Corona Virus And Pen Show Exhibits

Rate Topic 0

Face mask may help too...

Wrong infection vector - only way a mask will help is if it's surgical (so not the vast majority bought in chemists around the world) and is worn by the person who's just sneezed.

Main vector is touching a surface an infected person has previously touched, then touching your eye, nose, mouth, etc - or just eating by hand after.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen lady

• corniche

• Karmachanic

• travberg

Well, this has been interesting. I've got about a month to try and find a bottle of hand sanitizer. Having that on the table is about the best I can do, that and keep my fingers crossed.

Karmachanic

Wrong infection vector - only way a mask will help is if it's surgical (so not the vast majority bought in chemists around the world) and is worn by the person who's just sneezed.

Main vector is touching a surface an infected person has previously touched, then touching your eye, nose, mouth, etc - or just eating by hand after.

Surgical masks are what the vast majority buy at the chemists. N95/100 masks, which fit firmly around the nose/mouth/chin do offer protection from airborne transmission. Best to get the respirator version.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

I just attended the LI show and only brought hand sanitizer for me and my partner to use. I didnt wanna leave it out because people have been stealing the stuff because of how hard it is to get. My father had a women steal his CVS store use bottle right from the pharmacy's counter a week ago. Also please note that turn outs will be low at these shows. LI's turnout on Saturday felt more like a slow Sunday afternoon. I decided to not attend the Sunday show especially after I found out NY issued a state of an emergency Saturday evening.

Edited by GoldenNibs
  • 4 months later...

Is anyone else fearful of pen shows restarting? It seems like an ideal environment to pass the virus amongst people who may have travelled internationally, we are stood very close to each other, often in very crowded conditions, all handling the same items.

Some organizers will be more focused on high levels of attendance as opposed reducing the tables, increasing the spacing and limiting the numbers of attendees.

Don't tell him Pike