Bexley Fountain Pens

WLSpec

Hi!

Another place. To get Bexley Fountain Pens is at Peyton Street Pens (they are in Santa Cruz). They are a top notch seller of classic fountain pens, with a lot. Of NOS.. They also have a small Bexley selection (some. Are New,, some are great used condition). I’ve bought a few pens from Peyton Street Pens and have been really happy!

(A funny story with them: I sold the owner a Bexley Owner’s Club, to thin my collections little. I always sort of regretted that because I missed the pen. The owner put it up for sale a few years later — the exact pen (same serial number, my original receipt in the box)) — and I bought it back!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WLSpec

• JonSzanto

• zaddick

• HogwldFLTR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh! One thing I forgot to mention: If you like Bexley pens, you might also like Edison pens. They too are made in USA pretty much by hand of similar material with somewhat similar designs. Edison has some clever filling systems.

Hi!

Another place. To get Bexley Fountain Pens is at Peyton Street Pens (they are in Santa Cruz). They are a top notch seller of classic fountain pens, with a lot. Of NOS.. They also have a small Bexley selection (some. Are New,, some are great used condition). I’ve bought a few pens from Peyton Street Pens and have been really happy!

(A funny story with them: I sold the owner a Bexley Owner’s Club, to thin my collections little. I always sort of regretted that because I missed the pen. The owner put it up for sale a few years later — the exact pen (same serial number, my original receipt in the box)) — and I bought it back!!

Another place would be from Howard himself at Bexlevy on the bay.

Fred

Another place would be from Howard himself at Bexlevy on the bay.

Since he sold the brand to the Fountain Pen Family, I am pretty certain he has stopped anything on eBay. I purchased some of the last pens he put up for sale last year and I haven't seen any traces of Howard on the Bay in quite a while. I believe those days are behind us now.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Since he sold the brand to the Fountain Pen Family, I am pretty certain he has stopped anything on eBay. I purchased some of the last pens he put up for sale last year and I haven't seen any traces of Howard on the Bay in quite a while. I believe those days are behind us now.

Offered is an estate pen...currently a Bexley 58 in hr and sleeve filler.

Fred

Edited by Freddy

To Freddys point, Howard is selling a large estate collection which includes a fair number of Bexley pens. In addition, he is selling some new Bexley pens left over from his previous production. I dont believe he is selling anything newly made any longer. I bought a few older pens that he decided to get rid of, but I know there are more and some less common models. He is still selling under the same user account and the same style of photos so easy to spot. :) Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

To Freddys point, Howard is selling a large estate collection which includes a fair number of Bexley pens. In addition, he is selling some new Bexley pens left over from his previous production. I dont believe he is selling anything newly made any longer. I bought a few older pens that he decided to get rid of, but I know there are more and some less common models. He is still selling under the same user account and the same style of photos so easy to spot. :)

I watched for a number of months and it seemed like all activity had come to a halt. I appreciate the heads up, though I'll have to decide whether it is worth putting an email alert on a recurring search.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I watched for a number of months and it seemed like all activity had come to a halt. I appreciate the heads up, though I'll have to decide whether it is worth putting an email alert on a recurring search.

I look on a regular basis. If you want model/color you want I can keep a mental note and reach out if I see something that might be of interest. Just let me know. DM me here or on IG.

I look on a regular basis. If you want model/color you want I can keep a mental note and reach out if I see something that might be of interest. Just let me know. DM me here or on IG.

Thanks, that's very kind of you. Honestly, I feel like a bit of a bonehead, as once I took a look at my My EBay page, I realized that I had Howard as one of my saved sellers. But it did seem like, after my last purchases, he got quiet for a long while.

I'm not hard-core actively seeking, and the honest truth is that not many of the Bexley pens floated my boat. I *did* take a liking to the last iteration of the Prometheus model, maybe just called a "II", and picked up two of those when he was blowing them out. If I could find another one or two in colors that appealed, I might get them. The pen and section are a really great size and weight for me, and I've come up with an "ink tank" design to use instead of a converter, which gives a good supply of ink.

Anyway, that is pretty much my interest. Thanks for the thought!

~ Benjamin Franklin

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 6:21 AM, Parker51 said:

Yes, Howard sold his Company as part of his plan to retire, eventually. He currently is still busy with producing pens for others on a contract basis as he retained his production facility, after selling the Bexley Pen Company. This means the new owners could produce examples of Bexley Pens earlier production if they wanted to, but there is no indication that they do plan to resume production of earlier designs at this time; instead they are going forth with new designs. Some of the last of the old production made in Columbus, Ohio is still available at some retailors. The old warrenty still is in effect as the new owners are very honorable and established members of the Fountain Pen Community and recognize that this is the right thing to do. Bexley Pens is not just a name they bought, but a Company with a well earned reputation.

