Calligraphy And

fpupulin

I am opening this topic in this forum, because the Montblanc forum is one of my favorites on this network, but not only. In fact, I present an exercise, which was born to give my ideas a calligraphic shape, made with two of my Meisterstück 149, the recent Calligraphy with its beautiful flexible nib and another 149 with BB nib, a pen from 1984. And on the same sheet I also present a drawing, made with the Calligraphy pen, which engages in a self-portrait and a portrait of her sister with the double bold nib. Very Montblanc, as you can see ...

fpn_1586739276__penmanship_with_montblan

An anecdote about the realization of this operetta. I drew the second pen, the one next to the cap, after shading the first one on the right. While drawing, it is frequent to turn the sheet to give it the best orientation with respect to the position of the hand and to be able to execute the lines without hesitation. On various occasions, as I moved the paper, I perceived the pen drawn on the right out of the corner of my eye and I got ready to grab the pen before it rolled off the table, ha ha ha ... Deceived by my own trompe l'oeil!

fpn_1586739323__penmanship_with_omega_ch

The second frame adds nothing to what we already know from the first, but the light reflected by the chronograph dial was so magical that I had to photograph it, and now share it with the friends of the forum.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• DrDebG

• Pointyscratchy

• yubaprof

Top Posters In This Topic

Franco, your posts are always enjoyable. I very much admire your artistry, not only regarding technique, but also regarding your imagination.

David R.

Fantastic calligraphy and illustration. Thank you for sharing it.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I'm very glad this was posted in this section, it's beautiful.I have a few thoughts on it.There is something about a fountain pen, and also about a drawn one, but two drawn pens hints at mans communication.Rather than try to appear cleverer than i am i've pasted this off the internet because it's the image it reminded me of;

What does the two hands almost touching mean?

God's right arm is outstretched to almost be in touch Adam's left hand, signifying the spark of life being passed to humanity. Both God's and Adam's fingers are not in contact, which signifies the gap that exist between them, and that they are not on the same level, as would be with two people shaking hands.

Creation of Adam by Michelangelo - Michelangelo.net

This is of course the famous fresco on the casting chapel ceiling, and the part of it with two hands which most of us are familiar with.In the uk it was used as the intro to a tv program the south bank show for many years and makes me think of creativity- the spark between two hands-. I never knew that one of the hands was god's.

In any event if either of these hands needed a pen, or if the artist Michelangelo needed one, can i heartily recommend the two illustrated above (although i prefer an ef, and am too hamfisted for calligraphy nib, but when the curve nib comes out may give that a shot.)

edited: I meant to add- is that a typo on seamaster

Edited by Pointyscratchy

The hands on that watch are some sort of treated gold that gives it the appearance. I have the same thing in a GMT. I also have a 149 in BB but that is where our similarity ends, very impressive art.