The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Dearest Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

Registration with automated checks is working again, with the introduction of our upgraded site!

You may do so here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/?_fromLogout=1

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

cherrymerry
Rate Topic 0

cherrymerry

I have Wing Sung 590 and I accidentally broken the feed. I glued it and it looked ok, then I filled my pen but get a lot of skipping. So I thought that I blocked channels with glue and I deepen the channel with scalpel, then tried to write. The result was even worse. Then I thought that may be I made a channel too deep so I placed a piece of thread at the end of the feed. And it worked!

Now the question is: how to reduce depth of the feed?

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cherrymerry

• CS388

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some success using wax (candle wax or beeswax). Melted it and filled the feed channel. When it had hardened, I carved most of it back out, leaving the desired depth of channel.

It worked for me - but, I am not a professional repair person and have only done this to my own pens. Try it at your own risk!

Good luck.

cherrymerry

I've had some success using wax (candle wax or beeswax). Melted it and filled the feed channel. When it had hardened, I carved most of it back out, leaving the desired depth of channel.

It worked for me - but, I am not a professional repair person and have only done this to my own pens. Try it at your own risk!

Good luck.

Thanks for good idea. I guess a hard solid of paraffin would work.