Will Howard every stop designing and making pens, unknown.

So, if you are ever planning a visit to Columbus, Ohio, contact Howard. He may be planning on being around and likely would,give you a tour and possibly the oppertunity to purchase from him directly one of his new designs. He made a pen for the 2019 Ohio Pen Show under the name Levy's Legacy and he may have some left as well as anything he designs new.

Bexley, Ohio is by the way where Howard lives, an unique small city surrounded by Columbus, Ohio on East side of Columbus, Ohio and not where Bexley Pens were ever made. Thought about, yes, but made,,not possible as there was no place in Bexley to place a production facility. Bexley is an affluent bedroom city with excellent Public schools, the oldest Lutheran University in the U.S., Capital University, my alma mater, Trinity Lutheran Seminary, many beautiful churches and synagogues, some very nice shopping and restaurants, a neighborhood Cinema, the Drexel, some nice parks, including one with a very nice city pool and tennis courts on the grounds of Jeffrey's Mansion (which my wife, who was my college sweetheart and I used to walk to), the Governor of Ohio's Mansion, a lot of other Mansions and the humble home of my daughter, son inlaw and most importantly my grandson.

Bexley Pens production facility was located on the West side of Columbus in an industrial park.

Hey, Parker51, I'm not certain if you'll see this but I've recently gotten interested in Bexley Pens because of amongst other things the tie to Bexley, OH where I also went to Capital and graduated from there. I'll back channel communicate as well.

-Lee

Hello, sorry to not reply sooner. FPN no longer functions with my iPad & I only occasionally use my phone. I recently got a new laptop, but haven't started using it.  

In regard to Howard Levy, he is still very much around. In fact I received a pen I bought through him today.

Here are the Bexleys I still have. All of them are from the original company.  (I like the new Bexley from TPF but don't really think of it as a Bexley).

LtoR

Imperial, Multi Max in Sheaffer Acrylic, the next 4 are the annual Bexley Owners Club models, the first model done for Fountain Pen Network (says FPN on the top) and a Gate City Readyfill (made by Bexley for Richard Binder ala GCP)

I also have 3 Gaston's made by Bexley (Angel, Devil and a one off).

The owners club pens originally were offered to previous owners and usually were a little special (wich is why I have kept mine).  The one on the left resembles bamboo and the body is made of 28 pieces, the 2nd is the Poseidon body with a sterling silver overlay called 'Brains', the 3rd was an homage to Wahl and the last one in black is made of G10. 

Bex.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

Just now, Doug C said:

Here are the Bexleys I still have. All of them are from the original company.  (I like the new Bexley from TPF but don't really think of it as a Bexley).

LtoR

Imperial, Multi Max in Sheaffer Acrylic, the next 4 are the annual Bexley Owners Club models, the first model done for Fountain Pen Network (says FPN on the top) and a Gate City Readyfill (made by Bexley for Richard Binder ala GCP)

I also have 3 Gaston's made by Bexley (Angel, Devil and a one off).

The owners club pens originally were offered to previous owners and usually were a little special (which is why I have kept mine).  The one on the left resembles bamboo and the body is made of 28 pieces, the 2nd is the Poseidon body with a sterling silver overlay called 'Brains', the 3rd was an homage to Wahl and the last one in black is made of G10. 

Bex.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

Hello, I also have one of the ebonite Bexley that resembles Bamboo. If you ever want to sell it, I have a friend who wants one.

2 hours ago, Parker51 said:

Hello, I also have one of the ebonite Bexley that resembles Bamboo. If you ever want to sell it, I have a friend who wants one.

I'll keep it mind.

the Danitrio Fellowship

16 hours ago, Parker51 said:

Hello, sorry to not reply sooner. FPN no longer functions with my iPad & I only occasionally use my phone. I recently got a new laptop, but haven't started using it.  

In regard to Howard Levy, he is still very much around. In fact I received a pen I bought through him today.

I believe he has a presence on ebay as well (so it appears). How do you contact him?

Thanks,

-Lee

Edited by HogwldFLTR

3 hours ago, HogwldFLTR said:

I believe he has a presence on ebay as well (so it appears). How do you contact him?

Thanks,

-Lee

I reached out to him via eBay, but you can also find his email with a google search I believe.

17 hours ago, zaddick said:

I reached out to him via eBay, but you can also find his email with a google search I believe.

Thanks!

-Lee

• 4 weeks later...

I've kind of fallen for these pens; three in and two more on the way. One today and another one later in the coming week. They write amazingly well; very impressed so far!!! One wouldn't load with the cartridge converter through the nib but drew through the converter alone and then added it to the pen; it works well that way. Never thought of trying that before.