• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• como

• CS388

• Greenie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greenie , Yes it is a HR pencil that came in that antique box.. as a set. That pen is an eye-dropper with a under and over feed, Nib was very damaged and the cap has a crack and loose fitting. I cleaned and restored it with a no 2 nib and it is a marvellous writer now. I'll post some individual photos when they are ready with some writing. Thank you again.

Edited by Cjayant

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. Many Swan pens have excellent soft and flexible nibs.

Thank you Como , Exactly why I am into Swan pens. I love extra fine nibs and Swan pens changed me into Fine to med/broad nibs. I am not very good at writing Flex-style Super noodle writing. I am learning spencerian cursive writing so with swan or any vintage flex has an enormous chance to create your own style cursive writing. I am going to post some writing with some of my favourite vintage pens soon. Thank you again.

That's a very nice collection, indeed.

Looking forward to the individual shots, when they arrive.

Some of my favourite writers are Swans - such expressive nibs!

And, of all the brands, there's something about Swan that captures the essence of the age they came from.

Congratulations - and thanks for sharing.

Specerian is so beautiful and elegant. A Fine nib with some good flex would be perfect! Unfortunately I have neither the talent nor enough patience for such writing, try as I may :-)

The softness, expressiveness and vintage charm alone are already a great pleasure, even without practising calligraphy. I purchased the Swan pen book from Stephen Hull, the author last year. Have you seen or read it? It‘s a big heavy book with many photos. I had not realized that Swan pens came with so many different colours.

Well, enjoy your nice collection, thank you again for showing.

Thank you Como , Exactly why I am into Swan pens. I love extra fine nibs and Swan pens changed me into Fine to med/broad nibs. I am not very good at writing Flex-style Super noodle writing. I am learning spencerian cursive writing so with swan or any vintage flex has an enormous chance to create your own style cursive writing. I am going to post some writing with some of my favourite vintage pens soon. Thank you again.

• 4 months later...

I have few more pens aded into the family now and there's a Vintage Pencil and dip pen too. but the pen is without the nib but it is still a beautiful pen that takes any substitute dip pen nibs.

• 4 months later...

I have a nice collection, but it seems tiresome to pile them all up. I'd probably get to thinking about what I'd paid for them and that would never do.

I have just bought few more pens and again one more just today. It is an Eye dropper looks like another good pen.:wallbash:

I thought I am not going to buy anymore Swans !! I know my pockets are completely empty. But not for the Swans!!! 

• 4 months later...

Just received this pen today .  It is a Mabie Todd Gold plated ( Ladies type ) pen.

I am just testing the pen and it is great writer and need to fix few more things.

This is a having a medium Stubby type Italic Semi-Flex nibs .Feel more nice in my hand.

Mabie todds.jpg

By the way THIS IS MY HOME MADE INK AND I HAVE MADE IT WITH THAMES RIVER WATER.

I just thought  to call it  "Thames golden brown Ink"  for fun. 

It needs to be fix for more Viscosity and saturation. I am working on that.

Mabie todds 02.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_0130.jpg.8d86fdd38173d8072be5a28d6c5294ee.jpgThis

This ink I started with a dark yellow then I changed into  more saturated yellow.  So it looks like Golden Yellow.

The  top image shows more saturated golden as it looks more pleasing on many

papers.

The next one more darker into brown with a dip nib shows how it react with a flex nib.

IMG_0129.jpg.388ddf4bf640d98eab1042383475bbd1.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have just won a bid on a beautiful pen and It will come to me soon. 

It is a Mabie Todds Desk pen and it seems to me it is a rare pen. That's why I had really gone to get it. 

I am happy I got it.

I'll post some writing samples when I got it. 

(I have a photo from the listing and credit goes to the owner of this seller for this photo.)

s-l1600.jpg

• 1 year later...

My Mabie family has grown big and I have few major  pens that I have aded within the last year. I'll soon do an update to add those new pens I have added to my small collection.

• 4 weeks later...

My recent  Mabie Todds Swan pen add to my small collection.

I got them last week and out of the above 4 Pens one is completely Restorated and the rest of the 3 pens  need to change the sacks and full cleaning and polish.   Two pens are  having EEf nibs and a stub nib and a medium flex nib.

right underneath is a Waterman's Ideal 56 pen with a soft Fine nib.

IMG_0201.jpg