Montblanc Meisterstück Le Petit Prince Special Edition 146 Petit Prince And Planet Ef

Tom Kellie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Madeline

• sebastel23

• Uncial

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a splendid collection of photographs!

Nice to see you back, Tom - and congratulations on your new acquisition. Not to mention an impressive collection of inks!

The nib seems to have an interesting upward sweep at the tip, is that a special order? Or the regular EF style?

(Or maybe my old eyes playing tricks on me?)

Thanks for sharing - and stay safe.

Best wishes, CS

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1588156392__in_eslite_spectrum.jpeg

In the Eslite Spectrum Writing Boutique, MixC World, Shenzhen

fpn_1588156459__le_petit_prince_planet_w

Le Petit Prince and Planet EF with Taccia Ukiyo-e Inks

Tom, weren't you afraid that one of those cherries would fall into the ink bottle? :lol:

fpn_1588653030__adrienne_holding_the_mon

Ms. Adrienne G. of SCIE School Holding the Le Petit Prince and Planet 146 EF

fpn_1588653175__holding_the_ef_pen.jpg

Holding the Montblanc Le Petit Prince and Planet Special Edition 146 EF Pen

• 4 weeks later...

~ In the nearly two months of daily writing with this pen, it's become apparent that the EF nib is outstanding.

There's a slight softness to it which is discernible without being unduly obtrusive.

It's possible to sketch with a light touch, which is highly appreciated.

This pen is well worth considering. A highlight of 2020 as far as my writing desk is concerned.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom, for sharing this.

This pen is now on my wish list.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

fpn_1590651449__montblanc_outdoors_in_re

Poinciana, Modena Red and 146 Petit Prince and Planet EF

fpn_1590651449__montblanc_outdoors_in_re

Poinciana, Modena Red and 146 Petit Prince and Planet EF

Tom - could we please see a writing sample with the modena red, I have resisted this ink thus far.

Tom - could we please see a writing sample with the modena red, I have resisted this ink thus far.

me also curious. please please, pretty pretty please?

me also curious. please please, pretty pretty please?

fpn_1590676781__modena_red.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those who would like to know, the LPP burgundy colour is very slightly darker and with more of a brown tone than the 90's 146 burgundy release. Mine arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. Like Tom mentioned, the metal piston nob adds a bit of back weight but in a positive sense

For those who would like to know, the LPP burgundy colour is very slightly darker and with more of a brown tone than the 90's 146 burgundy release. Mine arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. Like Tom mentioned, the metal piston nob adds a bit of back weight but in a positive sense

Thank you, Uncial, for this information.

I had this impression, but no chance to verify it. I was waiting for the objective observations made by the owner of both pens, who could compare them side by side. Very useful tho know.

It's very subtle and at first I thought it might just be the abundance of gold trim tricking my eye, but when covered up and compared there is a difference. The resin looks and feels of a better quality than the 90's release and is very highly polished. Between the resin and the metal piston nob it might be a bit of a finger print magnet. It's a really lovely pen, but if I had to nit pick I would have preferred a different choice of font for the cap crown inscription; it looks a bit more functional than decorative.

In burgundy and gold, this is indeed stunning. And as a fan of St Ex, I find it doubly so! I am intrigued by the balance achieved by the inclusion of the metal piston knob. Do any other 146s have that feature (special editions or any others)?

(With apologies if I'm taking this in the wrong direction,,, if this might be covered in another thread?)

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

I am eagerly awaiting the Le Grande version of this pen. I ordered it three months ago, but was sent the Classique size by mistake. The dealer has received the pen, and I hope to receive notice that the correct one has been shipped very soon.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

In burgundy and gold, this is indeed stunning. And as a fan of St Ex, I find it doubly so! I am intrigued by the balance achieved by the inclusion of the metal piston knob. Do any other 146s have that feature (special editions or any others)?

(With apologies if I'm taking this in the wrong direction,,, if this might be covered in another thread?

The blue and brown editions also had the metal piston nob. Having written quite a bit more with it I'm finding the balance really pleasant to use (I post)

The blue and brown editions also had the metal piston nob. Having written quite a bit more with it I'm finding the balance really pleasant to use (I post)

Thank you! What a special piece of engineering to add to these 3 very flight-worthy pens!

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain