Diamine Inkvent Inks Available As The Blue Range From Monday 30Th March 2020

NickiStew

The Diamine Blue range will be available from Monday 30th March 2020. Featuring all 25 colours from the Inkvent Calendar each ink comes in a fabulous and unique 50ml glass bottle. Due to the Covid 19 situation availability outside of Europe will depend on politics and logistics. All products available in UK, Netherlands and Germany as far as I know.nick-stewart-winter-miracle.jpg

nick-stewart-gold-star.jpg

Edited by NickiStew

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JulieParadise

• amberleadavis

• dennis_f

• NumberSix

Oh wow!

***WANT!!!***

And I am not ashamed to admit I want these more for the bottles than for the ink, though that ink is pretty darned nifty, too!

***AUGGGHHHH SQUEEEEEE!!!***

(adores the little feet on those bottles)

(recovering composure...)

As to the design of the bottles, the curving sides/bottom edges might also make these bottles easy to grip.

Lord knows, I need to get a better one.

Grip, I mean.

On my inky avarice--erm, *appreciation*.

Appreciation.

Yes.

That.

Edited by taimdala

Bold bottle design by Diamine. Saw some interesting in their Inkvent collection so might pick up one or two.

Thanks to you, I just ordered a bottle of Noel from Pure Pens, along with an ebonite Noodler's Neponset (Pilgrim green LE).

$55, after using their MARCH10 coupon for 10% off. :yikes:

Thanks to you, I just ordered a bottle of Noel from Pure Pens, along with an ebonite Noodler's Neponset (Pilgrim green LE).

$55, after using their MARCH10 coupon for 10% off. :yikes:

Nice one! The GB£ is taking a real hammering too, so, if you're living outside of UK... fill yer boots!

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Got an email blast today from Pure Pens that they are sending one person a day into the office all by themselves to pack orders, which they then leave for Royal Mail to come pick up.

They said they will do that as long as Royal Mail will keep picking up packages from them, which could end at any time since they're not exactly essential business.

Nice one! The GB£ is taking a real hammering too, so, if you're living outside of UK... fill yer boots!

Indeed. The order was something like 48 GBP, which is nearest to 1:1 exchange rate I have ever seen in my lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting! I went to Diamine's webpage and they only have a notice the factory and shop are closed until further notice. The website is completely locked down too, so cannot even browse.

• 3 weeks later...

Since Diamine's Inkvent Calendar was so much fun aaand I still have leftovers from every colour aaaaand there is a #30inks30dayschallenge going in the German Penexchange forum, I thought you might like to go on another journey with me as I post the first 25 inks I chose for that here -- coincidentally just the 25 inks from the Inkvent :P that are now available as the Inkvent Blue Edition

#01 is Blue Peppermint, a light turquoise shimmer ink. Note the difference a wet nib makes! I have this ink in a Sailor Pro Gear Slim black/gold with a rather dry 14k zoom nib, secondly in a Pilot Parallel Pen with a juicy 6 mm nib and, the main pic being an old one from December, in a juicy and wet Sailor 14k music nib. The glistening "blue" in the middle on the left was written with the fine edge of the 6 mm PPP nib.

fpn_1588337009__2020_05_01_divc-be_blue_

Since Diamine's Inkvent Calendar was so much fun aaand I still have leftovers from every colour aaaaand there is a #30inks30dayschallenge going in the German Penexchange forum, I thought you might like to go on another journey with me as I post the first 25 inks I chose for that here -- coincidentally just the 25 inks from the Inkvent :P that are now available as the Inkvent Blue Edition

#01 is Blue Peppermint, a light turquoise shimmer ink. Note the difference a wet nib makes! I have this ink in a Sailor Pro Gear Slim black/gold with a rather dry 14k zoom nib, secondly in a Pilot Parallel Pen with a juicy 6 mm nib and, the main pic being an old one from December, in a juicy and wet Sailor 14k music nib. The glistening "blue" in the middle on the left was written with the fine edge of the 6 mm PPP nib.

Thanks for continuing to photos of these inks Julie. They're gorgeous, and totally make my day.

D.

Thanks for continuing to photos of these inks Julie. They're gorgeous, and totally make my day.

D.

Thank you for your kind comment! We all need some colour & joy, especially now, and I am determined to have fun with my inks and share it. Glad you enjoy the photos! :)

Today's ink is Candy Cane red, a perfectly perfect name since the colour has just the right amount of pinkish coolness added to the red. I fear I could not capture it in the pics, sorry, I blame the overcast weather here today :blush:

Pens are a vintage Montblanc 342G OBB and a Sailor Pro Gear Tequila Sunrise Naginata Togi nib that is wet but does not give as sharp a line as the Montblanc does and so the ink comes down lighter.

fpn_1588427424__2020_05_02_diamine_ivc-b

Edited by JulieParadise

Day #03 of May recap of Diamine's Inkvent Series, now re-released as the Blue Edition

Snow Storm, a light cool grey with silver glitter. Unfortunately it was drier in my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA (normally unimpressed by glitter or heavy saturation) than back in December in a Pilot Parallel Pen, of which you can see the feed in the lower part of the album page. Although this might seem scary, believe me, at least in a modern pen with a plastic feed, especially one you can easily disassemble, there is nothing to worry about. All of the glitter ist water soluble and washes out completey.

fpn_1588542676__2020_05_03_diamine_ivc-_

The fourth ink from the Diamine Inkvent Calendar, now available as an ink within the Blue Edition, is the high sheener Polar Glow, a saturated dark blue with pinkish sheen. Since this ink is not too dry and just a bit smeary, I like to use it in my OMAS Dama with a slightly wet F-nib (see the collage). The first example was written with a wetter fine-nibbed Montblanc 144. Papers are Life Noble A5 lined & Midori MD lined+wide margin.

fpn_1588600861__2020_05_04_damine_ivc_po

fpn_1588600877__2020_05_04_divc-be_polar

I got Midnight Hour. Nice somewhat dry dark blue with red sheen. Will post pics soon. Wild bottle an surprisingly large, don't know why I expected a little bottle. Looks like it wants to go for a square dance.

Edited by GreenMountain