of brightness to an object.