Good News From Conid !

fountainbel

Hi all,

FYI, below a copy of the newsletter Conid published last Friday.

It looks all works out as planned.

Hopefully the terrible Covid 19 virus will not further interfere...

Best regards,

Francis

Dear Conidfan,

We are currently living through a period of uncertainty that we'll never forget. The first thing we want to say on behalf of everyone at Conid is that our thoughts are with you.

Like many of you, we are trying to do what we can to help our customers and the larger community navigate this challenging time.

At this moment we are still working hard to catch up and reduce our backlog. Of course we apply all social distancing measures, and all shipments are carried out with highest awareness for hygiene.

As soon as we're ready for the relaunch of the Condi Bulkfiller, we'll inform you .

In the meantime, stay safe!

The Conid Team

What we have done already

A few months ago Conid announced to stop accepting new orders due to the great success of our Bulkfillers. The main goal is to create the greatly needed peace and time to complete the long awaited open orders and maintaining the same quality and individual care as we always have. Zero compromises! Thank you to everyone for the support and understanding.

At this moment, we have already taken several initiatives.

R&D

The Conid team is continuously occupied with R&D. A lot of improvements have been made in the past few months on how parts are produced and measured. The main goals here are the ultimate balance between efficiency, quality and production time. We embrace this challenge with unconditional confidence, and each team member has a crucial role in the creation process of a Bulkfiller.

Stock

With the focus on relaunching soon, plenty of bottlenecks have been solved by increasing the production batch quantities. We just want to be more than ready and cannot afford shortages in crucial parts. An interesting fact: at this very moment, Conid has 164 unique parts in it’s pool, to build up all the variations of only 5 different models. On top of that, all the different nib sizes, and from XF to BB combined, there are 50 standard nib choices to keep in stock as well. These numbers might indicate the challenge that is connected to keep track and maintain the total stock.

Building building building...

For some who are awaiting their pen to be shipped, with the due date passed for several months, it might seem as we have slowed down and come to a stop. The truth is that in the past few months more pens have been assembled than ever before, and each week we ship what we can.

We want to explicitly share our greatest appreciations for the amount of patience and support that we ask from you!
Kind regards,
The Conid team

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• fountainbel

• peroride

• Linger

Thank you @fountainbel, @Karmachanic and @silverlifter also got us up to speed on the update.

It's good to hear vital signs. :)

I hope the team maintains health following local measures to prioritize their well-being over work.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I for one waited this long and can wait longer given this unprecedented global shutdown.

Looking forward to the relaunch when this pandemic settles down! :thumbup:

Good to see them reach out! I sincerely hope the Sisyphus boulder is on top of the backlog mountain and that it stays there. However...and I might be splitting hairs over the words used in the mailing...

- “as soon as we are ready for relaunch”?

- the backlog is still not fully reduced, after 5,5 of the intended 6 months?

To me that does not sound like a strong confirmation that 1 May will be the date. Anyway, where there is hope, there will be pens.

Good to see them reach out! I sincerely hope the Sisyphus boulder is on top of the backlog mountain and that it stays there. However...and I might be splitting hairs over the words used in the mailing...

- “as soon as we are ready for relaunch”?

- the backlog is still not fully reduced, after 5,5 of the intended 6 months?

To me that does not sound like a strong confirmation that 1 May will be the date. Anyway, where there is hope, there will be pens.

Yes, I believe the date went from May 1 to "as soon as we are ready." I have no issues with this, as times right now are crazy - simply noting.

Edited by WLSpec

• 2 weeks later...

I also look forward to see the "creation" of these unique, craft quality pens to be available. Let the disadvantage of these insecure times be an opportunity to catch up and be back as (never) before, up up up ! :thumbup:

Oh, yes: I want a Condi Bulkfiller! I wonder if it's one step up from a Bulkfiller? ;)

Anyone else notice the typing error? Or was I the only one?

I love my Minimalistica and certainly would like a Bulkfiller, one day up the line...

As soon as we're ready for the relaunch of the Condi Bulkfiller, we'll inform you>

Apologies to Conid people! :)

I got to try one of the slim models a couple of years ago. There were a bunch of small workshops at the end of the day the year I went to the Baltimore-Washington Show and at one of them someone passed one of those to try. Very nice pen, as I recall -- just not something in my budget at the time.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."