Long Island Pen Show Anyone?

GoldenNibs

Anyone planning to attend the LI show in a few weeks? Im gonna be vending for the third time this year. Its always a fun show and recommend stopping by if you are in the area.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoldenNibs

• Sailor Kenshin

• inkstainedruth

• Dylan Skolnick

I'm excited to attend! It'll be my second pen show ever and my first on LI!

I really enjoy the venue they use as it has a lot of overhead windows and when its sunny out you get a lot of natural light coming in along with the overhead lighting. Makes looking at pens easier.

Looking forward to it. We've skipped a few years, so it is sort of a homecoming. Come on by my table and gab a bit--love talking pens with folks. Dave Silber, Noyesville Pens

I'll have a table there for the 3rd yr running. Here's hoping I can get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep this time around! :lol:

Edited by Estragon

aka popcod (FPGeeks)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Metal Trim! —> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein) | Balance (grey/red fleck); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, green, ebonized pearl); First-Yr Crest (silver cap) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (clean persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: "half" Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers: Diamond Medal (grey pinstripe, marble stripe, etc.)

I'll have a table there for the 3rd yr running. Here's hoping I can get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep this time around! :lol:

The past few weeks I have been getting my ducks in a row. Fixing pens in my to do pile for the show and testing pens. I'll have inky fingers till Saturday. lol See you there.

Attending Saturday only. After more than 30 years of going to pen shows, this will be my first LI show. Looking forward to it.

Cunaf3.jpg

Partial list of Exhibitors

Richard Binder-Richards Pens
Jim Baer- Monamoy Pens
Indy-Pen_Dance -Linda and Mike Kennedy
Federalist Pens
Toys from the Attic
Bittner Pens
Fountain Pen Hospital
Kenro Industries -featuring Aurora and Esterbrook Pens
Taccia Pens
Nick Pang
Jonathan Steinberg
Lightbringer Designs-Wax Seals
Bob Novac

Jason Lee - Urushi Pens

and much more

Taccia! I wasn't able to attend this year. Who went to this show? How was it?

Terry always puts on a great show and this year he did a great job despite the virus scare. The virus definitely effected turnout as there was not as many vendors and buyers as previous years. I actually ended up with Binder's usual spot because he did not show up along with a few others. Some neat things did show up and FPH came out with their usual bag of pens. I did end up with some nice additions to my collection and sold a few pens to some great people. I also met a great pen guy that was next to me named Wes. I did not show up Sunday though because NY issued a state of emergency so I cannot give any info on how the show was that day.

Sunday was very slow, unfortunately, I would say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the usual attendance. Some vendors were packing up early. It was great for those who braved the bug, I got a pen adjusted by Linda Kennedy with hardly any wait, worth the trip by itself. Richard Binder didn't show because Barbara was feeling under the weather (just a bad cold, thank God). I miss seeing Brian and Lisa Anderson, but they are out of the "pen show" thing these days. And as usual for this show, a large ink-sample table with no place to actually buy the ink you like, unless it was Noodler's.

I find as the years go by that I am spending less and less time at this show. It seems to skew towards vintage and collectable, whereas I am more of a latest-and-greatest person who also spends his money on ink, stationary and accessories. I hope it snaps back next year.

Sunday was very slow, unfortunately, I would say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the usual attendance. Some vendors were packing up early. It was great for those who braved the bug, I got a pen adjusted by Linda Kennedy with hardly any wait, worth the trip by itself. Richard Binder didn't show because Barbara was feeling under the weather (just a bad cold, thank God). I miss seeing Brian and Lisa Anderson, but they are out of the "pen show" thing these days. And as usual for this show, a large ink-sample table with no place to actually buy the ink you like, unless it was Noodler's.

I find as the years go by that I am spending less and less time at this show. It seems to skew towards vintage and collectable, whereas I am more of a latest-and-greatest person who also spends his money on ink, stationary and accessories. I hope it snaps back next year.

Whoa there partner, only a few exhibitors did not show up and they were vintage only folks. While the Andersons have not made it back for two years in a row because they are cutting back on shows in general, you had Federalist pens for inks, and modern pens, Kenro Enterprises with plenty of modern pens like Auroa and the new Esterbrook, Bittner Pens with the latest and greatist, Taccia with some lovely Urushi and less expensive Sailor made pens and fantastic new inks, Fountain Pen Hospital as well as a bevy of new pen turners as well as some returning folks like Ira Fischer. There was also an abundance of Paper and ink. Who else do you want to see at the show?

For a pen show virgin, I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I attended both days, though I did hear attendance was lower than in past years due to the corona virus scare. I added a green Aurora Ipsilon, extra fine and a Parker vacumatic major, exta fine and some much needed pen cases to my collection. It was nice to meet the vendors with their loads of beautiful pens. So much fun!

There was definitely a lot of paper and modern pens to be honest. Maybe not as many new pen sellers as the Philly show but enough to balance it out. I completely forgot to pick up a fountain pen friendly notebook and some ink.

I'm the opposite! Beginning to collect and repair vintage pens, beaters especially welcome. I have enough paper for now, I think...yeah, only five shelves full.

We have not been to the show in a couple of years. I was sorry to miss it.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.