Morbus Curiositas

Diamine Teal vs. De Atramentis Pigeon Blue

2J9ovQ5m.jpg sQ2nJXxm.jpg

Both these inks are inspired by colour found on birds

2FCCJ0Bb.jpg C97BOvfb.jpg

For the people who have no knowledge of birds. The Bird on the Right is a Parakeet which modelled for Diamine and the bird on the right is a bald eagle which inspired De Atramentis :D

Colour Comparison

Just as these birds and their colour are different both inks and birds also have some familiarities

Y3aYKNG.jpg

kndYFIFm.jpgAxiwHF1m.jpg

The De Atramentis ins seems to be a bit bright like the colour on the Pigeon. The Teal to my eyes is darker

XT2Xqouh.png

pEDwsOWh.png

Ink Behaviour

Both inks are very smooth writers ad well saturated. Neither of these ink feater bleed or show through.

i8rhBE2h.jpg

NVfprayh.jpg

Although there is no sheening in neither of these inks they do shade The Pigeon blue seems a little bit better but the diference is neglectible

Both inks seem to hold their liquor ;)

NqqBuprh.jpg

I smeared both inks with wet fingers but both texts stay legible :thumbup:

Availability

La Couronne du Comte I guess Dennis and Rik would even travel to the moon to get it for you (just pay them a million or 2) Well it is safe to say that they do almost everything to satisfy their customers… Considering

http://www.lacouronneducomte

Bankers have Rothshield Ink lovers have the Goulet Pen Company. Rachel and Brian carry the almost* largest assortment of ink on earth an it's near surroundings

http://www.gouletpens.com

(*almost Dear Amberlea Davis carries the largest assortment in the universe but is not a seller

Larry Post of Australia is a Great Supplier of Stationary and Artist Equipments. They carry a lot of De Atramentis Inks

http://www.larrypost.com.au/

The same applies to Singapore based Arters of the utterly friendly Yitpeng and WeetekOng

http://arters.com.sg

Conclusion

Both inks have well saturated beautiful blue greenish colours and both behave very well, they are a joy to write with.

I cannot pick a favourite….

But I do not have to… I Own Both :D :D :D

Edited by Morbus Curiositas

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• gmax

• amberleadavis

• AntiqueApprentice

Great review, cheers

Thanks

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

They look similar in the writing samples, though quite different in splash/swatch!

Thank you for the comparison :)

✒️ :happyberet:

Wonderful comparison. Thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

They look similar in the writing samples, though quite different in splash/swatch!

Thank you for the comparison :)

On paper there is different though ...

I vsn write you a sample if you want

Thank you, but I already have more ink than I know what to do with, so I don't need an introduction to another brand :rolleyes:

Keep well :)

✒️ :happyberet:

Thank you, but I already have more ink than I know what to do with, so I don't need an introduction to another brand :rolleyes:

Keep well :)

I believe I have 200 bottles of ink but still cannot stop me buying more...

Maybe I should visit a psychiatrist :wallbash: :wallbash: