No International Mail From Japan

mke

I've had a package accepted 4/9, sitting at Oaska INT. I'm optimistic that it'll arrive eventually. It seems they have an option for sellers to retrieve their packages? Has anyone tried this?

I was able to quickly receive a DHL package from Japan.

Similarly, I have a large package of pens (more than 50 fountain pens) sitting at Osaka International since the 13th. I've spoken to Zenmarket and tried to have the parcel retrieved but according to them, EMS is unwilling to retrieve packages that have already arrived at the airport and basically said that if I wanted to go through with it, it'll probably take months to retrieve the package as well, so it is better to just sit and wait. I have another large package waiting to be shipped out in the next few days and this time, I'll ship DHL or FedEx, regardless of the price

Edited by VintageCollector

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• Tseg

• stan

• KingsCountyWriter

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thank you for sharing your experience. I shipped a package DHL last week and it arrived in 3d from Japan.

I'm going to let my item sit at Osaka and hope to be pleasantly surprised when there is some movement on the package.

White Rabbit shipped a package to me via EMS on April 13th and it had been in “acceptance” since that time. With the recent shutdown of EMS, I’d resigned myself to having to wait at least a couple of months for the package to arrive, but I’m happy to say the tracking info was updated today and the package has been dispatched.

White Rabbit shipped a package to me via EMS on April 13th and it had been in “acceptance” since that time. With the recent shutdown of EMS, I’d resigned myself to having to wait at least a couple of months for the package to arrive, but I’m happy to say the tracking info was updated today and the package has been dispatched.

Thanks for the update! My EMS package was posted on the 13th, so seems like it'll ship out for me soon as well. Good to see that EMS is slowly working through the backlog of packages

Edited by VintageCollector

The "mail situation" will last much longer - the emergency situation with self-restraint has been extended until 5/31.

My Japan Post item with April 1st "Acceptance" still has no movement since then.

I flagged to the auction site the item was not received just so I don't get left "holding the bag" - wanted some documentation that I continue to wait - not sure what the fine print says about claim windows in case it never shows up? My intent is to continue to wait. I imagine the vendor would have a tough time retrieving.

My Japan Post item with April 1st "Acceptance" still has no movement since then.

I flagged to the auction site the item was not received just so I don't get left "holding the bag" - wanted some documentation that I continue to wait - not sure what the fine print says about claim windows in case it never shows up? My intent is to continue to wait. I imagine the vendor would have a tough time retrieving.

Have you contacted the company or your credit card company? I think being pro-active might be of benefit because of these unprecedented circumstances.

Edit:

The seller is recalling my item from JPost. I guess the plan is to move on to another courier because nothing is moving. Anyone have a similar experience?

Edited by mr_mbp

Have you contacted the company or your credit card company? I think being pro-active might be of benefit because of these unprecedented circumstances.

Edit:

The seller is recalling my item from JPost. I guess the plan is to move on to another courier because nothing is moving. Anyone have a similar experience?

Strange. I have a small collection of vintage Grand and King Seikos, and I bought another a few weeks ago from Yahoo Auctions. It sailed through EMS on both sides as if these were normal times.

Too many pens; too little writing.

My item that was collected on JPost in Oita on March 30 was finally dispatched from Osaka on May 7. Hopefully it will be in my hands before the end of next week.

My item that was collected on JPost in Oita on March 30 was finally dispatched from Osaka on May 7. Hopefully it will be in my hands before the end of next week.

^^^ Encouraging.

So I'm a bit torn... my auction site purchase was 48 days old and still sitting in a Japanese post office awaiting departure. I was 10 days past the identified receipt window on the auction site so was getting nervous about my claim rights so I clicked the button "item not yet received" and also clicked that I was still interested in receiving it. The auction site gave the vendor 5 days to respond.

The time window was nearly up and now I just received a full refund, no questions asked, no warning. The bad news is now to buy an exact replacement is at least $35 more. Maybe I'll just enjoy the money in my pocket for now.

While it is the opposite direction, apparently, there is no shipping to Japan from US either.

Well, I'm finally getting my shipment packed up with Fedex. I wonder how long it will take in comparison to EMS. Before, EMS took 3-4 days to get to me from Japan.

Another Osaka Castaway here.

Stranded at Osaka since 4/16.

It's OK, I am willing to wait for my Rotring.

Happy to report DHL is much faster. Just shipped a package from Japan that got picked up in Osaka on this Wednesday evening in Japan and estimated delivery by tomorrow. Seems only EMS is affected.

> Seems only EMS is affected.

DHL, Fedex, UPS have own cargo airplanes, EMS not.

In regards to Buyee shipping to the USA: only DHL and sea-mail are available at the moment and due to SAL, EMS, Airmail, etc. being affected by Japan Post's limited services, the free storage period will be extended until Japan Post resumes operations.

So for those using Buyee, you should be O.K.

So I'm a bit torn... my auction site purchase was 48 days old and still sitting in a Japanese post office awaiting departure. I was 10 days past the identified receipt window on the auction site so was getting nervous about my claim rights so I clicked the button "item not yet received" and also clicked that I was still interested in receiving it. The auction site gave the vendor 5 days to respond.

The time window was nearly up and now I just received a full refund, no questions asked, no warning. The bad news is now to buy an exact replacement is at least $35 more. Maybe I'll just enjoy the money in my pocket for now.

Interestingly, I just heard from the Japan seller ^^^^. Even though he reimbursed me my $$, he advised he could not retrieve the item from the post office so he is relying on me to either refuse the delivery or pay him when the pen arrives, whenever that is. This is obviously trusting on his part (I'm not sure that was his original intent). At this point I likely will reverse the refund when the pen pen arrives and keep the pen, especially since these Japanese pens are now selling at a premium. All things considered, this is an optimal scenario for me.

I just received an item that was dispatched to EMS on April 14th. It sat in Osaka for quite awhile and I just got it in the mail today.

Another package, sent through trackable JapanPost (not EMS) on the 30th of March, just arrived in Chicago. Hopefully I'll have it by Saturday this week.

No more purchases in Japan until the restrictions have been lifted! Will someone please remind me?